Have you made the jump to 4k?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 2,076 to 2,079 of 2079

1. Post
    Agree. Sound more important than the extra pixels - unless you are using the tv as a monitor as well as a tv - which I do - in which case I found the step to 4k (58" @ 3m) is way sharper than my previous 60" @ 1080p @ 3m.

2. Post
    I think the thread title is a bit redundant now. The next TV you buy will be 4K whether you want it to be or not.

Although availability of 4K content is still a bit lacking...

3. Post
    brand wrote:
    I think the thread title is a bit redundant now. The next TV you buy will be 4K whether you want it to be or not.

Although availability of 4K content is still a bit lacking...
    It is?

Youtube, Netflix, iTune/AppleTV, GooglePlay, Bluray, Amazon, Console Games, PC Games - heck youtube even has 8k 60fps videos now (which by way works without a hitch on fibre). Seems like heaps of 4k content, the only area that I could say is lacking is New Zealand's Satellite TV, but in this day and age, the people who aren't streaming are the minority

4. Post
    DW wrote:
    I know my ability to differentiate 4K from 1080p requires me to be wearing my glasses these days.
    Me too
    SirGrim wrote:
    fair enough, what sound system are you using - going from TV speakers to a surround sound setup is like VHS to 4k Bluray, totally mindblowing and bigger than going from 1080p to 4k screen
    I have always used my DENON stereo via the left/right AUX connection to my TV/Video setup and the sound has always sounded sufficiently good for us. Blu-Rays do sound louder.