Xiaomi Phones Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    What's the point of setting up a Mi account?

2. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    What's the point of setting up a Mi account?
    Need one to unlock the bootloader, for one

3. Post
    ah, gotcha

4. Post
    And you need one to control those devices I listed with the app.

5. Post
    Set up a Mi account, turned off ads. No more ads than any other phone. Sweet.

6. Post
    I know it's old but does anyone have a ROM rec for the Mi A1? I just want stability and simplicity, I'm leaning towards crDroid

7. Post
    Anyone had issues buying from HK Goldway before?
    Ordered a smartwatch to try out during their anniversary sale in the weekend.
    Checked it last night and the order got closed due to security issues with my credit card (just an Airpoints Platinum from ANZ) that I've used for years pretty much daily and online.
    Deal has expired now and they won't honour the sale price.

Just wondering if it's something I'm doing before ordering again.

8. Post
    No issues from them so far for me. Bought my A1 and A2 lite during some sort of aliexpress sale but both arrived OK. I use an ANZ debit card.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

9. Post
    Of course they won't elaborate on the issue so I have no idea on how to make a purchase differently
    I'll wait for my refund to complete processing before ordering again.

10. Post
    Billing address and delivery address the same? They likely get a lot of CC fraud, so are covering themselves if anything at all doesn't add up.

11. Post
    As far as I know it was the same.
    I'll have a look when I get home.
    They didn't even reply to my question about it hrug:

12. Post
    I just picked up a Xiaomi Mi 9se to replace my Pixel XL og. I've only had it for a day and a half but for something that cost 1/3rd of the Pixel I'm very impressed, and the size is perfect.

I picked up the blue which is an absolute fingerprint magnet, and it's not likely to be as rugged as the Pixel (as most new phones aren't) but very stoked.

It's fairly comparable to the S10e, which I think had the edge due to it's screen and likely better support, but it was $350 less here in Australia so something I'm fairly happy to live with.

Really questioning the value of flagships these days - outside of the camera, I'm not really sure I'd notice the performance difference.

13. Post
    Wally Simmonds wrote:
    snip
    Where did you purchase your 9SE? Can you confirm whether Band 28 is available on the phone? Read that the Mi9 seems to have it but conflicting reports for the Mi9SE.

14. Post
    Huskie wrote:
    Where did you purchase your 9SE? Can you confirm whether Band 28 is available on the phone? Read that the Mi9 seems to have it but conflicting reports for the Mi9SE.
    Band 28 is not available on the Mi 9se it would appear.

LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300) - Global

LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - China

15. Post
    Rocking a mi 9 SE. Based on China for a few years, so decided to get a China app only phone - having WeChat, alipay and all the other apps, along with Facebook Instagram VPN etc on the same phone absolutely ruined the battery. Great phone so far ��

16. Post
    Hey guys, how are the Redmi Note 7's? I've read they're a good phone but they have built in ads? How intrusive are they, and are they easy to remove? Thanks!

17. Post
    Got a Redmi K20 Pro/extreme from China last week. Comes with 855+, 512gb storage 12 gig ram for 3300RMb, converts to 740NZD. After week of use am pretty happy with it, i like the full screen display with no notch along with the notification light, in-screen fingerprint scanner is good but not as fast or accurate as a touch button style.

18. Post
    Hypno wrote:
    Got a Redmi K20 Pro from China last week. Went with the 512gb storage 12 gig ram model for 3300RMb, converts to 740NZD. After week of use am pretty happy with it, i like the full screen display with no notch along with the notification light, in-screen fingerprint scanner is good but not as fast or accurate as a touch button style.
    How are you finding data speeds? I believe the Pro is missing some NZ bands.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

19. Post
    yes it is missing a band ot two, i am on 2 degrees, I ran a test just now and got 7.5/4.04 speeds while saying it was on 4g (inside an office), otherwise i have not noticed any issues in normal FB or youtube streaming and i rarely use WIFI data.

20. Post
    I bought my wife a redmi note 7, but it seems it's modem just gets stuck in a loop and disconnects wifi and the mobile network and reconnects and so on.

well.. not a good start.

EDIT: Tried everything to fix it. I Miui 10 won't let me roll back updates and no mobile network = no option to unlock bootloader. Maybe its a hardware issue with the simtray, or a software issue... either way there's no way to fix it. I'll have to send it back to china.
    Last edited by Pxndx; 19th October 2019 at 8:45 pm.

21. Post
    Girlfriend's Mi Mix 3 arrived today.

It just feels great in the hand and isn't overloaded with trash apps.

The wireless charger in the box was a nice touch, and the case. Would gladly use one myself if I didn't have the S10e. The huge 6.4" screen is awesome.

22. Post
    Finally put her Sim in it. This is the messages app. Is it supposed to look this awful?
    Name:  IMG_20191022_190941.png
Views: 84
Size:  51.9 KB

That's a message from her phone, then me texting a reply.

23. Post
    I'd say not but just download the google one

24. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    I'd say not but just download the google one
    I did. That one was weird. No padding at all.

25. Post
    If you can, flash it with the default International/stock ROM - it's probably got a bit of Chinese phone-home stuff pre-installed.