1. Post
    Boreas wrote:
    CK if only you had invested in a Sealy Posturepedic
    Sleepyhead ftw

https://www.farmers.co.nz/brands/sle...a-bed-6341733A

This mattress is amazing

2. Post
    Revias wrote:
    The only freaking thing that helped was exercise ...
    If ever there's a magic potion for not feeling shit it's probably exercise. You just have to force yourself to do it sometimes.

Revias wrote:
    cigarettes ... the prices are skyrocketing. It seems to be a huge money maker for for these ignorant, completely selfish greedy bastards we call heads of state.
    They use that money to pay for education and healthcare (and less glamorously superannuation), it's not a big scam to make a politician rich. If they're too expensive then don't buy them and switch to an alternative.

I know it's not easy to just quit smoking but now days you can get e-cigs and patches and gum and all kinds of shit. I would recommend switching to an e-cig so you can spend $1 a day instead of $20 while you decide if you want quit completely. The best part is you can smoke while you're in bed.

I enjoy huffing away on my ecig and while I know I'd be slightly better off if I didn't, I've been roundly assured by several doctors that it's magnitudes better than smoking cigarettes, which is what I was doing before.

Revias wrote:
    while I suppose in the USA it's much easier to survive if you have both addictions as alcohol and cigarettes are cheaper
    Another way of looking at it is that you would be worse off if it were cheaper because you'd be less likely to come to the conclusion that it's unsustainable.
    You should try talking to a GP about it, they can prescribe all kinds of shit that can fill the gap. That would be my main advice.

Revias wrote:
    The only hope now into the future is that there is a better understanding surrounding stigmas as I bet if they had said addictions, and mental illness, they would change their tune as they are ruining a lot of lives due to only knowing the effects of the addictions, and not experiencing said drugs yourself, you guys can't talk really.
    Auckland's version of trying to un-ruin lives is here: http://www.cads.org.nz/
    If you're really ****ed they do medical detox and for more long term help they do counseling stuff.

If you're not immediately about to die then the first place to go is a GP. Most people think of them as someone you see when you have a sinus infection but they also do solid basic mental health and addiction treatment and they can either treat you themselves or make a recommendation.
    Last edited by Quasi ELVIS; 13th June 2018 at 6:13 am.

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Sleepyhead ftw

https://www.farmers.co.nz/brands/sle...a-bed-6341733A

This mattress is amazing
    Those things are like the walls of a music studio. Jumping on them is like falling into a marshmallow.

I'd like one but it'll be a cold day in hell when I pay $10k for a mattress.

4. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Those things are like the walls of a music studio. Jumping on them is like falling into a marshmallow.

I'd like one but it'll be a cold day in hell when I pay $10k for a mattress.
    It’s 4.5k regardless of size for that model I’ve had mine for a little while now but still every night I get so much pleasure climbing into bed, it’s so soft and firm at the same time

5. Post
    garlin wrote:
    Iherb does melatonin, for a fraction of the price of a prescription here.

It is legal to own melatonin, to import melatonin, but not to sell melatonin in NZ. Don't stress it, import away
    Melatonin is still illegal to import as a prescription medication. The fact they're not going to bother training dogs to detect it (or follow up even if it is detected) doesn't mean it's legal.

I'm not a lawyer though, correct me if I'm wrong
    Last edited by Boreas; 14th June 2018 at 7:22 am. Reason: Accidentally a word

6. Post
    Boreas wrote:
    Melatonin is still illegal to import as a prescription medication. The fact they're not going to bother training dogs to detect it (or follow up even if it detected) doesn't mean it's legal.

I'm not a lawyer though, correct me if I'm wrong
    I'm not a lawyer either but that's also my understanding. They don't really give a shit unless it's a commercial quantity.

7. Post
    Just an update on my situation: Buspar seems to have done the trick. Side effects minimal now and seems super clean. It doesn't eliminate anxiety completely but takes the edge off it and allows me to get on with it.

Provided I take it with food, I avoid 95% of the side effects.

Might be worth considering for those who don't want to touch SSRI's/Benzo's.