Death Stranding | A Kojima Productions Game |

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567

1. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    ?

Fallen Order is $99 at TheWarehouse, $92 at JB. Can't see it anywhere cheaper if you want it Day One.
    Mighty Ape AU my brother.

https://www.mightyape.com.au/product...r-ps4/28203539

2. Post
    ^nl $88

3. Post
    Mountain Slayr wrote:
    ^nl $88
    Still about $10 cheaper from MA U

4. Post
    Oh i'm not getting it - like i say, Star Wars.... . MA AU is cheapest, but can't now get it today. I'm going to go get a kebab.

5. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Oh i'm not getting it - like i say, Star Wars.... . MA AU is cheapest, but can't now get it today. I'm going to go get a kebab.
    I get you bro, I'm not a huge fan either, but I do love me some Star Wars games. Enjoy your kebab

6. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Still about $10 cheaper from MA U
    I think we posted at the same time as your post wasnt there when I added my comment, but yep MA AU def better my comment was in reply to Fred's comment

7. Post
    Mountain Slayr wrote:
    I think we posted at the same time as your post wasnt there when I added my comment, but yep MA AU def better my comment was in reply to Fred's comment
    Haha yeah, you might be right there!

NL if you want to get it today though, otherwise it'll be Monday or Tuesday from MA

8. Post
    So I no longer own Death Stranding, and I have to admit, it's actually a bit of a relief. It's made me realise that I was desperately wanting to like it, to the point where I was forcing myself to play it, looking at it with rose-tinted glasses, and trying to gloss over the niggling flaws that I was noticing.

I just wasn't enjoying it. The biggest buzz I've had while playing was realising that you had to hold down the options button to bring up the structure menu! And maybe that's the point - it's not meant to be enjoyable perhaps?

I don't want to take anything away from those that are enjoying it, but it's just not for me. I guess I just need the filthy-casualness of checklists and icons, mission markers and systems that are obvious and intuitive. Back to AC Odyssey and Horizon Zero Dawn mefinks!

9. Post
    Thanks for your input on this FJ, I know its a bargain basement game at best to try out in the future.

I'd recommend the EB games 7 day on Jedi Fallen Order. Even if you're not into Star Wars its a pretty decent game and story mode you'll breeze through in a week then return it . Its not all button mashing killing enemies so far the exploration, puzzles and attention to detail is making this a very fun game.

10. Post
    Game is great fun. Death stranding that is, not the star wars rubbish lol.
    Not finished it yet. If it wasn't for the RE2 remake this would be my goty.
    Game is very fun.

11. Post
    Star wars ftw

12. Post
    Usergame wrote:
    Not finished it yet. If it wasn't for the RE2 remake this would be my goty.
    Game is very fun.
    You haven't really said why you find it fun. Personally, it just became a chore. A confusing, frustrating chore. Straw that broke the camels back was when my wife wandered past one day and yelled "Don't shake the baby!" just as a laugh, when I was "soothing" BB. "Yeah" I thought ".....this is bullshit!".

13. Post
    Usergame wrote:
    haha, you are like the anti WAB, taking the piss except I think you're serious

Frederick James wrote:
    You haven't really said why you find it fun.
    Who wouldn't find being the semen courier fun?

14. Post
    I posted the WAB review a page back, and I have to admit, it helped snap me out of my pretending-to-like-it delusion. I can see why the slower, more deliberate gameplay loop appeals to people though, so I'm not going to shit on anyone for liking it.

15. Post
    What on earth did I just saw

16. Post
    I'm about half way now. I think the GP review was spot on - I'm really enjoying it but can see it won't appeal to some. That's nothing unusual - for example some won't touch sports games or competitive shooters. Different strokes for different folks.

17. Post
    I failed a mission coz I fell off a ladder crossing a stream and all my cargo was damaged. It was my first game over screen and I just don't have the motivation to pick it up again. I will finish it at some stage but thing I'll play it straight and narrow rather than too much side content - I got caught up in fetch quest hell between 3 or 4 people in chapter 3 and started losing interest.

18. Post
    I restarted this on the weekend, as I hadn't played it for a couple weeks.

Playing on a 55" sitting back a few metres on the couch, I often struggle to see what the button input messages are that flash on screen.

How do you break free from the BT oil dudes? Do you tap square or long press it? I always get pulled under...

And for timefall and BT's, are they always in the same area? I.e. can I put signs down to remind myself? Or do they appear randomly?

I think for the time being I'll just focus on linking up sites before I backtrack all the list cargo.

19. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I restarted this on the weekend, as I hadn't played it for a couple weeks.

Playing on a 55" sitting back a few metres on the couch, I often struggle to see what the button input messages are that flash on screen.

How do you break free from the BT oil dudes? Do you tap square or long press it? I always get pulled under...

And for timefall and BT's, are they always in the same area? I.e. can I put signs down to remind myself? Or do they appear randomly?

I think for the time being I'll just focus on linking up sites before I backtrack all the list cargo.
    I hear ya with the text size - I have to lean forward a bit sometimes to read.

Tap square to escape the tar BTs. Although - in some missions where I had to pick up items around a BT-infested area, I found it easier to get pulled under, escape the next bit and then run around freely to collect items after the rain stops.

Timefall (and BTs) can move around, or it can stay put depending on which mission you're on. In chapter 3 you unlock
    Spoiler:
    (not a story spoiler)