Death Stranding | A Kojima Productions Game |

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 6 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

1. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Kojima comments on criticisms, thinks the reason the game got bad reviews is that it flies above western shooting games.

He's trying to deflect criticism by saying the game isn't bad, it's just most western gamers have short attention spans because all they do is play call of duty.

https://wccftech.com/kojima-death-st...bove-shooters/
    They are translating an Italian interview that is probably translating his answers from Japanese. Suspect that some things are getting lost in translation.

2. Post
    gikar wrote:
    They are translating an Italian interview that is probably translating his answers from Japanese. Suspect that some things are getting lost in translation.
    Either way, Hideo is right lol

3. Post
    I have got this in my bag at work today, with the intention of taking it back on my way home. I was going to get back into it last night, but i just couldn't be arsed, felt like such a chore.

I think it would be great if Sam was just a little more stable. I'd have thought that with being the legendary porter that he is, he'd be built like a brick shithouse and have more stability when moving across the landscape, as opposed to staggering around like a f**kin weakling.

Maybe Normam Reedus was cheaper than Dave Bautista?

I don't know though. Actually, since i've no rush, maybe i'll give it another chance. I'm torn!!!

4. Post
    Carries 120kg on his back across harsh terrain. But is a weakling?

K

5. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Carries 120kg on his back across harsh terrain. But is a weakling?

K
    Yeah, but what i'm saying is that he's this legendary porter, used to carrying that sort of weight - should be built like a body builder, and be well experienced enough with that kind of terrain to NOT stagger around like a drunk. I'm just thinking out loud really, venting some frustrations.

6. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Yeah, but what i'm saying is that he's this legendary porter, used to carrying that sort of weight - should be built like a body builder, and be well experienced enough with that kind of terrain to NOT stagger around like a drunk. I'm just thinking out loud really, venting some frustrations.
    Kind of defeats the purpose though doesn't it?

If it were easy, you'd be sprinting everywhere and not need any of the core game mechanics like managing your cargo, balance, capacity, stamina, planning a safe route, etc.

You'd just be big boss from mgsv in the death stranding universe.

7. Post
    Yeah, that's probably a fair point. I'll keep it for a few more days. Play some more, see if it clicks.

Do you have it?

8. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Yeah, that's probably a fair point. I'll keep it for a few more days. Play some more, see if it clicks.

Do you have it?
    By proxy of my son buying it and playing it when he's not, yes.

9. Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to build a bridge, can only build the foundation, not sure what I'm missing - any ideas?

10. Post
    OMG the more I read this thread the more im thinking I'll try this out for all of 1 min whens its a ps+ game next year.

Actually I would try this out if it weren't for Jedi releasing on Friday, do the EB thing.

11. Post
    So i fired it up again last night, and i'm back to grooving on it

Managed to build the bridge ...... kinda user error ..... the writing on the icon on the screen for the Structure Menu was so small i didn't realise it said 'Options'. Thought it was like every other menu where you held down Square. I had to YouTube it, and there was a note on the corner of the vid saying "Hold 'Options' to bring up Structure Menu" - d'oh!! Anyway..... was cool to get that done.

I then proceeded down to the south-west port and tackled the first boss. Died once, then managed to nail it. Other players throwing me grenades to use was a nice touch. Quite impressed with myself over that, considering i'm on Normal (almost thought of chopping down to Easy or Very Easy - may still have to do that later on, lol).

I've hit Episode 3 now, and unlocked Fast Travel, which should make it a bit easier. Having a bike to hoon around on is also making it a bit easier. Figured out how to skip the cutscenes you've seen 1000 times too. Yeah i know, but i'm used to games where a button pops up saying "Hold X to skip" or similar.

So yeah, i think it's clicked with me now

12. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    So i fired it up again last night, and i'm back to grooving on it

Managed to build the bridge ...... kinda user error ..... the writing on the icon on the screen for the Structure Menu was so small i didn't realise it said 'Options'. Thought it was like every other menu where you held down Square. I had to YouTube it, and there was a note on the corner of the vid saying "Hold 'Options' to bring up Structure Menu" - d'oh!! Anyway..... was cool to get that done.

I then proceeded down to the south-west port and tackled the first boss. Died once, then managed to nail it. Other players throwing me grenades to use was a nice touch. Quite impressed with myself over that, considering i'm on Normal (almost thought of chopping down to Easy or Very Easy - may still have to do that later on, lol).

I've hit Episode 3 now, and unlocked Fast Travel, which should make it a bit easier. Having a bike to hoon around on is also making it a bit easier. Figured out how to skip the cutscenes you've seen 1000 times too. Yeah i know, but i'm used to games where a button pops up saying "Hold X to skip" or similar.

So yeah, i think it's clicked with me now
    I have pretty much destroyed my bike. **** its going to be a long walk

13. Post
    Frederick James wrote:

Managed to build the bridge ...... kinda user error ..... the writing on the icon on the screen for the Structure Menu was so small i didn't realise it said 'Options'. Thought it was like every other menu where you held down Square. I had to YouTube it, and there was a note on the corner of the vid saying "Hold 'Options' to bring up Structure Menu" - d'oh!!
    Had to YT it as well .. was super frustrating.

14. Post
    The more I hear about this game now, the more it intrigues me. I can't remember the last time a game was so divisive.

15. Post
    gikar wrote:
    I have pretty much destroyed my bike. **** its going to be a long walk
    I was riding down to the south-west port, and got stuck in BT territory, had to abandon the bike and continue on foot. Made it okay, but kept getting messages about the Timefall rain ruining my bike

You know you can take the bike inside the Bridges buildings and park it in the garage and it restores the durability back to 100%?

Crow#Zero wrote:
    Had to YT it as well .. was super frustrating.
    I had heard that you needed to get your Bridge Level to 10 before you could add to others' structures, so spent a while fart-arsing around with that. Wife was watching me play last night; she was the one who YT'd it and said "You have to hold Options!". FFS!

So with your Private Storage, can you access that from anywhere? Like you pick up mission supplies, stick them into your storage, hoon off to where you need to go with only 30kg's on your back, then get them out of your Private Storage at the other end?

16. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I was riding down to the south-west port, and got stuck in BT territory, had to abandon the bike and continue on foot. Made it okay, but kept getting messages about the Timefall rain ruining my bike

You know you can take the bike inside the Bridges buildings and park it in the garage and it restores the durability back to 100%?
    No i didn't .. thanks for the heads up

17. Post
    gikar wrote:
    No i didn't .. thanks for the heads up
    Schweet as!

Mine was all rusted and smoking, parked it in the garage, did what i needed to do at the terminal, got it out of the garage - good as new, all shiny and stuff!

18. Post
    I was kind of expecting this;

Mine's going back to EB..... i can't be arsed with it.

19. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I was kind of expecting this;

Mine's going back to EB..... i can't be arsed with it.
    Would you sell it on the cheap bro

20. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Would you sell it on the cheap bro
    $79, no worries. That's what i'll get if i return it to EB (i price matched them against The Warehouse, but they only did that price until 12 November, now $99 at Te Wharehare).

21. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    $79, no worries. That's what i'll get if i return it to EB (i price matched them against The Warehouse, but they only did that price until 12 November, now $99 at Te Wharehare).
    Still a bit too rich for my blood brother. I might wait for NY or Xmas, maybe it'll be $40-ish

Are you going to check out Fallen Order?

22. Post
    I liked the original Star Wars films, but everything since those 3 has been trash. The games have mostly been trash. So nah, i can't really get invested in the lore, the story, etc.

23. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I liked the original Star Wars films, but everything since those 3 has been trash. The games have mostly been trash. So nah, i can't really get invested in the lore, the story, etc.
    I'm not a massive Stars Wars fan either, but this game has me intrigued.

24. Post
    Warewhare.

25. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Warewhare.
    ?

Edit; oh i get it now; you're critiquing my dodgy use of Maori. Oh well, at least i tried

Fallen Order is $99 at TheWarehouse, $92 at JB. Can't see it anywhere cheaper if you want it Day One.