Have you made the jump to 4k?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2374

  1. Post
    Netflix tops out at just over 14Mbps in 4k, whereas a 4k Bluray not being compressed into oblivion will be over 60Mbps.

  2. Post
    Anyone have a 4K Veon? It seems that the quality of their TVs have gone up a notch lately. Scored a 50" Veon TV off mum when she upgraded, and seems decent for gaming ( It's not 4K though )

    Wondering if it's worth paying twice as much for a Sony or Samsung for 4K gaming, or go with Veon?
    Last edited by Black Plague***; 8th February 2020 at 7:38 pm.

  3. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Anyone have a 4K Veon? It seems that the quality of their TVs have gone up a notch lately. Scored a 50" Veon TV off mum when she upgraded, and seems decent for gaming ( It's not 4K though )

    Wondering if it's worth paying twice as much for a Sony or Samsung for 4K gaming, or go with Veon?
    I'd stick with the Sony/ Samsung or even Panasonic for 4K gaming as you tend to get what you pay for with cheaper TV's Gotta say some of the TLC TV's I've seen at JB don't look to bad when compared to some of the cheaper models of the bigger brand TV's

  4. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I'd stick with the Sony/ Samsung or even Panasonic for 4K gaming as you tend to get what you pay for with cheaper TV's Gotta say some of the TLC TV's I've seen at JB don't look to bad when compared to some of the cheaper models of the bigger brand TV's
    Yeah, this Sony isn't badly priced

    https://www.jbhifi.co.nz/sony/sony-x...g&utm_content=

  5. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Yeah I got that one. Its very good for an entry level model. Only thing is the input lag on Sony TV's is a bit high compared to LG and Samsung but I havent really noticed it. Sure its way better than trash Veon though lol.

  6. Post
    Just realised that Apple TV 4K YouTube is not actually 4K! Probably old news for most folks but I didnít know.

    Changed to use YouTube on my Sony Android TV app which does to 4K and the difference is staggering

  7. Post
    This is why I have an nvidia shield and apple tv because where one fails the other works.
    Anyone seen Gemini Man in 4k HDR 60fps? Wow image quality is incredible.

  8. Post
    BrentSt wrote:
    This is why I have an nvidia shield and apple tv because where one fails the other works.
    Anyone seen Gemini Man in 4k HDR 60fps? Wow image quality is incredible.
    Saw reviews that say it's a terrible movie, not sure I can be bothered renting it just for visuals

  9. Post
    I thought 24fps is more film natural and 60fps is overkill

  10. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    I thought 24fps is more film natural and 60fps is overkill
    You can even do 120fps movies. It's down to personal preference, some people like 60fps.

  11. Post
    I didn't bother seeing the hobbit in high frame rate but everyone I know who did complained it looked too artificial and fake and that it felt like the movie was on fast forward.

  12. Post
    Watching Gemini Man @ 60fps was like watching a 4k HDR demo video where everything pops on the screen even the background items.
    So action scenes looked amazing because there was no motion blur and everything looked super real. That is until you notice the stuntman\sets and CGI.
    So yea it was a cool experience and one to "Show off" your setup but I agree that the movie looses its "film" look and is closer to playing a high FPS game with great cinematic shots. Therefore I still prefer 24fps film.

  13. Post
    BrentSt wrote:
    Watching Gemini Man @ 60fps was like watching a 4k HDR demo video where everything pops on the screen even the background items.
    So action scenes looked amazing because there was no motion blur and everything looked super real. That is until you notice the stuntman\sets and CGI.
    So yea it was a cool experience and one to "Show off" your setup but I agree that the movie looses its "film" look and is closer to playing a high FPS game with great cinematic shots. Therefore I still prefer 24fps film.
    Alright I'll give it a watch anyway. Apparently the movie is actually in 120fps, but since bluray caps out at 60fps that's all you see. So I don't know where to get a 120fps version. My TV will play 120fps movies, but I think I need to play them off a USB stick or hard-drive since most streaming services won't support that framerate either.

  14. Post
    The movie was filmed in 120fps and shown in theaters that supported the format (Not many) however only released on bluray at 60fps.
    This is because the current HDMI spec will max out @ 4k 60fps. The new HDMI 2.1 spec will support [email protected] & [email protected]
    If you find a 120hz\fps copy or even demo disk\video that works let me know, i'd be keen to see what it looks like. (I have a samsung 120hz TV so should work for me too)

    Be keen to know what you think after watching it (Not the movie itself lol)

  15. Post
    Watching my Blu-Ray copy of John Wick 3 upscaled to 4K by the player, was OK. Fast fight scenes were not that good to watch, but when they had the slow dialog scenes it was gloriously detailed.

  16. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    No sorry
    Do you have HDR enabled for everyday desktop use?

  17. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    Do you have HDR enabled for everyday desktop use?
    No I manually enable it when I want to play a game with hdr

  18. Post
    Puk wrote:
    Just realised that Apple TV 4K YouTube is not actually 4K! Probably old news for most folks but I didn’t know.

    Changed to use YouTube on my Sony Android TV app which does to 4K and the difference is staggering
    This is the ONLY thing holding me back from completely using Apple TV 4k as my primary streaming device! Otherwise it's actually pretty good. Only device where Netflix DV, Disney+ etc works flawlessly where my nVidia Shield doesn't do Disney+ and Netflix DV

  19. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    I didn't bother seeing the hobbit in high frame rate but everyone I know who did complained it looked too artificial and fake and that it felt like the movie was on fast forward.
    I think we are not ready for the 60p yet. Like for eg, most movies are 24p, maybe a better idea will be slowly make the jump like from 24p to 30p and then to higher frame rates. Most of my travel videos I make are in 30p and I prefer that over to 24p despite the fact that I'm still going for the cinematic look which dictates 24p!

  20. Post
    Anyone here with Apple TV 4K and Nvidia Shield Pro 2019?
    Wondering what you think of Netflix and Disney+ content as well as the upscaling of 1080 to 4k, which one do you prefer?

  21. Post
    I've seen the AI upscaling on the new nvidia shield and when it works it's pretty spectacular, however for me its not worth upgrading as I'm pretty happy with my current shield and apple tv 4k. Both of these cover my streaming/direct play requirements.

  22. Post
    I finally picked up my first 4k blurays. Will be interesting to see if I can notice a difference. I watched Endgame on standard bluray a few nights ago and It did feel like there was some detail missing in certain scenes.

  23. Post
    Head to head LG OLED vs Samsung QLED, comparing game mode visual quality.

    I already knew the outcome, but I hadn't seen such a comprehensive comparison before.

    Samsung has to disable a lot of image processing features to get acceptable input lag, so the picture quality takes a big hit



    Some comparisons



  24. Post
    ^ So looks like LG is the way to go.

    Does anyone know what's in the Gorilla TV's at Mighty Ape? They seem decent.

  25. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    ^ So looks like LG is the way to go.

    Does anyone know what's in the Gorilla TV's at Mighty Ape? They seem decent.
    they are rebranded konic tvs, which are better then veons