1. Post
    I think the 2nd episode was worse than the first one. The Car segment was awesome, still don't like "The American" and the army segment was far too drawn out and bad-actey. And the celeb brain train was cringey too.

2. Post
    It was shit, period.

3. Post
    that was so utterly boring that I switched it off.

4. Post
    i fell asleep

5. Post
    Too Americanised

6. Post
    i agree , it was like we have all this money we better spend it, and who wants to watch 3 middle age men act out their fantasy of playing soldiers.

7. Post
    I was reading on reddit that episode 2 was recorded before ep 1, so maybe they thought "Well, that was bollocks"

8. Post
    i liked the studio stuff more..
    It was funny and interesting to know what an idiot the south african president is.

9. Post
    Skipped over the army segment. Not sold on the 'stig' so far. The lion jumping on Charlize - I can't blame him for that...

10. Post
    That was rubbish.

11. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Too Americanised
    Top Gear - America ... LOL!

12. Post
    Episode one was a chore.

13. Post
    I watched the first episode for the 3 car shootout. The gags were a bit lame. Will give ep 2 a go.

14. Post
    swazi wrote:
    I watched the first episode for the 3 car shootout. The gags were a bit lame. Will give ep 2 a go.
    It's really bad,like horrible

15. Post
    Second episode was a dud -they really shouldn't do scripted comedy bits.

I get the feeling they are trying things though so each episode is likely to be different...

They really need to get rid of the American or at least turn off his mic...

I assume having any kind of mystery test driver would have gotten them into legal trouble.

So fine, bring in a recognised driver but don't saddle them with a lame comedy persona. If they aren't going to give a serious opinion of the car then just shut up and drive.
    Last edited by brand; 27th November 2016 at 9:32 pm.

16. Post
    Giant bore fest. I actually don't mind the test driver. It's the tent stuff, and the forced comedy. Although I did laugh a couple of times, when they got shot.
    It's like they've become parodies of themselves.

17. Post
    I wouldn't have minded if they were actually trying at the SAS stuff and just useless -that would have been funny...

This was obviously scripted and not funny.

It was basically what if Top Gear tried to make a (bad) comedy action movie.

18. Post
    Watched second episode. Didnt hate it as much as some of you guys though. The cheesy-ness is in the same vein as the old Top Gear, maybe a touch more. My biggest gripe so far is the cars. 1) Lack of, 2) For brand new episodes, the cars are old news.

19. Post
    I remember in the promos they were bringing back ben collins weren't they?

20. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    I remember in the promos they were bringing back ben collins weren't they?
    No that was from Top Gear Live -people just thought it was from The Grand Tour

21. Post
    Thought both episodes were awesome such a class show

22. Post
    1st one was decent. 2nd one was shit.

23. Post
    Remember in Episode 1 where Clarkson said they could destroy his house if his car didnt win , This week they carry out the bet.

24. Post
    Going by the trailer it looks like ep3 could be a return to form...

25. Post
    I see they have launched drive tribe