Have you made the jump to 4k?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    I was on the u.s netflix briefly and that was quite a bit of 4k content there.
    they keep adding more 4k content to NZ netflix too.
    it can only grow.

the upscalling on some of the these TV's is very nice too!

2. Post
    Just picked up the Sony 75" 940D. Stunning TV, the picture is amazing. Unfortunately I use a Marantz AV8801 that isn't 4k so need to offload that and look at getting a new receiver, probably the Pioneer SC-LX89

3. Post
    $14k for 4k... Seems like bit of an over investment currently..
    Unless you needed a new tv cause old one died...

4. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    Just picked up the Sony 75" 940D. Stunning TV, the picture is amazing. Unfortunately I use a Marantz AV8801 that isn't 4k so need to offload that and look at getting a new receiver, probably the Pioneer SC-LX89
    be prepared for high latency on that panel if you intend on gaming on it, i know you have a psn :P

5. Post
    From memory is about 30ms. That's not too bad.

6. Post
    Depends on the signal going in, 4k hdr and it shoots up to 60 or 70ms

7. Post
    Mental69 wrote:
    $14k for 4k... Seems like bit of an over investment currently..
    Unless you needed a new tv cause old one died...
    Who the hell is paying that much?

SirGrim wrote:
    be prepared for high latency on that panel if you intend on gaming on it, i know you have a psn :P
    No problems for me thus far.

8. Post
    thecandyman wrote:
    I worked there while that was happening, and everyone knew DS was closing down, just that some of the staff, mainly managers, were trying to be optimistic.
    Used to work for DSE as a student. Wasn't working there when this happened but had a lot of friends at Sylvia Park branch still. Bought a 55" Panasonic 3D 4K LED TV for $850. Brand new in box with glasses. It's still sat in storage because I haven't cleared out enough space in my bedroom to use it.

Bought a Sony 60" 1080P LED TV for $550 for the lounge too.

Bought a Samsung 28" 4K Monitor for $299 as well But ended up needing a new GPU, PSU and case just to get the damn thing working! Luckily I had bought a total of 3, sold the other two to fund the new bits and the monitor.

9. Post
    I don't even have 1080p at the moment let alone 4k

Will eventually upgrade though

10. Post
    Some good prices on 4k TV's at the moment at Harvey Norman due to the Noel Leeming big sale going on.

I picked up a Sony 4K HDR TV x8000ds from Harvey Norman for $1569 inclusive.

https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/t...rod147835.html

All TV's aren't listed on their website so I called to find out costs for specific models.

I called Noel Leeming and they said that there is no special price on the model above and the web price is correct so brought it from Harvey.

This is the original model that I spotted on their website that prompted me to give them a call about pricing for other TV's.

http://www.harveynorman.co.nz/tv-and...ed-lcd-tv.html

11. Post
    That same Sony tv is only $1400 from noel leeming lol. Go to asb showgrounds much better than Harvey's fake sale

12. Post
    NL need to give the south island some love and bring that sale to Chch.

Where there any ks8000's on sale?

13. Post
    MCSquared wrote:
    NL need to give the south island some love and bring that sale to Chch.

Where there any ks8000's on sale?
    Yep, 55" and 60".

14. Post
    Sweet, how much were they?

15. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    That same Sony tv is only $1400 from noel leeming lol. Go to asb showgrounds much better than Harvey's fake sale
    Oh damn, and here I was thinking I was getting a bargain lol. Was trying to save a trip out there but I should drag myself out and take a look.

16. Post
    MCSquared wrote:
    Sweet, how much were they?
    the 55' is $2900

17. Post
    65" ks8000 $4272 good price. Would you buy it or something else?

18. Post
    Has anyone had experience with the new LG SUHD 770 series TVs? Looking for the cheapest TV that supports HDR10 + Dolby Vision.

19. Post
    Dolby vision is just a trade marked set of features that the manufacturers have to pay a fee to "have". Similar to "thx certified" isn't it??

20. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    Dolby vision is just a trade marked set of features that the manufacturers have to pay a fee to "have". Similar to "thx certified" isn't it??
    Im not sure. Theres conflicting info about how it works ala freesync/gsync. Just want a TV that supports all the HDR content.

21. Post
    Dolby vision is effectively dynamic frame by frame metadata encoded hdr. So it can adjust on the fly as required.

22. Post
    what do you guys reckon about buying now vs waiting till christmas for the sales? seems kinda silly if you dont wait at this point.

23. Post
    You can wait forever.

24. Post
    Only reason for me to get one is ps4pro, and mid Nov to xmas aint long to wait.

Last year NL had a 55" 4k tv + PS4 for $1500 as a one day xmas special hoping to pick up something like that.

25. Post
    at least wait until Black Friday imho ?