Death Stranding | A Kojima Productions Game |

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Starring Norman Reedus.

2. Post
    Exciting, but it's a hell of a long long way away from being released, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't even make it for release this decade.

That entrance he made onto the stage was 100% boss.

3. Post
    LOL, photo posted by Norman Reedus to his Instagram account

Name:  Reedus.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  59.7 KB

4. Post
    Anyone got a tl;dr on the Kojima/Konami split? I don't know anything about it.

5. Post

Tormenta wrote:
    Anyone got a tl;dr on the Kojima/Konami split? I don't know anything about it.
    Pretty sure it was because Kojima spent way too much money making MGSV and was very much inclined to do things his own way rather than listen to anything Konami had to say. That, and the fact that Konami isn't that interested in video games anymore (as opposed to Pachinko) meant Kojima had to go. As such, MGSV was shipped unfinished and Silent Hills was cancelled all together.

Not really sure what I think of this new game yet. Not much to go off based on the trailer. I haven't been a fan of Kojimas recent output at any rate (with the exception of PT) so I'll wait until we see some gameplay before I make any judgement.

6. Post
    looks interesting but who knows yet

7. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Pretty sure it was because Kojima spent way too much money making MGSV and was very much inclined to do things his own way rather than listen to anything Konami had to say. That, and the fact that Konami isn't that interested in video games anymore (as opposed to Pachinko) meant Kojima had to go. As such, MGSV was shipped unfinished and Silent Hills was cancelled all together.

Not really sure what I think of this new game yet. Not much to go off based on the trailer. I haven't been a fan of Kojimas recent output at any rate (with the exception of PT) so I'll wait until we see some gameplay before I make any judgement.
    Thanks. Kojima's been criticised for his inept storytelling ability, if you believe Youtuber Razorfist (who cites people in Konami's employ).

8. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Thanks. Kojima's been criticised for his inept storytelling ability, if you believe Youtuber Razorfist (who cites people in Konami's employ).
    I liked MGS1 and 3s plots. I admit, the rest of the series is a complete mess though.

9. Post
    Interesting analysis from Eurogamer

(in not so related news, the theme song to the trailer I'll Keep Coming by Low Road blew me away, ended up buying the album and it's fantastic - very Sigur Ros with hints of Radiohead)

10. Post
    Hideo Kojima game:

politics
    slutty woman
    his name every 10 minutes

not sure why I'm complaining tbh, I love the first two cos I'm a perv.

11. Post
    The only bit of information that is important in that video is the revelation that he hasn't even settled on a game engine for this game yet. We should start taking bets on how many years away this game is from being released, I reckon 2020 at the earliest, though seeing as he will be using someone elses game engine instead of making his own I suppose it could speed things up, so 2019 might be a possibility, but nah, being Kojima I reckon he'd like the symbolism of releasing a game in the year 2020, don't know why, just reckon he would.

12. Post
    Phantom pain was announced in 2012 and released in 2015. Sony wont let Kojima hold on to it forever. Despite there good relations they want the game on time. Id bet on Q4 2018 maybe Q1 2019.

13. Post
    I didn't notice this before, but these are the first 'Ludens' images released a month or 2 ago. The eyes are totally Reedus, with the side profile / grey sky background image matching his stance in the Death Stranding images.

'I'll keep coming' being the name of the Low Roar song played in the DS trailer.
    There are theories going around based on the 0 album (Low Roar, released 2014) it might suggest hints via the cover and the song titles of some of Kojimas upcoming work.

Kojima has stated that DS doesn't yet have a release date but 'the game has started' so looks like there may be deliberate hints or clues being left out for us to mull over.

14. Post
    damn dude

15. Post
    What on earth did I just watch

16. Post
    Mads still got his Doctor Strange look going on. Actual lol at the Del Toro cameo.

17. Post

18. Post
    i dont understand what i just watched

19. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    damn dude

This! I like this.

20. Post
    I read that if you play the 2 trailers simultaneously the baby warps from the first trailer into the second. Will try it later

21. Post
    Crow#Zero;10840642. wrote:
    Kojima has stated that DS doesn't yet have a release date but 'the game has started' so looks like there may be deliberate hints or clues being left out for us to mull over.
    Actually he said death stranding does have an internal release date. And he also said before the 2020 tokyo olympics and the new akira movie. so that gives us some sort of release window.

22. Post
    At the time I posted that information there was no mention of a release window that I could find. Before the 2020 Olympics totally narrows it down though.

23. Post
    This vid highlighted a few things I'd missed:

And this tweet shows the moment the baby transfers from one trailer into the other https://twitter.com/memeings/status/804937495037276160

24. Post
    inb4 No Man's Sky 2.0

I mean, after NMS you'd think they'd be a bit more hesitant to start hyping this sort of shit again, without any actual in-game footage. I guess he's at least not promising the universe to people while doing it, but I almost find this kind of absurd teasing nonsense even worse.

25. Post
    Here's hoping we hear nothing more about this game until they have a vertical slice to show us.