Xiaomi Phones Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    MIUI global + google now launcher is great

2. Post
    Flat mate in Hongkong has purchased my MI5, looking forward to having it next week, should be a nice upgrade from my M4i. Do i need to worry about the phone being taxed when she comes through customs, should i tell her to unbox it or something?
    Last edited by Hypno; 8th August 2016 at 4:48 pm.

3. Post
    mac-one-oh wrote:
    MIUI global + google now launcher is great
    Whats the deal with MIUI Global? Its the first I have heard of it.

Can you get it on any MI phone?

4. Post
    koukimonster wrote:

No not all, find your phone and see what roms are available

http://en.miui.com/download.html

5. Post
    koukimonster wrote:

i put the xiaomi EU rom on my mi5 since its known to be a bit better for battery and removing bloatware.

6. Post
    MI4c with CM13.1 from Team Superluminal (http://www.teamsuperluminal.org/roms/)

Best phone I ever owned

7. Post
    Has anyone else been able to find NZ on the Locale list?

Couldn't find it either this (flashed new rom) or last time. Put China the first time just in case, but put North Korea this time around.

8. Post
    Original Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime Snapdragon 650 3G/32G 16ML 1080P 5.5" Screen Hexa-Core Dual-Sim Card Slot Smart Phone
    Silver version on sale, NZD$240.19
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Xiaom...ddresstype=600

Combine it with this USD$5 (NZD$7.01) off special
    https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/260684

More info here if your lookling.
    https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/260763?page=1#comment
    Last edited by huntakillaz; 10th August 2016 at 4:41 am.

9. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Has anyone else been able to find NZ on the Locale list?

Couldn't find it either this (flashed new rom) or last time. Put China the first time just in case, but put North Korea this time around.
    Na I just set mine to Algeria

10. Post
    Anyone with a Note 3 had any problems with audio through aux cables not working? Whenever I plug one into mine the headphone icon appears in the status bar, but audio just plays through the phone speaker, then when I unplug, the headphone icon remains.
    I've tried 3 different cables and they all work fine with other devices, and also tried a selection of headphones which all work fine with my phone.

11. Post
    I have had similar bug with my Mi4i, which can change from update to update

12. Post
    orifice wrote:
    Anyone with a Note 3 had any problems with audio through aux cables not working? Whenever I plug one into mine the headphone icon appears in the status bar, but audio just plays through the phone speaker, then when I unplug, the headphone icon remains.
    I've tried 3 different cables and they all work fine with other devices, and also tried a selection of headphones which all work fine with my phone.
    Nope never had this.Tried a new rom?

13. Post
    Happens on global stable and beta. Will try Cyanogen when I get round to it.

14. Post
    orifice wrote:
    Yup this has happened to me before on my rn3p. Doesn't do it any more, im on the mokee rom.

15. Post
    If you're planning to install CyanogenMod, MAKE SURE YOU READ AHEAD.

I was just about to hit enter on this (before flashing I wanted to make sure this was a necessary step and wasn't just in case):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	177 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	213275

When the next step says to put the CM image on your SD card. I don't have a microSD card on me. And my SIM card takes up my microSD slot.

Makes me wonder what you're supposed to do if your phone doesn't have an SD slot.

Think I'll do this later once I finish unpacking and track down an SD card.

Edit: Just realised the Wii has one for Loader GX. Eeee, gon' go steal that.

16. Post
    do you need the sim card in for the install?

17. Post
    Good luck fitting that SD card from the wii in your phone :-)

18. Post
    Heh it's MicroSD plus adapter. I haven't seen a full size 2GB SD card in a long time. Made it even more convenient because my laptop only takes full size SD.

Don't need the SIM, sort of (needed it to unlock the device as they message you). Should get a SIM adapter at some point, though, so I can load it into slot 1.

19. Post
    suntoucher wrote:

I was just about to hit enter on this (before flashing I wanted to make sure this was a necessary step and wasn't just in case):

When the next step says to put the CM image on your SD card. I don't have a microSD card on me. And my SIM card takes up my microSD slot.

Makes me wonder what you're supposed to do if your phone doesn't have an SD slot.

Im not following you here. Never heard about it having to install on a SD card. thought you just put it on your phone storage by plugging in your phone

20. Post
    suntoucher wrote:

I don't think you need an SD card. The official Cynogenmod mod wiki says..

Place the CyanogenMod .zip package, as well as any optional .zip packages, on the root of /sdcard:
    Using adb: adb push filename.zip /sdcard/
    Note: You can copy the .zip packages to your device using any method you are familiar with. The adb method is used here because it is universal across all devices and works in both Android and recovery mode. If you are in recovery mode, you may need to ensure /sdcard (sometimes called Internal Storage) is mounted by checking its status in the Mounts menu. If you have booted regularly, USB debugging must be enabled.

So its just the internal storage mount isn't it?

21. Post
    orifice wrote:
    I don't think you need an SD card. The official Cynogenmod mod wiki says..

Place the CyanogenMod .zip package, as well as any optional .zip packages, on the root of /sdcard:
    Using adb: adb push filename.zip /sdcard/
    Note: You can copy the .zip packages to your device using any method you are familiar with. The adb method is used here because it is universal across all devices and works in both Android and recovery mode. If you are in recovery mode, you may need to ensure /sdcard (sometimes called Internal Storage) is mounted by checking its status in the Mounts menu. If you have booted regularly, USB debugging must be enabled.

So its just the internal storage mount isn't it?
    It says right there in your thing, bolded it.

When you flash with Recovery it wipes your phone, hence the SD card. If you stuck it on prior, it would be gone.

https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_kenzo

My internal storage on the Redmi Note 3 is called internal storage, the SD card is sdcard. And internal wouldn't need mounting.

Name:	sd.PNG 
Views:	136 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	213278

22. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    It says right there in your thing, bolded it.

When you flash with Recovery it wipes your phone, hence the SD card. If you stuck it on prior, it would be gone.

https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_kenzo

My internal storage on the Redmi Note 3 is called internal storage, the SD card is sdcard. And internal wouldn't need mounting.

Name:	sd.PNG 
Views:	136 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	213278
    Yeah sorry you are definitely right.. confused again.

23. Post
    orifice wrote:
    Happened to my Mi2A way back immediately after a rom update. I tried 3 different sets of ear buds and had the same issue. Dealt with Xiaomi/Miui with all sorts of fruitless troubleshooting. I then borrowed some Samsung oem ones and they worked, iPhone ones also worked. I figured since they are the Apple of China they had done something to make it only work with specific types of ear buds so I ordered some oem piston ones and they worked.

history:
    Mi2A
    Mi2
    Mi3W - current.

I don't need 4G and my Mi3W still runs just mint. Latest roms have started to eat battery in the past week or so so I might switch to the EU rom but I usually get 2 full days still.

24. Post
    This seemed relevant, $45 for a Mi Band 2
    https://www.cheapies.nz/node/7909

Checked and it's pretty much Ali RRP

Man, Mi Band 1 is $16USD
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origi...e-780f0d69e49e

25. Post
    And it's done, now on CyanogenMod and very happy.

It feels like my battery is a bit worse off so far, but will have to fully charge it and see how long it actually lasts. On MiUI I could last two days with regular Pokemon Go. Seems to have dropped 8% in the last half an hour without running any 3D apps (but have been installing a lot and doing general configuration).

Will be a few days before I know for sure, though. Everything seems to work, although I should have picked a lighter GApps package. If you're going to do it, just get the Play Store and install the stuff you want. I can't uninstall all the other crap now (Google Books, Movies, Music etc), I can only disable it. Stock includes all of that.

One major improvement is that the fingerprint reader is now instantaneous from sleep. I noticed it was instantaneous from lock with screen on, but screen off had a bit delay on MiUI. None of that on Cyanogen (although maybe it's just keeping everything awake and killing battery).