Dear Craft Beer Drinkers

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average.
(5 votes)

1. Post
    Don't mind "Pernicious Weed" but in the UK I frequented

http://www.beavertownbrewery.co.uk/

I know variety is limited in NZ, but boy are their beers good!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Post
    Coffeeshop wrote:
    I had some garage project beer with habanero in it at GABS. I like chilli, and I like beer, but i dont think the 2 need to be mixed. And not after already consuming 10 beers, it gave me a bit of indigestion.
    Was it the Calavera Catrina in the white can?
    I found it too spicy too.

One of my fave beers is their chilli chocolate goodness Day of the Dead.
    Less spicy and one I actually savour.

3. Post
    So I'm 4 beers into my six pack Lakeman sampler. So far its all pretty average. No better, and in some cases worse, than you could get from a cheaper Mac's or Monteith's.

Pro tip guys; a sampler should give you a sample of what you have to offer. Not six beers of roughly all the same style.

4. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    Rex Attitude made me want to vomit.
    Yeah was the same for me, i couldn't even finish it. Everyone said it was terrible, so i just had to try it. If anyone is thinking that way, don't. Just, don't.

MoNk wrote:
    Yeah I love that one too. We chop and change between white and blue. Also the NUI is great.
    Just don't get the low alc one by accident that looks similar.
    The ITI; i like the idea of all these lower alcohol beers, particularly when driving, but despite the brewing process being the same, i just feel like they should be cheaper!

The Tuatara Double Trouble is fantastic. Some of the bottles come with 3D glasses so you can get the full 3D effect when you read the label;
    http://www.tuatarabrewing.co.nz/beer/double-trouble/

ChairmanDrew wrote:
    That's another fave of mine. If you can find the Festive IPA (Belgian), get it. One of the best beers I've tasted.
    Sweet, thanks. Will grab it if i see it around.

ChairmanDrew wrote:
    So I'm 4 beers into my six pack Lakeman sampler. So far its all pretty average. No better, and in some cases worse, than you could get from a cheaper Mac's or Monteith's.

Pro tip guys; a sampler should give you a sample of what you have to offer. Not six beers of roughly all the same style.
    Yeah, i didn't want to give you any preconceptions about these Lakeman brews, but i feel the same way. Nice enough, just nothing special.

5. Post
    Craft beer is a lot like Tool. Its not the product, its the fans that ruin it

6. Post
    It is true. Gar is the worst.

7. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Craft beer is a lot like Tool. Its not the product, its the fans that ruin it
    So much this

8. Post
    ^ Can definitely relate to these sentiments. I like craft beer, but i'm not interested in the likes of Beervana and that kind of thing - they just seem to be big "how cultured are we?" wank-fests. But i do prefer quality over quantity, which is also better for you in the long run.

Whilst drinking craft beer since before it was cool has made a lot of the more mainstream mass-produced drops taste bland in comparison, i am still partial to the likes of Corona, Asahi, Peroni, etc - all the really crisp, refreshing lagers. And i still love my Hoegaarden and Guinness, which are as mainstream as you can get.

I don't think there's any need for elitism; we're all different, and whatever someone likes, regardless of whether I like it or not, is okay with me.

9. Post
    I drink Stella Artois and Corona after work every friday

because my colleagues won't buy anything better

10. Post
    Some of the best I've ever tried, hit them up if you go to Brisbane

http://www.bacchusbrewing.com.au/collections

11. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    ^ Can definitely relate to these sentiments. I like craft beer, but i'm not interested in the likes of Beervana and that kind of thing - they just seem to be big "how cultured are we?" wank-fests. But i do prefer quality over quantity, which is also better for you in the long run.

Whilst drinking craft beer since before it was cool has made a lot of the more mainstream mass-produced drops taste bland in comparison, i am still partial to the likes of Corona, Asahi, Peroni, etc - all the really crisp, refreshing lagers. And i still love my Hoegaarden and Guinness, which are as mainstream as you can get.

I don't think there's any need for elitism; we're all different, and whatever someone likes, regardless of whether I like it or not, is okay with me.

Beervana is awesome if you like excellent beer and food. Personally I find that very Kiwi tendency to cringe away from things that might seem a bit niche or hipster or something to be at least as annoying as out and out elitism.

12. Post
    Or you just don't want to wait in a line all day behind other neckbeards to get a sampler of a beer you can buy in a store

13. Post
    anyone with a bit of self awareness "cringes" away at these sorts of circle jerks. the worst thing though is the attitudes, behaviour and style that ppl adopt once they "become something". whether it's beer elitists, goths, movie buffs, gamers, cafe going hipsters and their shitty clothes, mannerisms and moustaches that don't look good on them.

14. Post
    same reason I don't go to festivals, night clubs, sports games.. I don't like being surrounded by too many people who are into the same things as me

15. Post
    You could just follow the Epic Beers up the chain. Epic's Armageddon wins awards every year for a reason.

16. Post
    Picked up one of my favourites tonight, Liberty Brewing Sauvin Bomb.

17. Post
    Name:  IMG-20160622-WA0006[1].jpeg
Views: 327
Size:  921.1 KB

Selection for tonight.

18. Post
    Throw that Townshends out, ill almost guarantee you picked it up on sale as its being dumped everywhere...

the two main ingredients are vinegar and baking soda

19. Post
    Groowee wrote:
    anyone with a bit of self awareness "cringes" away at these sorts of circle jerks. the worst thing though is the attitudes, behaviour and style that ppl adopt once they "become something". whether it's beer elitists, goths, movie buffs, gamers, cafe going hipsters and their shitty clothes, mannerisms and moustaches that don't look good on them.
    Oh look there's a rap song all about your opinion

20. Post
    xxdaxxbombxx wrote:
    Throw that Townshends out, ill almost guarantee you picked it up on sale as its being dumped everywhere...
    I did, although only reduced by a dollar or two. Don't think I've ever had a Townshend's, is it really that bad?

21. Post
    Kid6o6 wrote:
    Oh look there's a rap song all about your opinion
    lol

22. Post
    xxdaxxbombxx wrote:

lol
    He took out best brewery by SOBA recently didn't he?

23. Post
    xxdaxxbombxx wrote:

Agree, I've had a few bottles recently and they've been shit - I can, and do, make better myself

24. Post
    The Townshend Bandsman is the only beer I've gone back up to the bar to tell them it's rubbish.
    Apparently I wasn't the first one that evening.

Volstead replaced it free of charge too

25. Post
    My general experience with craft beer is tasting it, and immediately wishing I ordered a TUI. But I continue incase the next one is delicious.