Have you made the jump to 4k?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2351

1. Post
    Only talking $300 difference, so not overly fussed

2. Post
    Can someone recommend me a 4k tv around the 1.3k mark? Heaps of specials already up and unsure which to pull the trigger on

3. Post
    ^ What size you after? If 55 and you can up your budget a wee bit get this https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/t...rod180393.html

4. Post

5. Post
    Interested in a 75" if anybody has seen any good deals going.

6. Post
    Fuark thats a good deal

7. Post
    Its crazy shit the ozzies can get an oled for the ~$1300 mark.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/h...-smart-oled-tv

8. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Its crazy shit the ozzies can get an oled for the ~$1300 mark.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/h...-smart-oled-tv
    Insane pricing for an OLED, albeit it's sold as a "budget oled" so there are some cutbacks, like 2 of the HDMI ports are only version 1.4 which is quite outdated.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if anyone is stocking and selling Hisense TV's in NZ?

9. Post
    I’m looking at replacing the ks8500 I have and going either 65 or 75, is the best bet to go for a Samsung q80 or should I be looking at another brand?

10. Post
    ilikepie2 wrote:
    I’m looking at replacing the ks8500 I have and going either 65 or 75, is the best bet to go for a Samsung q80 or should I be looking at another brand?
    Whats your budget and what do you use the TV for?

11. Post
    Probably wouldn’t want to spend more than 4.5-5 less if possible, netflix,YouTube and movies

Jbhifi has the q80 65” for 3.6k

12. Post
    ^ Looks good if you want to stick with Samsung.

3.3k for a 65 OLED Panasonic if going different brand.
    https://magnessbenrow.co.nz/tvs-tech...-oled-smart-tv

13. Post
    What do you guys do with your old TVs?

I kind of feel like once I buy one I don't really have reason/justification to upgrade unless it breaks or something...

14. Post
    brand wrote:
    Yeah, if anyone wants to get rid of something that would be an upgrade on a 15 year old TV, let me know.

15. Post
    brand wrote:

I kind of feel like once I buy one I don't really have reason/justification to upgrade unless it breaks or something...
    I usually pass it along to a friend that's less fortunate and not able to upgrade as often as I can.

16. Post
    I jumped from 720p to 4k last year, great choice.

17. Post
    Old TV's get relegated to other places in the house. Garage got a 40" last year. Not much point giving away a TV that doesn't get freeview as that seems to be what most people are into these days.

18. Post
    Apple TV App is now available on LG 2019 TVs and 2020 TVs. Just tried it and worked a treat, no longer need to use Airplay 2 to watch movies and can just play them direct from the TV app.

19. Post
    Still waiting for my 65 Veon to fail lol. Surprised its lasted this long tbh. Warranty expires in May I think.

20. Post
    SirGrim, do you notice with your PC hooked up to you C9 that the mouse disappears for a second when you click on the start menu? Do you get that?

21. Post
    Discovered something interesting today.

I had read that having a 1080p Blu-Ray player connected to the 4K TV, it was better to let the TV upscale the picture, because they are designed to upscale. So I had left the players settings as normal.

My DMP-BDT460 does 4K upscaling as well. So when I set the output to 24p(4K) from its default of 24p, the picture improved significantly from just letting the TV do the upscaling.

22. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    SirGrim, do you notice with your PC hooked up to you C9 that the mouse disappears for a second when you click on the start menu? Do you get that?
    No sorry

23. Post
    Not been that impressed with Netflix or Disney + 4K Dolby Vision if Iím honest. Was expecting a bigger jump with the move to 4K. So far the most impressive content seems to be the Apple TV 4 K screensavers

24. Post
    Might come down to compression? I think for most the jump to 4k is mostly placebo as people tend to just stream content. So I don't see it as being a big jump. I rocked 4k Netflix for a month, couldn't even spot the difference. I don't sit 1m from my TV though. Netflix / Disney+ / Apple as run pretty high compression = nothing fantastic quality wise IMO. I guess it comes down to storage capacity too, as i'm sure they could offer up better quality if users connections can handle it.

4k Bluray could be worth a shot if you want to make the most of your display. 1080P looks sweet from where I sit at probably 2.5m.

25. Post
    Puk wrote:
    Not been that impressed with Netflix or Disney + 4K Dolby Vision if I’m honest. Was expecting a bigger jump with the move to 4K. So far the most impressive content seems to be the Apple TV 4 K screensavers
    It's been mentioned before but let's do it again

* There are very few 4K movies, most movies today are filmed uses 2k cameras including the most expensive Hollywood blockbusters. If you want to see a real 4K movie, search for El Camino on Netflix

* Compression, to appeal to most users and lower its ownnnetwork stress, Netflix limits bandwidth to a tiny fraction of what our internet is capable of. In fact a 4K Netflix stream doesn't even use a quarter of the average NZ connection speed.

* HDR - in general few movies have a good implementation as most of the time it's just a tacked on after thought. Some movies that have incredible HDR/DV off the top of my head: Aquaman, Batman Killing Joke, Into the SpiderVerse, Night on Earth, Avengers infinity war, John Wick chapter 3, Stranger Things season 3, Planet Earth 2. Don't downplay HDR until you've watch these!

* Forget Netflix, blurays and movies in general. This is a gaming forum and there is no better visual experience than a true native 4K HDR game. Having watched many many HDR movies and played many HDR games I can safely say the HDR in a well implemented video game far exceeds the best HDR/DV movies