Results 1 to 11 of 11

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    Wake me up when they announce Destiny 2 for PC, featuring an actual story-driven campaign which wasn't scrapped late in development and then sloppily replaced.

    The Messy, True Story Behind The Making Of Destiny

  3. Post
    #3
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Wake me up when they announce Destiny 2 for PC, featuring an actual story-driven campaign which wasn't scrapped late in development and then sloppily replaced.

    The Messy, True Story Behind The Making Of Destiny
    Yeah second that was keen for this to come PC. Much disappoint when it didn't :-(

  4. Post
    #4
    dude2099 wrote:
    Yeah second that was keen for this to come PC. Much disappoint when it didn't :-(
    Bungie were "apparently" stretched thin supporting four different console SKUs.

    They just dropped support for the 360 and PS3 versions. Just think of how unrestrained they might've been had they not bothered with supporting the ancient 7th gen consoles?

    Seems PC gamers dodged a bullet as this first Destiny game has seemed like a huge dumpster fire.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

  5. Post
    #5
    It's still a good game well worth the price, geezer for 50 you get the game and all dlc and 3 expansions

  6. Post
    #6
    been a long time since I played, well over a year closer to two years. The gameplay was good but the content sucked. only way to progress was to do the 1 raid in the game and if I was lucky I could get a raid group maybe once a week.

    Am kinda qurious to check out the game again see if some of the crap has been fixed. They did take peter d out which would be a bonus...

    would be intetresting to know which game has matured better this or the division... should try the division again as I still have the disk and I'm not missing as many expansions...

  7. Post
    #7
    Vulturnus wrote:
    been a long time since I played, well over a year closer to two years. The gameplay was good but the content sucked. only way to progress was to do the 1 raid in the game and if I was lucky I could get a raid group maybe once a week.

    Am kinda qurious to check out the game again see if some of the crap has been fixed. They did take peter d out which would be a bonus...
    I was in the same boat, played from launch and then due to the content hole, I moved on. It was only after a few of my mates pulled me back once two DLC packs had hit and Taken King was about to drop that I really got into it.

    There's a considerable amount of content to keep you going, and I think Bungie have put a focus on the upcoming expansion to keep content a bit more evergreen. I think Private Matches will keep a number of Clans entertained beyond the raiding aspect. It seems like a number of items will take some time to attain as well.

    That being said, Bungie has confirmed that the majority of its studio is working on Destiny 2 (or whatever it'll be called), so I'm not sure what that's going to mean for the life of Rise of Iron post-launch.

  8. Post
    #8
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Seems PC gamers dodged a bullet as this first Destiny game has seemed like a huge dumpster fire.
    It absolutely *was* a dumpster fire. But then they listened to the player base, put in some hard yards, dropped a lot of cool content and actually fixed the thing . (Hardly surprising, because such was the size of Bungie's investment that they couldn't afford to have it die on its arse like it was threatening to.) Now it's pretty damned healthy.

    I don't blame anyone who dropped out of Destiny in the early running, but they missed it getting good.

  9. Post
    #9
    SirGrim wrote:
    It's still a good game well worth the price, geezer for 50 you get the game and all dlc and 3 expansions
    Pass, it'd take more than just a repetitive Diablo-like FPS to get me to pony up to pay for the PSN+ scam. What would I get from Destiny which I wouldn't get from a Borderlands game?

  10. Post
    #10
    CardinalNZ wrote:
    It absolutely *was* a dumpster fire. But then they listened to the player base, put in some hard yards, dropped a lot of cool content and actually fixed the thing . (Hardly surprising, because such was the size of Bungie's investment that they couldn't afford to have it die on its arse like it was threatening to.) Now it's pretty damned healthy.

    I don't blame anyone who dropped out of Destiny in the early running, but they missed it getting good.
    Yeah my last work place had a few guys that raved about it after 6 months in. They nearly convinced me to get a PS4 and the game. I played the crap out of Boarderlands 2 and wanted that experience again and haven't receive it on PC in a while.

  11. Post
    #11
    I loved early Destiny days: I put about 50 hours into the Loot Cave and Loot Cave 2.0 alone

    I ****ing how I made IRL friends at the Loot Cave