Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Resident Evil 7 biohazard coming to PS4 with "full VR experience" in January 24th 2017. Apparently the demo will be hitting the PS store for PS+ members later today.

2. Post
    Dont like that its a vr game. could be good tho.

3. Post
    Pre-order now haha

4. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Dont like that its a vr game. could be good tho.
    I think that there is probably just a VR version, surely the vanilla game won't be VR only?

5. Post
    Considering the demo is out today without the VR one would assume not VR only. After last years successful "Kitchen" VR demo Capcom produced I expected this was the direction the next main title was going to go down. The Japanese title is "Bioha7ard resident evil" oddly enough.

6. Post
    They showed first person, so it seemed to fit VR. But will it always be first person? Can you switch? Or does VR force you into first person?... I don't know. Did seem like P.T with first person to start with and after the start it'll go 3rd?.. Guess we'll find out tonight.

7. Post
    See the demo is up on the U.S. Store, only a ps+ member on my NZ profile though, hope we are getting it too

8. Post
    From what I'v been reading, it's like P.T. Hardly RE.

9. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    From what I'v been reading, it's like P.T. Hardly RE.
    Yeah they promised a return to form and horror but while this might be scary, it's certainly not a resident evil game

10. Post
    Demo is meant to be on the NZ Store, only Germany doesn't get it.. Not sure why its not on the store yet.

11. Post
    Yeah there's always some lag before our Store gets updated. Looking forward to playing the demo! Loving the PT vibe.

12. Post
    Resident Evil 7's demo is completely separate from the full game. It even stars a different lead character. Maybe the full game will be third person?

13. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Resident Evil 7's demo is completely separate from the full game. It even stars a different lead character. Maybe the full game will be third person?
    I'd be surprised if they made a 3rd person option, the entire game engine was created for their VR demo "Kitchen" and this game was built around that demo. From what I've read the demo was created to show people what the full game will be like without giving anything away plotwise about the game.

From Capcom
    “We really wanted to focus on what concepts we want the players to understand about the game — with the demo — that’s horror, obviously. So this is kind of like a tonal preview of what to expect in the game rather than an actual little bit of the game content in advance.”

14. Post
    They should have just called it resident evil and done a complete reboot. Its nothing like the previous games. Seeing as It goes back to its survival horror roots.

15. Post
    downloading the demo now

its not in the plus section even on my US account

I had to go to the store and find the E3 2016 pre order section, RE7 is there and then at the bottom of that page there is a link for the demo

16. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    downloading the demo now

its not in the plus section even on my US account

I had to go to the store and find the E3 2016 pre order section, RE7 is there and then at the bottom of that page there is a link for the demo
    you downloading it from the US PSN? It's been out since last night on there and the UK and Aus stores, I just found it by searching demos and then filter by newest

Still can't see it on the NZ store

17. Post
    This is the link to RE7 for NZ Store, here. Goes to an error page atm, I've been checking it now & then to see if its up / if it'll ever come.
    On the PSBlog it only says that its not available in Germany.

Game is first person only, should be good with more action / scary bits not just slow P.T type scares.

18. Post
    Reading a thread on Gamefaqs that someone made about the us not having the RE demo yet. Someone called customer support and "some Scottish bastard on the end of the line had no f***ing clue what RE7 even is", not a good sign.

19. Post

20. Post
    Wouldn't be an RE without puzzles, action, shooting, horror in the rest. Still its first person, its going to be quite different.

21. Post
    Seriously? Pfft. Australia sorted their crap out so it could be put up straight away. Our OFLC is very slow sometimes. I just ended up signing up for the 14 day free trial in the UK because I still have a UK CC, so I'll just cancel it in a week but get to keep the demo. But would have been nice if they said this straight away.

They haven't said anything but the demo was a taster of the atmosphere. Still the final game is going to be all first person. Ironically this was the plan for the original game in 1996, and the choice to go to pre-rendered angles was simply because the console couldn't do decent enough first person that they felt worked at the time. So in a round about way this was always on the cards.

The only other times they've gone first person were the shooter games, Survivor and Dead Aim, although Dead Aim used a mixture of 3rd person camera behind when moving and 1st person while shooting and standing and looking. I think I'd be happier with that than wholly first person, but this is a trend for immersive horror these days and VR especially wouldn't work without this.

22. Post
    “The Resident Evil 7 biohazard ‘Beginning Hour’ demo will be launching across New Zealand on July 13th for PlayStation Plus Subscribers to download. Thank you for your patience” Source

23. Post
    Finally.

24. Post
    Loved the demo, I have pre-ordered the VR headset just to play this! Massive fan of resident evil!