Death Stranding | A Kojima Productions Game |

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 101 to 125 of 169

  1. Post
    Good stuff will be interesting to hear. seen a few videos, like playing golf a tiny bit of action after 10 mins of walking, if that.

    You price matching the $79 price they have in the Warehouse? And hows the returns work you get your money back or store credit?

    https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/ps4...9.html#start=1

    edit - if you get a chance to post early impressions and they're ok I'll pick this up tomorrow from South City.

  2. Post
    Yep. Just got home from picking it up. If you say it's a gift when you get it at EB, instead of having 7 days to return it, you have until 8 January - some Christmas promo they do. I recall them doing it previous years, but I don't think it's ever been that long. And yes, they refund using the same method of purchase. I used a Visa for The Outer Worlds, and when I returned it they just credited it back to that same Visa.

    $79 at The Warehouse is only until 12 November, so if you gonna do it, do it this weekend. Just show them the link, and they should match;
    https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/ps4.../R2592889.html

    Will start getting into it a bit later, and will post up some first impressions.

  3. Post
    got it today, haven;t installed it yet. had the last couple of days where i just cbf'd playing anything (really really weird for me).

    and then when i wanted to install it don't have the space lol

  4. Post
    Can confirm you spend lots of time in cut scenes, trying out weird game mechanics, walking, trying to keep your balance, and managing your inventory.

  5. Post
    For those that have now played ds. How are you finding it? Enjoyable or not so much?

    Sent from my STK-L22 using Tapatalk

  6. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Nice! Finished Odyssey the other day, best AC game for me. Mopping up some trophies then starting on the DLC!
    Frederick James wrote:
    Actually part way through AC Odyssey myself, but I'll definitely be seeing what DS is all about. If only so I can take it back to EB within the return period
    Drakarth wrote:
    will be getting it tomorrow, not sure if i'll jump right in or finish the current game i'm playing (tho with that being AC Odyssey i might end up caving).
    Get into the AC thread and discuss I am gonna start DLC!

  7. Post

  8. Post
    $120 whaka me

  9. Post
    Kcin wrote:
    For those that have now played ds. How are you finding it? Enjoyable or not so much?

    Sent from my STK-L22 using Tapatalk
    Only a couple of hours in but so far enjoying it. Itís certainly not for everyone and I can see people not enjoying it but for me it just clicks.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Post
    jords wrote:
    Get into the AC thread and discuss I am gonna start DLC!
    to be fair, i've only just started the game. only just finished chapter 1 after 10hours of mucking around lol.

    i browse that thread every now and then, but have nothing to add since i'm so early into the game and not sure i will play the DLC.

    back on topic, have space to install it now, not sure if i want to start it now or wait a bit and see if they need to patch anything.

  11. Post
    Been doing a few hours this afternoon. I'm liking it, and for once I don't mind the cutscenes. They're just so well done, so polished, with absolutely superb acting. Wife is enjoying watching me play it, and is tempering my impatience; I want to run everywhere at full boost, and end up staggering around and falling on my arse - she's "helping" me with choosing paths etc.

    It's definitely not for everyone, and will be too ponderous for many, but I get the feeling that playing it through is going to be like peeling back the layers of a very satisfying and interesting onion.

    Part way through chapter 2 now, and from what I can gather, it's best to hoon through until you unlock fast travel during chapter 3, making it much easier to backtrack and mop up chapter 2 stuff. Will post up more impressions as I play through it.

  12. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Been doing a few hours this afternoon. I'm liking it, and for once I don't mind the cutscenes. They're just so well done, so polished, with absolutely superb acting. Wife is enjoying watching me play it, and is tempering my impatience; I want to run everywhere at full boost, and end up staggering around and falling on my arse - she's "helping" me with choosing paths etc.

    It's definitely not for everyone, and will be too ponderous for many, but I get the feeling that playing it through is going to be like peeling back the layers of a very satisfying and interesting onion.

    Part way through chapter 2 now, and from what I can gather, it's best to hoon through until you unlock fast travel during chapter 3, making it much easier to backtrack and mop up chapter 2 stuff. Will post up more impressions as I play through it.
    Apparently it starts to get good around Chapter 3.

    I definitely want to play this, but just don't have the time eh. Odyssey taking up most of it, and Fallen Order next week too.

  13. Post

  14. Post
    $69 @ Dicksmith didnt read thread so unsure if someone posted this lol

  15. Post
    slipstream wrote:
    $69 @ Dicksmith didnt read thread so unsure if someone posted this lol
    Yeah bro, pretty mean deal. NFS heat and Star Wars Fallen Order are the same price.

  16. Post
    Okay, my first play session was great, but today, not sure if I'm just not in the mood for it, but it's pissing me off! I just feel like I'm staggering around everywhere like a drunkard, wrecking my cargo and injuring myself. Arsed over in a river earlier, and all my shit fell off and floated away!

  17. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Okay, my first play session was great, but today, not sure if I'm just not in the mood for it, but it's pissing me off! I just feel like I'm staggering around everywhere like a drunkard, wrecking my cargo and injuring myself. Arsed over in a river earlier, and all my shit fell off and floated away!
    Is it like QWOP to move around or something lol

  18. Post
    Nah, but you have to use L2 and R2 to lean and rebalance yourself. If you've stacked your load too high, you can get out of balance, and if you don't quickly press L2 and R2 together, you faceplant. They say it's not meant to be easy. Or fun. It's designed to be challenging. But I'm finding it very clunky, and it's really sapped my will to play it. For the moment anyway.

    See if I can get back into it tomorrow.

  19. Post
    Girl on IGN Game Scoop said she just holds the triggers down the entire time while walking and that does the trick, one of the other people said it affects stamina but she said not enough to cause any real problems, so try doing that.

  20. Post
    there's so much pointless reading, animations, results screens, side missions, not to mention the clunkky UI. the game is beginning to become a chore.

  21. Post
    Why are people surprised the game is tedious & boring af lol? Wasn't it obvious from all the reviews & videos out there?

  22. Post
    I didn't watch any vids, and I guess I wanted to celebrate someone trying something that was a little bit different than the norm. Might just chop it down to pussy difficulty and see if that makes any difference.

    I do the L2+R2 combo all the time, but he walks so damn slow!

  23. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Why are people surprised the game is tedious & boring af lol? Wasn't it obvious from all the reviews & videos out there?
    Yeah not my type of game at all, saw one review that said it was a great movie

  24. Post
    Picked it up on Friday, made it through to episode 4 so far, I think I have a pretty good amount of patience regarding pace and repetition in the game play loop but I have been enjoying it so far - I can understand this ain't for everyone.

    Optimizing the cargo load (triangle in the cargo screen) can help a little with balance, I generally use a combination of steadying with L2+R2, shifting the weight balance as required and crouching depending on the terrain.

    As you level up and gain access to the different skeletons and vehicles it makes it a bit more flexible, I've found myself spending more time trying to get vehicles over rocky terrain and different paths etc then just climbing over them on foot.

  25. Post
    Kojima comments on criticisms, thinks the reason the game got bad reviews is that it flies above western shooting games.

    He's trying to deflect criticism by saying the game isn't bad, it's just most western gamers have short attention spans because all they do is play call of duty.

    https://wccftech.com/kojima-death-st...bove-shooters/