antidepressants

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2104

1. Post
    Imagine being a kid and having all this shit thrown in your face, it's going to mess up entire generations

2. Smile
    Never mind.
    Last edited by Magic Robertson; 4th September 2019 at 6:16 pm.

3. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    hard to explain but because they were...overwhelming? i'd start crying for no reason at all or get angry/frustrated over nothing. like I said hard to explain but emotions were unstable and pinging all over the place
    true, I get where you're coming from.. for me I'd be just be a bit worried part of me is trying to communicate it needs something and rather than trying to decode the signal,I just want to just turn off the noise.

probably different situations though

4. Post
    For what it's worth, I still break down into tears when I read or hear some horrible state of this world story or reflect on how badly I've ****ed up my own life. I've always considered it being human though, and it being a reminder to be a better one.

Has anyone here dealt with a psychoanalyst before jumping straight into medication? Likewise with CBT or mammoth doses of hallucinogens in solitude?
    I can see the appeal of shutting off the emotion switch. But emotional stress or trauma doesn't simply just go away. You've carried it for a reason and it will be there when the chemical loses its efficacy.

Maybe I'm just idealistic.

5. Post
    I've tried everything short of strong hallucinogens. Every herb and supplement from racetams to CBD oil. Thousands on therapy. Years of gym and exercise.

I've opted to medicate after 10 years of trying the natural way. It's got its downsides but at least I can get on with my life. (panic disorder and GAD). My brain chemistry must have been out of kilter.

6. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    I've tried everything short of strong hallucinogens. Every herb and supplement from racetams to CBD oil. Thousands on therapy. Years of gym and exercise.

I've opted to medicate after 10 years of trying the natural way. It's got its downsides but at least I can get on with my life. (panic disorder and GAD). My brain chemistry must have been out of kilter.
    did you ever try testosterone?

7. Post
    Sorry to be insensitive, but I'm genuinely interested to see if you tried long term practice of meditation or giving up late nights, gaming and all sources of refined sugar, caffeine, nicotine and alcohol?

8. Post
    Well the interesting thing is, my gaming was a coping mechanism. As soon the medication started working I haven't played a video game in over 8 months now.

9. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    did you ever try testosterone?
    I did get tested for test and I was on the lower end of the scale but still within a normal range. My gp was unwilling to do anything further. I'm not sure how else I could get access to test so I gave up.

10. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    I did get tested for test and I was on the lower end of the scale but still within a normal range. My gp was unwilling to do anything further. I'm not sure how else I could get access to test so I gave up.
    Is testosterone a suggested therapy? I'm in a similar boat to you bleach as far as conditions go and gaming has also always been my primary coping mechanism.

How was cbd oil and how did you get it in NZ?

11. Post
    Kid6o6 wrote:
    How was cbd oil and how did you get it in NZ?
    I too would like to know this.

Not for me, but for my aging Mother-in-law, who has dementia and essential tremor. At Christmas, we tried a home remedy, where we got an ounce, put it in a slow cooker for 12 hours or so with some coconut oil. Put the oil on a tray and let it cool until solid, then cut it into squares.

MIL, who is 85, had a square. Literally within a minute, the shaking of her stands stopped, and she became much more onto it. As it progressed, she became high as a goddamn kite, so even though we were told that it was a specific strain that had been cultivated for CBD oil, with no THC, we suspect that that was either bullshit, or that there were still traces of THC in it.

So yeah, we think the CBD oil would really help her, but of course we have politicians who are too pussy to make it a legal option. Unless it is a legal option now, we just have to find a doc who will prescribe it.

As an aside, the cookies we baked with the remaining coconut oil made for some fun evenings

12. Post
    Wow I didn't know you were an endocrinologist SirGrim

13. Post
    ^ Hey, he's also a qualified mechanic!!! - c**t is very multi-talented

14. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Observer bias, I reckon it's just more visible than previously, I'm not sure that rates have really increased significantly
    I think if you look at holistic remedies for depression and anxiety (things like diet, group bonding, physical exertion), and look at how society has changed, it's not so hard to connect the dots.

That's not to say there wasn't a baseline of people with mental health issues in the past though.

15. Post
    Read Lost Connections.. seriously guys.

16. Post
    If you have reached a level of meditation where you can see the DOS/BIOS from the windows XP, then hormones will show you how the rage/fire/heart/ball of energy in your chest plugs into the computer.

17. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    If you have reached a level of meditation where you can see the DOS/BIOS from the windows XP, then hormones will show you how the rage/fire/heart/ball of energy in your chest plugs into the computer.
    just how many drugs did you take in China?

18. Post
    didn't take any

19. Post
    CBD distilate >isolate. Or so the hippies say. Something something terpenes act as carriers for cannabinoids. So, pure CBD is poorly absorbed.

Buy it by the gram for like 20USD.

Google Reddit CBD and their wiki has links to suppliers.

Personally I think it had no effect on me other than placebo. But I know of people who've come off all meds and just use CBD.

I'm 8 months sober now. The successes I've had and ability to make my own choices have given me the sense of control of life I was lacking.

I'm still on 5 medications. 2 antidepressants 2 antipsychotics and a mood stabilizer. Stopped naltrexone an anti drinking med yesterday. Best nights sleep in half a year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

20. Post
    I think I got some spare CBD oil if anyone wants it. I didn't do anything as far as I could tell. It's expensive and pretty hard to get.

21. Post
    i just realised that my brain keeps showing me unsolicited slow mo replays of every negative experience I had throughout my life. big pharma should make a drug to stop that as it probably takes up a lot of my RAM and CPU tbh. shoutout computer nerds.

22. Post
    if you don't have good dreams -> LMT

23. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    i just realised that my brain keeps showing me unsolicited slow mo replays of every negative experience I had throughout my life. big pharma should make a drug to stop that as it probably takes up a lot of my RAM and CPU tbh. shoutout computer nerds.
    #spicymemories

24. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    if your unconscious is bugging you, then you are probably doing or not doing something to bug it.

25. Post
    tru but my subconscious is more of a domconscious