Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Days Gone

Sony announced a new game today called Days Gone, which is an open-world action adventure made by Sony Blend (the studio that created Syphon Filter). No official release date as it's still in development.

2. Post
    Totally keen for this title, looks good so far.

3. Post
    Looked kinda bland tbh. Gun mechanics looked boring to.

4. Post
    Can't be as boring as Dead Rising at least, so I'm interested in seeing more game play.

5. Post
    It just looks so familiar. The sheer number of zombies spilling out of doorways and train cars was impressive though

6. Post
    Yeah looks pretty generic

7. Post
    I take part of that back. It's open world??

8. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I take part of that back. It's open world??
    Riding round on a motorbike collecting bounties in a zombie infected world, big open area's with a story that has linear bits like any story driven game.. Yeah it seems like it'll big one big map or a few big maps like Dying Light from the looks of things.

9. Post
    pretty sure it was just a demo for the looks, since he ran past some of the zombies and they didn't react at all, so AI was off maybe?
    still the sheer amount of them was impressive.

also, its Sony Bend, not Blend =P

10. Post
    Drakarth wrote:
    pretty sure it was just a demo for the looks, since he ran past some of the zombies and they didn't react at all, so AI was off maybe?
    Also noticed this. The AI attacks may have been turned down, or at such a high number, is actually just incredibly dumb (think Dynasty Warriors).

Personally I'm a bit zombie'd out and the biker theme doesn't appeal to me, however I'm always down for some open-world exploration.

11. Post
    I'm keen for a good single player zombie game that isn't either real super jank (Dead Island) or pretty jank and a bit hammy (Dying Light) or real ****in' hammy (Dead Rising) - but it seems they only get it right when it's not open world so I'm not holding my breath

e: this looks like it could be closer to what I'm after! Just as long as I don't ever see anything like this

12. Post
    Drakarth wrote:
    Yeah noticed this, probably explains why the player kept stopping to turn and shoot at them all the time, something that no one playing the game would ever do, you'd just run like hell. They probably just wanted to show off the physics of the zombies all falling over each other as they burst threw doorways and over dead bodies because it looked pretty cool.

The trailer was more interesting than the gameplay video, when it comes to zombie games I'm more interested in the human characters and how they interact with each other than I am the zombies.

I like the tone of the trailer, hopefully this is The Last of Us with faster zombies.

13. Post
    Devs have confirmed that the enemies AI, damage and damage resistance was turned right down for the E3 demo to make it more fun for the audience to watch (and so the guy didn't die all the time while demoing it)

Your only vehicle is a specially modified motorcycle that also acts as your inventory

The hordes of enemies come in different sizes, although they didn't say how many enemies can make up a horde they did say that some hordes are more manageable than others

There are environmental kills as well as contextual kills like this

Also the game has physics like if too many enemies are on a structure it may cause that structure to break, you can see this in the E3 demo inside the sawmill when the horde is crossing a wooden floor that the player damages and as more enemies go to cross the floor it collapses under their weight

The world is a totally open world with missions, side missions (your character is a bounty hunter so I imagine lots of bounty hunter quests), waypoints, fast travel etc, your main quest will always be there, but you can wander off and do other things whenever you like.

The enemies are intelligent and hordes will cut off your escape route in areas forcing you to find different routes for escape

Non linear way to approach objectives, the E3 demo was shown again behind closed doors to press and in it the character took a completely different route through the sawmill to what we saw in the Sony conference

Although it has RPG elements like scavenging, crafting etc, devs have said that it is primarily a run & gun action game, which I guess is like how Assassins Creed and Mad Max have lots of RPG elements but are both primarily action games.

Take, for instance, the hordes of freakers seen in the demo. That horde is unique to Days Gone. It, and the open world nature of the game coupled with Deacon’s bike, are sort of what Bend’s hoping really sets their game apart from other zombie-like experiences. That horde will follow you indefinitely if you keep the right distance between it and yourself. Say you want to take out another human gang’s camp. Have that horde follow you and drag them all the way to your rival’s camp. The horde seeks the bigger target and does your work for you.

-Technobuffalo.com
    I'm going to keep this one on my radar, it has a lot of potential to be fun, I just hope with it being open world that they still manage to tell a decent story with interesting characters.

14. Post
    Looks very last of us esq. Probably on purpose. Im guessing thats their target audience plus zombie fans.

15. Post
    ^ Yeah, with maybe a bit of Dead Rising sprinkled in. I kept wanting to like the Dead Rising games, i just don't; so will keep an eye on this one, see how it pans out.

16. Post
    Cause dead Rising is jokey zombie type game. Dead Rising is to zombies like saints row is to gta

17. Post
    ^ You're right, but i just didn't like the game-play. And that gimped save system they kept insisting on using.

18. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Looked kinda bland tbh. Gun mechanics looked boring to.
    I disagree. Having to manage an unrelenting, fast moving horde should make for highly tense, nerve-wracking experiences.

I don't see tLoU comparisons, there seems to be no having to tippy-toe around Clickers bollocks. I like stealth games but when it's shoe-horned into action games the execution is usually poor and that was definitely the case with tLoU.

19. Post
    Sorry Eva

Another differentiation is that this is a completely open world. While the mission Bend has revealed might look like a beautifully scripted action set piece, it’s actually just a mission in a world that you can approach however you want. Stealth is an option for example, using melee weapons or silencers to dispatch enemies without calling in the horde.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/days-gone-...rything-right/

20. Post
    Oh haha trust Eva to find fault with one of the best last gen games tlou is still better than 99% single player games coming out today

21. Post
    That's fine, it just an option in a title with sandbox gameplay. tLoU's stealth gameplay against zombies are forced segments on an utterly linear rail track.

SirGrim wrote:
    Oh haha trust Eva to find fault with one of the best last gen games tlou is still better than 99% single player games coming out today
    F*cking CoD games like Black Ops 2 have done far more interesting things with narrative structure than tLoU. It's just another railroad game, interactive movie from the current conservative as f*ck incarnation of Naughty Dog. They were a studio not afraid to take risks in the PS2 era, now they're just a shittier Telltale who substitute compelling player-driven storytelling with linear corridor shooting, linear scripted sequences, linear platforming, etc.

22. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

F*cking CoD games like Black Ops 2 have done far more interesting things with narrative structure than tLoU. It's just another railroad game, interactive movie from the current conservative as f*ck incarnation of Naughty Dog. They were a studio not afraid to take risks in the PS2 era, now they're just a shittier Telltale who substitute compelling player-driven storytelling with linear corridor shooting, linear scripted sequences, linear platforming, etc.
    LOL, saying a COD game has better narrative than TLOU, that is the stupidest and also the funniest thing I have ever read. It's ok not to enjoy a game that 90% of people enjoyed, but try not to go full retard with your replies.

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It's just another railroad game, interactive movie from the current conservative as f*ck incarnation of Naughty Dog. They were a studio not afraid to take risks in the PS2 era, now they're just a shittier Telltale who substitute compelling player-driven storytelling with linear corridor shooting, linear scripted sequences, linear platforming, etc.
    Don't play it then. It's still a very popular game so there's gonna be a demand.

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    That's fine, it just an option in a title with sandbox gameplay. tLoU's stealth gameplay against zombies are forced segments on an utterly linear rail track.

Do you read your drivel before your drool it all over the place?
    As usual I expect this is another one of your classic shitting on something you've not bothered to play bowel airings. IF not you still have the problem that you are so reliant on hyperbolic bullshit any salient points you try to make are lost in the rush of fetid hot air you're blowing out as fast as you can manage. This is a shame, because when you take the time to make solid arguments you're probably the most interesting poster in here, but that has become very rare from you. That really is a shame.

If you were actually funny it might work. You're not.

TLoU is one of the best told games ever made. It might not be all that original, but the quality of the content makes up for any lack of originality.

Anyway. I like the look of Days Past. I am hoping the biking aspect is played up as well. I love my bike and anything that tries to embrace that experience gets a thumbs up from me!

25. Post
    I've played all of ND's PS3 games except the tLoU DLC. tLoU is definitely the best of the lot but it's still disposable bargain bin fodder.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk