1. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Meh. Am not excite.
    This x100. If it didnt lead up to IW4 I doubt that many people would even be interested.

She seems more like an average chick than an actual superhero.

2. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    This x100. If it didnt lead up to IW4 I doubt that many people would even be interested.

She seems more like an average chick than an actual superhero.
    "many people"?

It will still out-gross any movie it comes up against.

I smell an avatar bet coming on....

Name:  discord_emoji___thinking_by_crimsonwarrior495-db3mnpk.png
Views: 201
Size:  2.6 KB
    Last edited by jords; 19th September 2018 at 1:25 pm.

3. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dIvTNvIHQqQse9agQMboRDbXdONRLidF9V58rsT2WgA.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	223317

4. Post
    They should've photoshopped some hips & ass onto her lol. She looks like a young boy from the waist down lol

jords wrote:
    "many people"?
    I meant relatively speaking compared to other Marvel movies

5. Post
    Not to sound like a superficial body facist, but I think she looks pretty bad in this. In terms of her hair, it doesnt signal alien warrior at all. They probably should have kept it messy (like how it is when she falls into Blockbuster Video) or done something else instead of these CW american tween curls. Brie Larson's body is also pretty straight up and down, and as such skin-hugging spandex isnt that flattering. A solution could be to put her in something that offset this. I think baggy military pants would do the trick, but I don't know how the purists would feel about that given theyre still reeeing at her absent sash. Ironically the sash probably would have also helped break up her figure...

Anyway, having watched this breakdown/theorycraft, the movie is starting to sound more appealing than the confused trailer suggested:

6. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    They should've photoshopped some hips & ass onto her lol. She looks like a young boy from the waist down lol
    Because of this coupled with your post that she doesn't appear to be a superhero even though she's FLAME ON in that trailer, please unsubscribe from this thread.

7. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    looks like the changed her origin again. I guess being infused with Mar-Vell was not fitting the narrative. Also the voice.. not very.. authoritarian as i expected from Denvers.
    How did you figure that just from the trailer? I saw nothing in regards to how she got her powers /lost her memory.
    Maybe old man eyes or I need to watch a 10 min breakdown of the trailer

8. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    What a gross comment.

9. Post
    jords wrote:
    What a gross comment.
    You have to admit that ass is as flat as a pancake lol

10. Post
    was meh

11. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    How did you figure that just from the trailer? I saw nothing in regards to how she got her powers /lost her memory.
    In other media Mar-Vell is described as her trainer (after she gets her powers)

12. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    irrc the main origin time this was the 60s, she never lost her memory after Mar-Vell infused her with his genes to save her. Later Denvers lost her memory in a really weird plot involving Marcus the son of Immortus. She was brainwashed, and gave birth to a son. This was all retconned away during the 80s as she jumped from personality to personality including being known as Binary (?) , Warbird during the 2000s etc. This was when most comic ppl remember her as some of the storylines were great and it helped that Frank Cho drew her to look like the super hot version of her.

after that the narrative changed as did her appearance and then the origin went from being saved by the male alien superbeing known as Mar-Vell ( and the reason why i say from the trailer he is different is that Mar-Vell as is considered one of the most power beings ( the equivalent of Superman/Silver Surfer from DC ) in MCU ) , to whatever current political narrative that exists now.

13. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    She is facing forward.

lol

14. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    You have admit you're a giant douche

15. Post
    For someone who is supposed to be super powerful she doesn't exactly radiate the self confidence, strength, and authority you would expect from a badass space soldier.

In comparison to like Wonder Woman or Black Widow for instance.

16. Post
    POCOLOCO wrote:
    For someone who is supposed to be super powerful she doesn't exactly radiate the self confidence, strength, and authority you would expect from a badass space soldier.

In comparison to like Wonder Woman or Black Widow for instance.
    It's an origin movie, she's only just acquired her powers.

17. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Everything about you is starting to make sense.

18. Post
    was a poor choice of words lol

19. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    It's an origin movie, she's only just acquired her powers.
    No it's not.

20. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    No it's not.
    Sure sounds like it "Set in the 1990s, the story follows Danvers as she becomes*Captain Marvel*after the Earth is caught in the center of an intergalactic conflict between two alien worlds."

21. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Sure sounds like it "Set in the 1990s, the story follows Danvers as she becomes*Captain Marvel*after the Earth is caught in the center of an intergalactic conflict between two alien worlds."
    "A few new details for the upcoming*Captain Marvelmovie have emerged today, thanks to a cover story rollout from*EW.*

It looks like when we first meet the titular hero Carol Danvers (played by*Brie Larson), it will not be to uncover her origins.

Instead, the movie will begin with Carol fully in command of her powers, having “left her earthly life behind to join an elite Kree military team called Starforce, led by*Jude Law’s enigmatic commander.”

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/collide...rvel-plot/amp/

22. Post
    Not a traditional origin story, but still a origin story IMO

23. Post
    isn't it still an origin story if, as in the trailers, she is having flashbacks about the origins of her powers and her original life.

Just because the beginning, middle, and end don't occur in that order narratively, doesn't mean that the movie doesn't concern itself with her beginnings.

24. Post
    the character of this magnitude in the MCU should be given more time to develop. Good characters need time to develop. As i said before Denvers is not the level of popularity of many others like Hulk, Iron Man , Thor etc regardless of the narrative they are pushing. It is too late now but 1-2 movies developing her origin and giving her time to establish herself and against her set of nemesis would be great. ( again, not much to work on from the comics admittedly ) .

i still believe Larson is the wrong person to play her, she lacks the physical stature and presence . Gal Gadot did it incredibly well. She may not have been the true 6" + height and mass to be the Amazon of the comic books but she had presence and voice. Scar Jo did Black Widow well aslo. She had the physical traits and got the look down pretty well.

too late now i guess /shrug.

25. Post
    We didn't have much time with Black Panther either that worked out well.