Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    IST wrote:
    DX12 Borderlands would be amazing.
    I'm not disagree with you in the slightest, it's just that increased graphical pretties aren't really the priorities of DX12. Under-the-hood optimisation is. Eg DirectCompute is the secret to the current gen consoles' success, letting them squeeze so much out of under-powered hardware. DirectCompute is one of the key features of DX12. Just wait until we start seeing PC games built from the ground-up on DX12 or Vulkan, 4K on a $600 GPU will be much closer reality!

Better CPU multi-threading is also pretty exciting. Just think of how much more shit you'd be able to have on screen, more advanced physics, more intelligent AI. Future gen strategy games will be next level! The potential of our i7's will finally be realised!

2. Post
    "Battleborn Free Trial" Too little, too late Randy.
    https://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware/...62475373993985

IST wrote:
    Hell yes they should have gone straight to Borderlands 3, BL and BL2 are some of my favourite gaming experiences: DX12 Borderlands would be amazing.
    Fast-forward 1+ year later and now we know that DX12 is trash that runs worse than DX11 in most cases. We also know that Vulkan actually kicks ass but almost zero developers of relevance are using it, sadly.

3. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    "Battleborn Free Trial" Too little, too late Randy.
    https://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware/...62475373993985

Fast-forward 1+ year later and now we know that DX12 is trash that runs worse than DX11 in most cases.
    What?!
    Are you just now posting outright lies in threads now?
    There are issues with DX12 for sure, but mostly that nVidia sees less gains than AMD, not that there aren't any gains to be had, and certainly no losses.
    Am I missing some DX12 breakdown that confirms that it performs worse than DX11? If so, where is it? I like to think I am up to speed on this sort of thing, but admit that maybe I have missed this as the tech side of things is less interesting to me.
    Can you please link me some sources? My Google-fu is weak as I cannot find anything indicating a general/universal performance drop in DX12.