1. Post
    If its only here causing the shit, and youve got a good track record, organise a meeting with your superior and tell them whats going on. Tell them exactly what youve typed out in your post . You seem to be the superior - get her moved to another team?

2. Post
    MarksoN wrote:
    There is always someone higher to go to, even if it is outside of work (legal means).

The amount of bullshit people put up with is absurd.

You have 3 options.
    Do something, do nothing, or leave.
    Does posting about it on GP count as doing something or doing nothing?

3. Post
    Depends how much the managers above your direct manager give a shit. My fiance is a manager for a large retail chain and the amount of bullshit that people get away with is astronomical, and its all because the managers further up the chain don't want to rock the boat, don't get professionally penalized for shenanigans, or simply don't care. She reported a manager at another store for purposely underpricing merchandise for her own and selected employees use, to the tune of thousands of dollars of loss to the company, and nothing ever happened. That person still works at the company years later.

Or the manager who got yanked out of managing a store in one area and moved to the smallest, shittiest store in another because of their enormous incompetence. The store he moved to was closed, and the manager moved to a large store as an assistant manager, and then moved to a larger store as a sole manager because he's buddy-buddy with the area manager he is in. To nobodies surprise, he's run that store into the ground, caused multiple people to quit, and is now pinching trained staff from other stores because he's too lazy (and stupid and bad at his job) to train anyone.

You can try talking to a higher manager, but this kind of bullshit just happens in retail. There are some excellent managers and employees who just want to get on with the job, and then there are the bottom of the barrel morons who are barnacles that attach themselves to whatever authority there is and cling on for dear life. Without someone (usually more than one person, and thus building a culture within the company) actively listening and responding to issues like these then just put your head down, do your job, take your paycheck, and **** off to somewhere else as soon as you can. If the company can't or won't deal with this bullshit while you're working part-time, there's no way that it won't happen when you're full-time either.

4. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Does posting about it on GP count as doing something or doing nothing?
    neither, in fact it makes OP look like a whinging little bitch that should still be getting mummy or daddy to dress them and arrange play dates

ive read OP a few times and it just sounds like a shit manager that they refuse to do anything about other than have a cry here

5. Post
    MarksoN wrote:
    getting mummy or daddy to dress them and arrange play dates
    I thought that was normal?

6. Post
    yeah for 2 year olds

7. Post
    MarksoN wrote:
    yeah for 2 year olds
    I like two year olds

8. Post
    giggidy

9. Post
    a group of us had talked to the higher ups about this some time ago but was told off for "bothering" them.. will give it another crack as the issue is much worse than before and with multiple people quitting due to her and calling in sick on shifts with her they might be more interested in hearing about it

moving her to another team is out of the question cause we've sent her to several teams before but she had a falling out with several members across the teams and so no other managers want her..in fact, theyre surprised she hasn't been fired as the managers reported the plethora of issues they had with her to my manager already.

last resort would just be to quit early as originally planned and find a temp job if i struggle for money. sure its only 6 months to go but dont think its worth the stress to take it fuand id rather not give her all my knowledge before i leave anyways or get involved legally with the company

10. Post
    MarksoN wrote:
    giggidy
    You sick ****.

11. Post
    I'm going through a subtle form of this at the moment; patronising language, inconsistent management, capricious decision-making, is clueless about how we do our jobs. Her main contribution to our office is lots of pretty pictures on the wall. The new rule is we must advise her 14 days in advance of applying for leave and discuss it with her first; am I wrong or is that complete bullshit? What happened to work-life balance LOL

Luckily we'll have an opportunity to discuss anything and everything with her boss this month and will see what happens.

12. Post
    Workplace bullying?
    my colleague just changed the radio station to The Hitz™ and they are playing Spice Girls right now

13. Post
    mai fm for lyfe

14. Post
    azarat wrote:
    stuff
    Dude, it's retail. It's barely one grade above McD's (if that).

15. Post
    McDonald's probably has better career progression, to be fair.

16. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    I'm going through a subtle form of this at the moment; patronising language, inconsistent management, capricious decision-making, is clueless about how we do our jobs. Her main contribution to our office is lots of pretty pictures on the wall. The new rule is we must advise her 14 days in advance of applying for leave and discuss it with her first; am I wrong or is that complete bullshit? What happened to work-life balance LOL

Luckily we'll have an opportunity to discuss anything and everything with her boss this month and will see what happens.
    I remember my first helpdesk job, my manager was a real nazi with leave. Even asking for a couple of days he would um and er about it, look at his calendar and make it sounds like it was the worst thing ever. Jokes was on him though, since we all ended up just taking sickies and then cashed out with huge annual leave balances when we left. So worked out well.

17. Post
    Tormenta wrote:

14 days seems reasonable...

18. Post
    jmart321 wrote:
    Start looking for a new job anyways. No better time to look for a new job than while you are still employed.
    I spent the last month or so before resigning at my previous toxic workplace literally browsing job ads and making applications during work hours. While sitting directly next to a senior manager. Also had the benefit of having a union available so got union reps involved, just to make things a bit more of a shitfest for them as well.

Felt good man, **** the wankers
    Last edited by Fu Manchu; 4th August 2016 at 1:58 am.

19. Post
    At a place I worked at years ago the assistant manager would constantly bully me. This would happen in front of other staff whom she would try to get the doing it too and also in front of customers. The other staff thought she was a total asshole so never got involved and I had embarrassed customers apologising to me for the way she treated me in front of them.

Eventually I told her to stick the hose up her ass and go f**k herself and walked out. The manager saw me leaving halfway across the car park and came running out, I thought here we go... She said to me "what did she say this time?" I told her what we both said and the boss said "oh she's ****ed now".

Assistant manager has since been fired and last I heard was going through the employment court over a whole heap of bullshit.

20. Post
    Fu Manchu wrote:
    I spent the last month or so before resigning at my previous toxic workplace literally browsing job ads and making applications during work hours. While sitting directly next to a senior manager. Also had the benefit of having a union available so got union reps involved, just to make things a bit more of a shitfest for them as well.

You sound like a toxic employee more than anything.

21. Post
    DW wrote:
    You sound like a toxic employee more than anything.
    Yeah. That was the point, ****head.

22. Post
    Fu Manchu wrote:

Tell us more

23. Post
    I'm curious how did he get past Privoxy's radar in the first place.

24. Post
    Fu Manchu wrote:
    How about I tell you more about the time I banged ya mum...?
    Oh man, your comment on the tinder thread I let slide, but this confirms you're a full-on dickhead. Good luck at the new job, hope you don't fit in there either

25. Post
    When I was working on a farm there was me and the manager who would usually split milking the stock of 365 cows, I'd be up at 3.15 with my dog and xr250 rounding them up and getting them to the shed, which took an hour. The manager wouldn't get up till 4.30. so usually by the time he arrived everything was ready to go, but when he got there he would piss about and I would end up doing 250-300 then he would come in, the whole time I had had the radio on zm, he would change it to some rock one, then while we finished off the cows he would bellitle me and say I needed to do x and y, he would make me do shit jobs all day. And he'd go for for lunch while I worked, I never complained until one day he said that because I have dreads I'm a low life druggy, now I just took the abuse and shit because I was young and loved my job.
    I kindly told him to piss of and leave me alone but he kept it up until our run was finished, then just as I was jumping on my bike he did a rooster tail right into my face. That was enough, caught up to him at his house jumped off and we ended up in a fight.

Him worse for wear, he was 35 I was 16

Little did I know that it was on CCTV the whole time, the boss had cameras with mics for when the milk tanks come and general security. Boss lived few hours away, the next day boss comes and fires the manager on the spot, and officially gives me his job, his pay and his accommodation.

Fun times