Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Is he wearing a Mongrel Mob vest in that screenshot under the headline?

2. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    To me, complaining about another zombie game is like complaining about another game where you use guns in a first person perspective.
    To me, I don't think it's an accurate comparison to take a game mechanic and compare it to a story trope.

3. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Yup. Story driven open world single player. Thank Christ!
    100% in, in this case - my primary worry is that it ends up some arcadey shitfest like Dead Island, Dead Rising or Dying Light with lightning swords, shockingly bad gunplay and terrible, terrible writing. If this is more like GTA with zombies then I am in, balls deep

That said, the gameplay they showed was pretty meh. I liked the feel of it right up until the zombie horde came into the picture and then it just turned into a really weird scripted event, but I guess that's too be expected so early on

4. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    100% in, in this case - my primary worry is that it ends up some arcadey shitfest like Dead Island, Dead Rising or Dying Light with lightning swords, shockingly bad gunplay and terrible, terrible writing. If this is more like GTA with zombies then I am in, balls deep

That said, the gameplay they showed was pretty meh. I liked the feel of it right up until the zombie horde came into the picture and then it just turned into a really weird scripted event, but I guess that's too be expected so early on
    Except it wasn't scripted. The horde was tracking the guy. Now he had a path he practiced in a zone they set up for demo purposes and mentioned how he nearly ballsed it up in a couple of interviews later. but there aint no scripting in there... or at least very little.

5. Post
    I meant more that it looked like that sort of thing, I'd almost prefer it if it were fully scripted there because that just looked so rough as to leave a bit of a shitty taste in my mouth

6. Post
    Im Zombied out the game also gets just a meh from me as does Dead Rising 4.

7. Post
    Dead Rising gets a pass from me still because its a very lighthearted just having some fun sorta tone, the main appeal is the crazy weapons you can create and enjoyable co-op.

Everything else, especially 'post-apocalyptic/zombie outbreak/whatever survival games' gets an instant zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz from me.

Zombies have long overstayed their welcome, loooong been bored of this crap.

The age of Dinosaurs must return!!!

8. Post
    Okay, watched the video, why does he constantly turn around to shoot, why does he climb up, why does he run in circles. None of these things are things any rational mind would do in this game. At first I thought he was doing some sort area clearing, like he had to kill a number of spawns to unlock the area, but then the end,..

My mind goes, trigger NPC event, run to bike, throw mollies, get out of dodge. Now if you track it back my version takes less than 60 secs. Its not a gameplay video if no one would ever play that way.

9. Post
    Rii wrote:
    To me, I don't think it's an accurate comparison to take a game mechanic and compare it to a story trope.
    I disagree. Both mean very little in of themselves. Its what you do with them that counts.

10. Post
    I like the bike aspect, and having a zombie game that's actually a finished product would be nice.