Have you made the jump to 4k?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2184

1. Post
    That Toshiba would make a great man cave TV and being the warehouse if it breaks no issues get another. I wouldn't make it the main TV though

2. Post
    Samsungs 98inch 8K QLED has launched in NZ. Anyone got a spare $80k?

https://www.harveynorman.co.nz/tv-an...-smart-tv.html

3. Post
    i bought a lotto ticket this afternoon while getting my 10cent BP discount

4. Post
    The depreciation on that TV in 3-5 years tho... ouch

5. Post
    OLED > QLED isn't that right folks?

6. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    OLED > QLED isn't that right folks?
    Depend if you want deeper blacks or brighter colours.

7. Post
    True. Deeper blacks > brighter(cartoony) colours. John Wick HDR.

8. Post
    Finally made the jump to 4k. 75" 4k from 60" 1080P, quite a nice step up. Upgraded Netflix but apart from that I don't have any 4k content to watch. Wasn't sure i'd ever make a post in here before 8k became the norm haha.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 25th May 2019 at 1:18 pm.

9. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Finally made the jump to 4k. 75" 4k from 60" 1080P, quite a nice step up. Upgraded Netflix but apart from that I don't have any 4k content to watch. Wasn't sure i'd ever make a post in here before 8k became the norm haha.
    Xbox One S and some 4k Blu Rays

10. Post
    Pretty much decided on Panasonic 4K TV. I have narrowed my selection to either a 55 FX600 for around $1200 or step up to a FX800 for about $2,000. I am not really after additional features or apps as these are secondary due to most content delivered via an APPLE TV or standard BluRays or some older DVDs. I just cant tell if the features of the FX800 are worth the extra $800. Other content will be standard Freeview TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Pretty much decided on Panasonic 4K TV. I have narrowed my selection to either a 55 FX600 for around $1200 or step up to a FX800 for about $2,000. I am not really after additional features or apps as these are secondary due to most content delivered via an APPLE TV or standard BluRays or some older DVDs. I just cant tell if the features of the FX800 are worth the extra $800. Other content will be standard Freeview TV.

I have the model up from fx600 and it's amazing. Personally wouldn't pay the extra $800 for the 800

12. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I have the model up from fx600 and it's amazing. Personally wouldn't pay the extra $800 for the 800
    It seems the key difference is Direct LED backlighting in the FX600 and Edge LED backlighting for the FX700, 800 and 900 series.

13. Post
    Got a 43" FX600, bought it as a cheapie for the in-laws to use. It's much better than I expected it to be.

14. Post
    BorgWarner wrote:
    Got a 43" FX600, bought it as a cheapie for the in-laws to use. It's much better than I expected it to be.
    Decided to get the Panasonic 55 FX600 for $1228. It will be fine for our needs. I was 80% for it and 20% for the FX800. Shops are running out of them as the new GX series is already out now, so would probably have to buy a more expensive TV model later.

15. Post
    It's a nice tv, i has one in my pc room

16. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Decided to get the Panasonic 55 FX600 for $1228. It will be fine for our needs. I was 80% for it and 20% for the FX800. Shops are running out of them as the new GX series is already out now, so would probably have to buy a more expensive TV model later.

Good stuff. True cinema mode I find is the best balance of quality

17. Post
    I expect the tv tomorrow but cant tune it in until Thursday when an aerial gets installed. I probably should wait for fibre before I upgrade my Netflix to 4K as well.

18. Post
    Would you guys take the FX600 over the TCL C6US which is a similar price? I see the TCL has Wide Colour Gamut whereas the FX600 doesn't

19. Post
    I was briefly considering TCL, but was not sure.

Also can I use the headphone output port with a converter to connect to left and right / red and white - auxiliary ports - on my old DENON stereo?

20. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Would you guys take the FX600 over the TCL C6US which is a similar price? I see the TCL has Wide Colour Gamut whereas the FX600 doesn't
    A quick look up of WCG feature is you need to be watching 4K and HDR content to see the difference.

The hexachrome feature on the Panasonic may do a good job of presenting good enough display of colours for most content I will watch. Anyhow I have not been disappointed with my colours on my old Panasonic Full HD, so I doubt Id have any problems with this 4K TV which Id 7 years newer.

21. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Panasonic over the tcl definitely.

22. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    I probably should wait for fibre before I upgrade my Netflix to 4K as well.
    I watched some Netflix, then upgraded, watched some more, then downgraded. Unless you sit close, especially given it's a 55", you probably won't spot the difference. I didn't anyway, so I didn't see the point. Good quality 1080P is more than enough for me ~2.5-3m away from a 75" screen.

23. Post
    Have you noticed its pretty damn near impossible to find non 4K tv for sale ???? Whats up with that.

24. Post
    VOID_NZ wrote:
    Have you noticed it’s pretty damn near impossible to find non 4K tv for sale ???? What’s up with that.

Cheaper to just make one resolution of panels, simplifies the manufacturing process.

Given how cheap 4k is, it's well and truly in the entry level range - why would customers chose to buy a 1080p TV if it's the exact same price as a 4k panel or maybe even more expensive.

https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/t...ter=price-desc

Compare 50inch 1080p and 4k TV's for sale. You end up paying the same price regardless which you chose and more often than not the 4k model is newer, so has more features

Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Wide Color Gamut, means 10bit panel which means better looking HDR (the colors look more vivid and have a greater range). TV that doesn't have Wide Color Gamut is using a 8 bit panel, which means less vivid looking colors when HDR is enabled. Some 8 bit panels using some sort of up-scaling called FRC which tries to scale a 10 bit image down to 8 bit and approximate the differences - this means it looks better than a basic 8 bit panel, but it still doesn't look like a 10 bit panel.

Here, watch this

Fragluton wrote:
    I watched some Netflix, then upgraded, watched some more, then downgraded. Unless you sit close, especially given it's a 55", you probably won't spot the difference. I didn't anyway, so I didn't see the point. Good quality 1080P is more than enough for me ~2.5-3m away from a 75" screen.
    Not just resolution, the 4k netflix plan allows more devices to stream at the same time, helpful when it's not just you watching
    Last edited by SirGrim; 1st July 2019 at 11:35 pm.

25. Post
    My Panasonic is 10bit........