1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    a computer doesn't know whats the best play/cool, it can only do calculations - it will look for whatever number you ask it to, therefore what is the best/cool has to be programmed/store as a value that the computer can find - the problem is that the best play can be relative, what is good in one game may not have been the best in another

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    a computer doesn't know whats the best play/cool, it can only do calculations - it will look for whatever number you ask it to, therefore what is the best/cool has to be programmed/store as a value that the computer can find - the problem is that the best play can be relative, what is good in one game may not have been the best in another
    Directed Camera in CS:GO seems to work fine for predicting and showing you when big skirmishes/flanks are about to occur, surely that's the same principle?

Personally think Ults are massively over-valued in POTG right now. I think getting a good triple without using your ult is generally way more impressive than getting an easy Ult quad on the control point.

4. Post
    Maybe change the play of the game to "most consecutive kills". In the beta I liked seeing the replay at the end of the round so I wouldn't want to see it removed.

5. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Directed Camera in CS:GO seems to work fine for predicting and showing you when big skirmishes/flanks are about to occur, surely that's the same principle?

Personally think Ults are massively over-valued in POTG right now. I think getting a good triple without using your ult is generally way more impressive than getting an easy Ult quad on the control point.
    Sure, but getting a quad with your ult or a quad without your ult affects the outcome of the game all the same, no?

6. Post
    So it's just instant replays... who cares?

7. Post
    There are a few other things. I'd like to see specially in D.VA highlights if she get's out of the mech for the camera to be on the mech and not on her where she can't see it.

At the end of the beta we were seeing more Support plays of the games. But that seems to be uncommon anymore.

8. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    So it's just instant replays... who cares?
    This. Is it really a big deal?

9. Post
    KiwiAhri wrote:
    There are a few other things. I'd like to see specially in D.VA highlights if she get's out of the mech for the camera to be on the mech and not on her where she can't see it.
    Youtuber Gggmanlives was totally on the money when he labelled Overwatch as "waifu bait"!

10. Post
    They're a really cool part of the game tbh, as insignificant as they sound

11. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    This. Is it really a big deal?

It's a really neat little side feature. If they can make it better then cool.

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Youtuber Gggmanlives was totally on the money when he labelled Overwatch as "waifu bait"!
    Wouldn't say Waifu bait. I think all the character's are cool in their own way. And in no way am I gay for D.VA.

13. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    From what I gather, it seems like CS:GO's autodirector works mostly on the position of the players relative to each other - I don't think it cares about who got what frag with what weapon etc.

14. Post
    It can be done, it's just a lot of hard work and will automatically come down to whatever someone Blizzard decides is the "coolest" thing to work with.

This is where proper AI can really shine though...

15. Post
    So, the choice narrowed down to Skynet or Fail of the game?

16. Post
    It's recognition. One of the key elements that keeps people playing a game - perhaps more than anything else where competitive games are concerned. It might be transient and it might sound insignificant but it is something that players can aim for while playing and it's a slap in the face when someone gets it for doing next to nothing.

More than that - it's an opportunity to show really cool stuff that happened in the fight from that player's perspective. An opportunity that is currently not being utilized properly.

It has a ton of potential that doesn't involve the tedium of watching yet another riptire blow up 3 people. It's a problem when you're thinking "I could be loading into the next match but instead I have to sit here and watch this".

17. Post
    If they fix this Rekuja will stop playing haha

18. Post
    Albaral wrote:
    If they fix this Rekuja will stop playing haha
    I'm OK with that.

19. Post
    RPS had a feature on Overwatch the other day. I started reading it then I realised it was entirely about making PotG feature better so I instantly deleted it from my Pocket reading list. Holy f*ck, instant replays are serious business to people indeed.

I really don't get it, the only scenario in which I see this shit actually being useful is if you're an e-sports event commentator. I supposed that the people who take this shit seriously probably also ponied up the extra $20 USD for the Origins edition which was entirely just worthless cosmetic DLC crap.

20. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    RPS had a feature on Overwatch the other day. I started reading it then I realised it was entirely about making PotG feature better so I instantly deleted it from my Pocket reading list. Holy f*ck, instant replays are serious business to people indeed.

I really don't get it, the only scenario in which I see this shit actually being useful is if you're an e-sports event commentator. I supposed that the people who take this shit seriously probably also ponied up the extra $20 USD for the Origins edition which was entirely just worthless cosmetic DLC crap.
    Yeah agreed. It's an outrage.

21. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

Nope you definitely don't get it, do you play the game?

You don't have to pay the extra $20 it's completely optional so there's really nothing wrong with that.

22. Post
    How dare someone who enjoys a game and wants to pay extra for stuff with it!!!!??

What are they thinking!? Buying a game at an extra cost for ingame goodies because they enjoy it, blasphamy!! I personally got it because I loved the game and it came with stuff for my other Blizzard games that I play quite frequently.

In seriousness most PoTG arent that impressive but Im still glad they're in the game because I like to laugh at mates or with mates when the rare one comes up that is actually good or hillarious. My mate got a PotG on Roadhogg and all he did was shoot a Junkrat Tire, now that was an amazing PotG.

Rekuja is the man of PotGs so we cant take that away from him.

23. Post
    yea...its sad but a computer cant see whats cool or not, even if they did try and change it we will probably get really lame play of the games 7 out of 10 times, its fine as it is

24. Post
    Had a POTG yesterday following a dead Tobjohn