Dear Craft Beer Drinkers

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average.
(5 votes)
Results 1,726 to 1,733 of 1733

1. Post
    Going to GABS in Brisbane this Saturday so I'll report back.

2. Post
    From memory Little Creatures pale ale is solid, but wasn't big on the IPA. Haven't tried anything else.

My brief experience with Aussie craft brews is that they are good, but from what I understand subject to high taxes and have a hard time getting a foothold in the market, so a bit limited.

3. Post
    ChairmanDrew wrote:
    My brief experience with Aussie craft brews is that they are good, but from what I understand subject to high taxes and have a hard time getting a foothold in the market, so a bit limited.
    Nah it's sweet as, just not as mainstream so you have to know where to look.

4. Post
    I only know Moondog and their ridiculous stouts they do

5. Post
    GaR wrote:
    There are plenty of excellent Aussie brewers. Their good stuff gets snapped up by the local market though, so very little of it makes its way here.
    Why aren't they falling over themselves to make more of it if they can sell it so easily?

I still grab a 6 pack of BRB for $12 at the supermarket after glancing at the mental prices of the more interesting stuff in the opposite aisle. I'm cloistered by my beer ignorance.

6. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Why aren't they falling over themselves to make more of it if they can sell it so easily
    Expansion issues

7. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Why aren't they falling over themselves to make more of it if they can sell it so easily?

I still grab a 6 pack of BRB for $12 at the supermarket after glancing at the mental prices of the more interesting stuff in the opposite aisle. I'm cloistered by my beer ignorance.
    A lot of them are making an effort. Alcohol excise in Australia is problematic for small brewers.

8. Post
    Australian beer is cheaper in NZ than it is in Australia.

We had a big discussion with one of the marketing guys at Pirate Life in Adelaide a couple of years ago. Said when he saw their products in NZ, he couldn't believe how cheap it was haha.

Australia have some very strong breweries, but I believe because we have an hugely saturated market, it's easier to get NZ beer on NZ shelves.