Have you made the jump to 4k?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    As an ex-Dicksmith employee I can tell you now that both Xmas and Black Friday sales are a massive sham.

2. Post
    mmd wrote:
    As an ex-Dicksmith employee I can tell you now that both Xmas and Black Friday sales are a massive sham.
    ^this. Your best bet is buying through a friend who works at an electronics store. Assuming they are willing to give you staff discounts

3. Post
    MCSquared wrote:
    Only reason for me to get one is ps4pro, and mid Nov to xmas aint long to wait.

Last year NL had a 55" 4k tv + PS4 for $1500 as a one day xmas special hoping to pick up something like that.
    Do you know someone that got that deal? Pretty sure one deal finished when the next started. Parents got that TV, but PS4 deal finished the day or so before that price deal though IIRC. Was a bloody good deal though for the TV, kicked myself for buying two 60" FHD Samsungs in the DSE firesale. Hindsight eh...

4. Post
    POCOLOCO wrote:
    ^this. Your best bet is buying through a friend who works at an electronics store. Assuming they are willing to give you staff discounts
    Yes, I would recommend Noel Leeming staff as I think they're pretty liberal with who can use it.

Also if you know someone working at Sony Style - their staff prices are ridiculously good and tend to be for Friends and Family, so there's nothing dodgy getting a discount there.

5. Post
    I have a 65" JU6400 4k. Have had it about a year I think.
    I put it to good use with 4k content. As many shows as I can find in 4k, and anything else is up-scaled using MADVR (GTX970).

We have a Samsung Series 8 (much higher end model than the JU) 55" curved in the bedroom (1080p). The extra res of the JU definitely makes things look crisper.

6. Post
    Proabably will be soon. We have some cash saved up and are seriously looking at a Panasonic 65DX900 or an LG 65UH850. they are the two on the short list anyway. my dilemma here is that we currently have a 51" plasma and the jump into a 55B6 would be amazing, I just can't justify the cost to lack of screen growth. If I had a 42 id already have the oled

7. Post
    Are 4k hdr tellys available at a reasonable price yet?

8. Post
    descrivbe reasonable? Because you can get them for as low as $1k as far as I'm aware

9. Post
    You can get tv's that can take an hdr signal. It doesn't mean they can hit illuminance required to correctly display hdr.

10. Post
    Proper 4k hdr are about $3000 for 50-55" not sure if that is reasonable for you or not. Id like to get a decent 70-75" 4k hdr for $3500-4500. Probably have to wait another 2-3 years.

11. Post
    Boxing day will see some amazing prices as always.

12. Post
    zippy wrote:
    Are 4k hdr tellys available at a reasonable price yet?
    There's a panasonic 55" HDR10 for ~2k at Noels

13. Post
    I think the dx900 is the only panasonic lcd tv panel that displays (rather than processes) hdr 10bit.

65" $5275 (on special)
    58" $5299
    No smaller options.

14. Post
    The 900 is also fald. Its the nicest LCD ive seen. I have not seen the 75 930d or the 65z9 as its not here (yet)

15. Post
    Labour weekend sales kicking in. Samsung 55" ks8000 at Smith City for $2999.

Anyone know why the 49" version is not sold in NZ?

16. Post
    That's a really good price for the ks8000

17. Post
    MCSquared wrote:
    Labour weekend sales kicking in. Samsung 55" ks8000 at Smith City for $2999.

Anyone know why the 49" version is not sold in NZ?
    We didnt bring any 49" SUHD in. SUHD starts at 55" for NZ.

This weekend is free 49KU6500 with every 65KS9500 or 65KS8500 as well.

18. Post
    its a pitty, I actually prefer the smaller size to the 49" KS8500 would be perfect but none in NZ

19. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    its a pitty, I actually prefer the smaller size to the 49" KS8500 would be perfect but none in NZ
    We had a couple to review, I agree, 4k looks amazing at that size.

20. Post
    Fyi the 55ks8000 is cheaper at Harvey's over Labour weekend

21. Post
    see it as 3073 online, how much you got it for?

22. Post
    They must not have updated the website. I put out a ticket myself today on one for 298 something. 2988 I think.

23. Post
    Ah cool thanks. Good to see HN check the lowest prices around and beat it even if its a buck.

So if you had the choice of a 49" UHD HDR tv, which one would you get? This is an upgrade for the ps4p.

I really want the 55ks but its too big to fit in the space and gutted the 49ks is not sold here.

24. Post
    This may sound silly, but is anything available under 50" in NZ?

25. Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is anything under 50 inches that is 4k full HDR certified sold in nz. You can get them overseas but here they only import high end models in the largest sizes