1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Watch video...

2. Post
    GP videos, yes!!!

Need more of these, seriously.

3. Post
    Great job. This game looks really good.

4. Post
    The Muel wrote:
    Great job. This game looks really good.
    It really, really does.

Just imagine how great the atmosphere is going to be with the ~100+ tracks of 60s gold on the radio too: chahoo!

5. Post
    IST wrote:
    It really, really does.

Just imagine how great the atmosphere is going to be with the ~100+ tracks of 60s gold on the radio too: chahoo!
    Yeah sadly we couldn't include the music in pre-release footage because of the licensing, but they seem to be using music really well as another major tool to immerse you in the time period.

6. Post
    CardinalNZ wrote:
    Yeah sadly we couldn't include the music in pre-release footage because of the licensing, but they seem to be using music really well as another major tool to immerse you in the time period.
    Question: I thought the licensing stuff was based purely on Youtube copyright rules? Wouldn't it still be ok to include in GP hosted vids?

Source: I'm maybe dumb, and don't know what I'm talking about lol.

7. Post
    So hyped. Even tempted to pre order.

8. Post
    IST wrote:
    Question: I thought the licensing stuff was based purely on Youtube copyright rules? Wouldn't it still be ok to include in GP hosted vids?

Source: I'm maybe dumb, and don't know what I'm talking about lol.
    Yeah, not sure I'm as unfamiliar with the technical nitty-gritty of the legal requirements of public performance rights etc as the next non-copyright-lawyer guy, but what I can tell you is that not only was footage with music in it prevented by the embargo/NDA etc. we agreed to, but that they also made sure that in-game music was turned off for everyone while we were capturing footage.

If I had to speculate, I would say that perhaps the license to use the music for the purposes of the game only kicks in from a certain date, e.g. release day. But not sure!