1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Hell, the Warcraft movie has done wonders for my motivation to play WoW again. According to my friends list I'm not the only one too.

3. Post
    Are garrisons in or out?

4. Post
    I might take some leave this time. I've never taken time off work for a game release before.

5. Post
    han16 wrote:
    Hell, the Warcraft movie has done wonders for my motivation to play WoW again. According to my friends list I'm not the only one too.
    Yeah I wanted to go play WoW again after the movie. Have managed to resist so far!

6. Post
    when is legion out?

7. Post
    I've gone back to WoW for every expansion to pretty much leave within weeks.

This time round and yes even after watching the movie i have no motivation to play Legion. Maybe if they bring out official Legacy servers.

Wish they would bring out a classic Warcraft RTS again with new story and cutscenes. Warcraft 4. do iiiiiit.

8. Post

Garrisons

Bt wrote:
    Are garrisons in or out?
    They're out. However, there's a new system in your class hall (which is like a garrison, but all other characters of that class - like Paladins, for example - access the same, shared hall) which is pretty similar. You can spend resources, for example, to earn buffs (like improved upgrade rates and so on, which are similar to building buffs provided by garrisons) and you can recruit a much fewer number of followers to send on missions.

- - - Updated - - -

SirGrim wrote:
    when is legion out?
    August 30th

9. Post
    Phantom wrote:
    They're out. However, there's a new system in your class hall (which is like a garrison, but all other characters of that class - like Paladins, for example - access the same, shared hall) which is pretty similar. You can spend resources, for example, to earn buffs (like improved upgrade rates and so on, which are similar to building buffs provided by garrisons) and you can recruit a much fewer number of followers to send on missions.
    That's disappointing. I want epic main cities back... would be nice if the class halls were located in the main city and not instanced.

10. Post
    Bt wrote:
    That's disappointing. I want epic main cities back... would be nice if the class halls were located in the main city and not instanced.
    I doubt you'll hang out there much; if Beta's anything to go by, Dalaran is where people will be and - given it's both factions - the place is heaving all the time. It's got a real old-school feel about it, and that "busy city" aspect is very much a part of that.

But yeah, aside from modding your weapon and checking your missions, there's no real reason to go to class halls (yet - disclaimer: I'm only 102!!)

11. Post
    Hopefully they'll make them a bit less dumb but yeah also a bit disappointed by it

At least we'll be back in Dalaran, so much better than the shitty cities we got in WoD and MoP

12. Post
    calling it now:

3 new raid zones overall.
    10 linear dungeons that people will only play few times, mainly to gear.
    PvP band aid patches.
    New expansion gets announced, probably Arthas's turn to come back.
    No new content for 12months+ until the new expansion hits.

13. Post
    Did someone say Ashes of Al'ar?

14. Post
    Phantom wrote:
    I doubt you'll hang out there much; if Beta's anything to go by, Dalaran is where people will be and - given it's both factions - the place is heaving all the time. It's got a real old-school feel about it, and that "busy city" aspect is very much a part of that.

But yeah, aside from modding your weapon and checking your missions, there's no real reason to go to class halls (yet - disclaimer: I'm only 102!!)
    Sounds good! Can't wait to try it out with the wife (she only plays WoW and Diablo 3).

15. Post
    serious>klown wrote:
    calling it now:

3 new raid zones overall.
    10 linear dungeons that people will only play few times, mainly to gear.
    PvP band aid patches.
    New expansion gets announced, probably Arthas's turn to come back.
    No new content for 12months+ until the new expansion hits.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same...

16. Post
    My experience in beta so far.

PvP is a joke right now, numbers aren't tuned and devs aren't responding. Tanks are blowing people up in 2 seconds flat... Demon Hunter, although strong has some piss poor survivability, relying on leech to stay alive, which is pointless if you're being kited or CC'd (can't exactly heal up if you aren't hitting anyone)

PvE is solid, the dungeons are fantastic, raids are awesome and the new world-map objectives keep things fresh. They promised to keep dungeons relevant throughout the entire expansion, so who knows what they have planned. The new "random roll" mechanic for dungeons is pretty cool, taken straight out of Diablo's rift mechanics (dungeon mobs/bosses will always be different) for example: mobs always crit, mobs have extra health, etc.

World Map objectives are awesome, each zone has objectives on the map, some require multiple people, this means you won't be afking in Dalaran while queued for content. The map objectives can give you gear, artifact power for your weapon, etc.

Art is amazing, as usual... some good graphical changes.

Legion will be good, much better than WoD if beta is anything to go by... the also said they want to pace the content patches better so we're not stuck in a 14 month drought, mind you, they said that about WoD after the SoO fiasco.

lolblizz.

17. Post
    I kinda feel like they're taking loot too far down the RNG diablo-alike rabbit hole, along with further shitting all over the idea of "legendary" loot

Makes me sad

18. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    I kinda feel like they're taking loot too far down the RNG diablo-alike rabbit hole, along with further shitting all over the idea of "legendary" loot

Makes me sad
    What is the new loot system?

19. Post
    It's RNG but prevents duplicates I think, and has a bad-luck protection according to Blizz

20. Post
    Random boss properties sound kinda weird, I guess that would keep things fresh but seems like it would take away the unique flavour a bit.