Have you made the jump to 4k?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2107

1. Post
    Agree. Sound more important than the extra pixels - unless you are using the tv as a monitor as well as a tv - which I do - in which case I found the step to 4k (58" @ 3m) is way sharper than my previous 60" @ 1080p @ 3m.

2. Post
    I think the thread title is a bit redundant now. The next TV you buy will be 4K whether you want it to be or not.

Although availability of 4K content is still a bit lacking...

3. Post
    brand wrote:
    I think the thread title is a bit redundant now. The next TV you buy will be 4K whether you want it to be or not.

Although availability of 4K content is still a bit lacking...
    It is?

Youtube, Netflix, iTune/AppleTV, GooglePlay, Bluray, Amazon, Console Games, PC Games - heck youtube even has 8k 60fps videos now (which by way works without a hitch on fibre). Seems like heaps of 4k content, the only area that I could say is lacking is New Zealand's Satellite TV, but in this day and age, the people who aren't streaming are the minority

4. Post
    DW wrote:
    I know my ability to differentiate 4K from 1080p requires me to be wearing my glasses these days.
    Me too
    SirGrim wrote:
    fair enough, what sound system are you using - going from TV speakers to a surround sound setup is like VHS to 4k Bluray, totally mindblowing and bigger than going from 1080p to 4k screen
    I have always used my DENON stereo via the left/right AUX connection to my TV/Video setup and the sound has always sounded sufficiently good for us. Blu-Rays do sound louder.

5. Post
    Is the LG C8 or B8 65" OLED still a good buy or is there another OLED TV I should look at?

6. Post
    The 55 on sale at NL for $2398 is a pretty sweet deal, comes with a $200 prezzy card. Bit of negotiating and could be had for around the 2k mark pickup.

7. Post
    I bought the B8 65" for my old man at the end of last year for around $3300. not bad at all imo.

8. Post
    When did HN start selling Philips TV's? Good to see, hope they bring in the OLED's to spruce up competition.

Wonder if they'll start selling Hisense any time soon, Ozzies got some sweet deals on Hisense OLEDS https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/451975

9. Post
    They have just picked up that one model in a scoop purchase by the looks of things, a few other retailers like PB Tech having been selling them for the last year or so, they originally pulled their TV's out of the NZ market back in 2008.

10. Post
    spent 2 hours staring at 4k screens today, in the end i was overwhelmed and could not decide . Might just wait until Queens B'day to get a 4k for the Olds.

11. Post
    ^ Whats your budget?
    Sony x9000f is a very decent price right now with many retailers selling for under $1700 Easter sales.

And with Philips hope they do a scoop purchase on the OLEDS, getting good reviews overseas.

12. Post
    say 2000-3000? that should net something very decent for the olds until they the next 8 k jump in 4 -5 years.

i suspect doing all the research and then realizing there is no perfect TV is what depressed me in the end, Olds watch alot of imported Asian drama stuff and mum loves Rugby so need good upscaling and post processing but there is always sunlight and it is a well lit room which is why i slowly cut out certain models which did not have good reflective etc and needed to be super bright. etc.

in the end i could not tell myself which was better between the LG, Samsung and Sony models.

13. Post
    Dude go into Noels and get the LG OLED, great special on now at $2395. The olds wont believe their eyes and easily a 5 year life span.

https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/t...rce=igodigital

I'm close to pulling the trigger on that too, just pissed the 200 promo has ended,

14. Post
    ok i will give that more of a consideration next time.

15. Post
    Not sure if right thread but wondering what is good out there atm? Currently we have a Panasonic TH-50cx610z 50" which is decent enough however I'm wondering if it is worth upgrading to something better/newer - i.e. has tech really moved much to see an appreciable difference? Budget would be circa $2k for a 55" or similar.

16. Post
    Anyone see that 75 inch Toshiba @ the warehouse?

https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/tos.../R2505284.html

17. Post
    Big screen at a sharp price. reasonable specs too.

18. Post
    Gotta say the Toshiba tvs don't look too bad.

19. Post
    No HDR though.

20. Post
    ludez wrote:
    No HDR though.
    If you look at the specs page on the actual toshiba website they do have HDR from what I gather.

Gotta admit you prolly get what you pay for if you buy el cheapo TV's. Might not have the proper stuff.

21. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    If you look at the specs page on the actual toshiba website they do have HDR from what I gather.

Gotta admit you prolly get what you pay for if you buy el cheapo TV's. Might not have the proper stuff.
    Is it the same model number as the one sold here though?

I'd definitely rather buy a 65" 4k with hdr then buy the 75" cheapo

22. Post
    As someone with 4K HDR Sony x900F, i actually dont really care for HDR because there is **** all sources of content for it besides going on youtube and looking up TV HDR test channels

23. Post
    ajaxx wrote:
    As someone with 4K HDR Sony x900F, i actually dont really care for HDR because there is **** all sources of content for it besides going on youtube and looking up TV HDR test channels
    There is plenty of HDR content out there, a lot of Netflix content has HDR (as does Amazon Prime Video), and most new games do if you're a console gamer.

24. Post
    What are you guys using to play content? I'm looking at getting a NVIDIA sheild but can't find one locally(out of stock)

25. Post
    ajaxx wrote:
    There is bugger all content, but I'd be depressingly sad at not having hdr if I had the choice. Gaming here on a ps4 pro so that helps, but check out Avenger IW 4k hdr version and it pukes all over non hdr. Other notables John Wick 2 and The Matrix.