Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	356B43C4-90E2-4A05-949F-877DC12ADA6A.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	224670

Much like choosing Trump, the people are realising what a stupid mistake they made.

2. Post
    FML living in Brexico is pretty buzzy. I'm fairly sure these cowboys will end up with their third general election in 4 years based on Corboz vote of no confidence tomorrow. GG reversing out of Brexit!

3. Post
    May has really gone and buggered up her term as PM. I don't think this was the legacy she'd have been hoping for.

4. Post
    Theresa May just like every other blue blooded wench is a fuking idiot... The majority population didn't want Brexit in the first place. This is a prime example of why voting should be mandatory.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 16th January 2019 at 5:01 pm.

5. Post
    It's a prime example of what happens when you decide something important by a simple majority.

It's Cameron's fault that it wasn't required to be at least 60/40.

6. Post
    It may well bet partially David Cameron's fault, but May has also been responsible for not seeking some kind of way to defuse the situation. I mean its fine by me being pro Labour... But May is going to sleep walk the Tories into an election wipe out by not listening to the people who wanted a second referendum....

Oh well... the right shall wipe themselves out by following Australia's lead about offshore processing. Conveniently Scott Morrison is also about to obliterate the Tories in Australia for at least the next two election cycles. They may learn to return somewhere near to the centre once they lose as hard as they will.

7. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    It's a prime example of what happens when you decide something important by a simple majority.

It's Cameron's fault that it wasn't required to be at least 60/40.
    Roumelio wrote:
    Theresa May just like every other blue blooded wench is a fuking idiot... The majority population didn't want Brexit in the first place. This is a prime example of why voting should be mandatory.
    gneiss wrote:

Name:	356B43C4-90E2-4A05-949F-877DC12ADA6A.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	224670

Much like choosing Trump, the people are realising what a stupid mistake they made.

> i didn't like the outcome therefore it is stupid and unfair

hopefully eu tell uk to shove it and this vote against the deal means there just straight up is no deal when they leave eu

8. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    It may well bet partially David Cameron's fault, but May has also been responsible for not seeking some kind of way to defuse the situation. I mean its fine by me being pro Labour... But May is going to sleep walk the Tories into an election wipe out by not listening to the people who wanted a second referendum....

Oh well... the right shall wipe themselves out by following Australia's lead about offshore processing. Conveniently Scott Morrison is also about to obliterate the Tories in Australia for at least the next two election cycles. They may learn to return somewhere near to the centre once they lose as hard as they will.
    Why should they have another referendum? They had one and the people voted to leave.

9. Post
    Abo wrote:
    > i didn't like the outcome therefore it is stupid and unfair

hopefully eu tell uk to shove it and this vote against the deal means there just straight up is no deal when they leave eu
    I’ve got no sour grapes in this. The public weren’t educated, they guys who led it all left when it actually went through because they had no plan and couldn’t believe it got voted for. It was one of the worst hospital passes in the history of hospital passes for May. It was a stupid idea without a detailed plan, and they just left her to it.

10. Post
    Brexit is nothing short of a catastrophe. These ten weeks will shoot by, May will be out, I highly doubt a deal will be brokered, and there definitely won't be a second referendum. What a bloody mess.

11. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    I’ve got no sour grapes in this. The public weren’t educated, they guys who led it all left when it actually went through because they had no plan and couldn’t believe it got voted for. It was one of the worst hospital passes in the history of hospital passes for May. It was a stupid idea without a detailed plan, and they just left her to it.
    Farage had a plan... He's been trying to destroy the EU or get Britain to leave for many a year now... He achieved that goal. I suspect if the UKIP idiots need a face again he'll answer the call. He's like the Pauline Hanson of British politics, he always comes back, he's just slightly more successful.

The deal with Brexit in the first place is the majority in the UK never thought it would go through hence they didn't vote. This was especially the case among young people in England in general and Londoners, Scotland voted to stay as did Northern Ireland only Wales voted to leave by a small majority. The majority of the Brexit vote came from the countryside outside of London. The uneducated, and farmers... The people who would rather shoot themselves in the foot with a high powered rifle and deal with the consequences later...

There will be consequences everywhere when the value of the British pound goes down even further and the price of everything goes up. Its counterfactual to believe "dey terk err jerbs..." The types of Eastern Europeans that migrate to the UK are the types willing to do just about anything, so unless you want to get a toilet brush and start cleaning, sweep streets or pick up rubbish then you really need to think about that...

The thing about Pakastani migrants being terrorists and sharia law and migrant populations moving in and changing the language in the area has some truth in it. If you go through Kensington, Hammersmith, Fulham, Vauxhall and Putney you will here a shit tonne of Australian/New Zealand accents messing up the place for example, but its not nearly the problem that its made out to be. There's about 180thousand or so of us over there knocking about... Its kind of ridiculous... when I was last over there in Europe I couldn't wait to get out of the place but its understandable some people need something familiar. I couldn't think of something worse than flying half way around the world to live with the same people I live with every day.

12. Post

13. Post
    I would honestly be so shocked if this actually happens but also It's kind of strange that it's gotten this far.

14. Post
    From a pretty euro-friendly perspective (it is the Guardian after all) - https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...eat-may-errors but that's a nice summary piece on the whole shebang.

15. Post

Name:	lVTP7OJ.gif 
Views:	31 
Size:	315.6 KB 
ID:	224707

16. Post
    ^Ill see your amusing Brexit gif and raise you this

Name:	757CC5DF-D72F-4163-A499-B947954C4E4F.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	224712

17. Post
    No renegotiation - https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12198561 - Sux to be her!

18. Post
    I live in the UK, and I genuinely don't understand the whole thing anymore.
    I voted Remain, and whilst I wasn't happy with the result, I accepted it, based on the fact that the Leave campaign had been blowing the trumpet that we'd get a free trade deal with the EU, that 'the EU needs us more than we need them', that supposedly 350m a week will go back to the NHS.
    If all of the above happened, then I'd be fine overall as it is democracy, and that is, what I thought, people were voting on (along with no free movement etc). Not great but fair enough.
    But now, all this talk of no deal, or a shit deal, imo is not what the people voted for and it's better off to stay in as I haven't seen any evidence to suggest we'd be better off - the argument of 'but we're British and won't be bullied' is 1) not an argument, and 2) now proved to be incorrect. At least the EU have been consistent, unlike UK cabinet or the government, who after two years still can't decide what they want.

The saddest thing is people who voted leave still not getting it. I read an article yesterday about a 62yo woman who lives in Spain who voted leave, and is now worried her state pension will be taken off her (which is what the EU/Remain campaign said could happen) and will now be forced to go back to the UK if she wanted to claim it. Another guy who is a fisherman up in Scotland who voted leave and despite the fact he acknowledges his business might go under if the EU forces tariffs on his fish, he apparently would rather 'have his sovereignty' and that his 'son is smart enough that even though he has only ever known how to fish, will come up with something better'. And other people who don't care if their house value drops 30%, again because they'd 'rather have sovereignty'. I can guarantee if your house value goes down that much and you still have a mortgage, you'll care about it when the bank won't update your mortgage.

Maybe it's an old British empire thing, I dunno, but it's more worrying that people are willing to reduce their economic wellbeing, for a false sense of sovereignty, and a blue passport. The EU is flawed definitely, but every organisation is, but after two years no one has been presented a viable alternative, and Article 50 should never have been triggered without a plan. It was triggered based on British arrogance that 'life was better in the 1970's' and 'we don't need them' mentality.

Thank god I have an EU and a NZ passport.

19. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Why should they have another referendum? They had one and the people voted to leave.
    Agree that there shouldn't be a referendum as it'll be a shitshow, but the argument is that 2 years ago what the Leave campaign promised (free trade deals, 350m to the NHS etc) hasn't happened, not even close. It was meant to be the easiest trade deal in history according to Liam Fox, and that by this point we'd have 40 trade deals. We haven't really gotten any, no one is really queueing up (why would they?) and 40 days out it looks like the only deal on offer is a terrible deal, or no deal.

20. Post
    Spaniard wrote:
    Agree that there shouldn't be a referendum as it'll be a shitshow, but the argument is that 2 years ago what the Leave campaign promised (free trade deals, 350m to the NHS etc) hasn't happened, not even close. It was meant to be the easiest trade deal in history according to Liam Fox, and that by this point we'd have 40 trade deals. We haven't really gotten any, no one is really queueing up (why would they?) and 40 days out it looks like the only deal on offer is a terrible deal, or no deal.
    They are not allowed to sign up to any other trading deals while they are still in the EU trading bloc.

21. Post
    They should absolutely have another referendum because afterward the first one it became very obvious what a bad idea it was when people attached started to resign and that they had no proper plan in place.

Like what is the argument to not having another vote? undermining democracy? but didn't the original vote already do that by one side being a complete fabrication and tricking people to vote for it?

I still don't think it'll happen just because it's so absurd but then again the absurd is usually what happens so there's that.

22. Post
    I don't see it as any different from general election where neither major party can form a stable government.

When it's obvious it's not going to work for whatever reason, the politicians kick it into touch and send it back to the voters for a clear mandate.

It's what persuades minor parties not to rock the boat too much, or they get voted into oblivion for making us go through the whole process again.

Persevering with the current situation in the UK is just ludicrous, they deserve whatever dire consequences follow from it.

23. Post
    Spaniard wrote:
    Maybe it's an old British empire thing, I dunno, but it's more worrying that people are willing to reduce their economic wellbeing, for a false sense of sovereignty, and a blue passport.
    I believe it's this underlying sentiment that things are going to crap tbh. I don't think many can put their finger on it, so it comes out in odd ways. One way is to try and go back to the "golden age" through nationalism. Wages are only just recovering from the GFC, and all the talk is of another recession inbound (we are overdue). Wealth inequality has reached an all time high. The weather and climate have started going batshit crazy. A refugee crisis that's upsetting the cultural balance, and that will only get worse with climate change.

24. Post
    The sooner March 29th comes, the better.

25. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    They should absolutely have another referendum because afterward the first one it became very obvious what a bad idea it was when people attached started to resign and that they had no proper plan in place.

Like what is the argument to not having another vote? undermining democracy? but didn't the original vote already do that by one side being a complete fabrication and tricking people to vote for it?

I still don't think it'll happen just because it's so absurd but then again the absurd is usually what happens so there's that.

and then after that, IF brexit wins the referendum, shall we have have another? until we get a result you like? bottom line is they had a referendum, more people wanted out, that's what they deserve. not this circus where the MPs are getting in the way of democracy. what is this? acting like china or north korea is fashionable nowadays?

PS. i want a do-over on our last election, and i want to keep having it until jacinda is not PM.
    PPS. jking, i believe in living in free society, if jacinda got enough votes (and the votes from other parties they have allied up with), i will sit quietly until the next election and try again then. if she wins again, i will be the minority supporting national and i will let the majority rule. not whine about how its unfair or make up stories of how people didn't know what they were voting for, or telling people they voted but now "the people are realising what a stupid mistake they made" etc etc. at the end of the day, different people want different things and have different opinions. just accept it and let democracy do its thing and stop complaining.