1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I wonder if this will work on the remastered Skyrim on console

3. Post
    MockStar wrote:
    I wonder if this will work on the remastered Skyrim on console
    No it wont. Total conversions arent mods that inject smaller files to change part of an existing game. They usually have dozens if not hundreds of files that overwrite or inject into install directory and most require custom install paths in order to run. Something that neither console can/will allow currently. This wont be on console... at least not for a long while if they do manage it.

If you want mods, get the platform that actually supports them, not one that allows some mods in certain circumstances with severe limitations.

I am curious about how many console players actually think now that mod support is actually a thing now due to the limited implementation that been added recently.

I will say though that the XBO is a lot closer to it than the PS4 is and by a massive margin.

4. Post
    Does anyone recommend Nehrim: At Fate's Edge?

Thinking about playing the new mod but want to start at Nehrim first if good

5. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Grrr. Me hatey console. Core smash.
    Seems like an overreaction to me. Core again maybe?

6. Post
    Coward wrote:
    Seems like an overreaction to me. Core again maybe?
    Not at all, mods are limited to 900MB on PS4 and 2GB on XO, that isn't enough to do anything much in the way of overhauling the game itself. Also, the PS4 doesn't even have support for custom sound files, if I'm reading the article correctly.

7. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Not at all, mods are limited to 900MB on PS4 and 2GB on XO, that isn't enough to do anything much in the way of overhauling the game itself. Also, the PS4 doesn't even have support for custom sound files, if I'm reading the article correctly.
    I'm assuming you refer to Fallout (tbh i don't know any other console games that have mods) but they are working with sony/micosoft to try increase the size. Just happens to be easier on XBO then PS4. Give it a couple years maybe us console peasants will be able to get mods like this.

8. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Oh, I completely agree that the platforms are limited in their ability to provide a decent mod, but you can't blame the console owners for hoping, and Chris' response was more targeted at said owners.