1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    9/10?

I remember the last expansion, Warlords of Draenor, got 9.5/10 score here.

Legion must be that bad huh.

/s

3. Post
    serious>klown wrote:
    9/10?

I remember the last expansion, Warlords of Draenor, got 9.5/10 score here.

Legion must be that bad huh.

/s
    I know you're being sarcastic, but it was hard to see the issues that would arise across the WoD lifecycle with an early review. Some could have possibly been foreseen - like the solo player issues with garrisons - but many were in the hands of Blizzard to either address or ameliorate. The lack of content was substantial if you compare the amount of things to do in WoD compared to earlier expansions.

Not to say that earlier WoW expansions were better in terms of content gap. All of them to a greater or lesser extent had problems with the time between the last content and the next expansion. I'm not holding my breath with Legion in this regard, but its possible Blizzard will do better this time. On the whole though I'm happier with Legion than almost any other expansion. Its never going to return to the glory days, but that's as much to do with me as a player than an objective measure of game quality. Legion has a nice balance of having things to do that are appealing, new and reasonably interesting systems, decent content, and a compelling narrative. I do have issues with it, the most obvious of which is the dungeons which are very hit and miss, but overall I'm happy. Darkheart Thicket is probably one of the worst dungeons in a very long time though, and some of the others have altogether too much trash.

4. Post
    azarat wrote:
    I know you're being sarcastic, but it was hard to see the issues that would arise across the WoD lifecycle with an early review.
    I think that was his point.

For me, the main problem with WoD (and Cataclysm) was the 'fire and forget' approach to launching content. I'd be playing repetitive content 4 weeks in and then hear plans for the next expansion and that, combined with the fact that the AV blacklist bug still hasn't been fixed (to cite one example) in Legion, is a sign that Legion is doomed to walk the same path.

5. Post
    What don't you like about Thicket? Strikes me as a fairly standard dungeon having cleared it on each difficulty.

6. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    What don't you like about Thicket? Strikes me as a fairly standard dungeon having cleared it on each difficulty.
    Full of terrible trash, boring as **** boss fights, and the red/brown aesthetic is just awful.

7. Post
    Trick Armada wrote:
    Huge point, honestly I don't think any WoW expac reviews are worth the time reading them unless the author has reached max level and done a little bit of end game content. It was obvious by the time you hit 100 in WoD that he garrison was going to be a farmville timesucker that replaced actual gameplay with sending followers to play the game for you. The huge reduction in the crafting game (replacing the diverse mix of material sources with grinding garrison cooldowns), and the constant joke that was Ashran.

8. Post
    Trick Armada wrote:

For me, the main problem with WoD (and Cataclysm) was the 'fire and forget' approach to launching content. I'd be playing repetitive content 4 weeks in and then hear plans for the next expansion and that, combined with the fact that the AV blacklist bug still hasn't been fixed (to cite one example) in Legion, is a sign that Legion is doomed to walk the same path.
    To be fair, the day that vanilla was released, Blizzard was planning BC. That's always been their approach.

9. Post
    Wow sucks

10. Post
    Kog wrote:
    Wow sucks
    much contriboot

11. Post
    The next content patch is on the PTR already, if that's what you mean by expansion.

12. Post
    Trick Armada wrote:

Oh thats a bug? Was wondering wtf was going on there.

13. Post
    This is the first WoW Exp i haven't come back for. I might try it in 6-12 months time after some reading of what the experience is like.

Traditional MMOs kind of dead to me

14. Post
    Stimpy wrote:
    This is the first WoW Exp i haven't come back for. I might try it in 6-12 months time after some reading of what the experience is like.

Traditional MMOs kind of dead to me
    Yeah I'm having a hard time getting interested in MMOs these days too, I picked this up and play 1-2 hrs a night with my wife as she is a hardcore WoW fan but it still seems like the same old shtick.

I wish Archeage would get a relaunch, drop their current publisher and transfer to P2P. That'd be the shit.

15. Post
    Probably helps that I skipped WoD so the burnout has been put off for awhile, but this has been my favourite expansion to date, so far. I doubt I'll renew my sub, but good fun for a few weeks.

16. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Yeah I'm having a hard time getting interested in MMOs these days too, I picked this up and play 1-2 hrs a night with my wife as she is a hardcore WoW fan but it still seems like the same old shtick.

I wish Archeage would get a relaunch, drop their current publisher and transfer to P2P. That'd be the shit.
    We can dream, Archeage could of been a thing of beauty if it wasn't for the money hungry assholes.

17. Post
    Eh imo it's still too early to really judge it.

I loved WoD for a few months and then it got stale so I'm hoping Legion doesn't do the same, so far so good but I'll wait and see how I feel a few months down the track before I make any final judgements

18. Post
    i'm a returned player from vanilla - Don't know if it's this xpack or not but somewhere along the way since cataclysm Blizzard have snuck in a massive graphics upgrade.

Loving the new dungeons - even the reddy browny one with it's atmospheric mist/shadows/tunnels

so much more immersive, but then i guess I'm just a graphics whore at heart

19. Post
    every expansion they make slight graphics upgrades, it still looks dated though the updates help

a few years back they did introduce a big upgrade to water by implementing DX11

20. Post
    So, three months in, Still playing Alan? I'll admit I haven't come back to play this expansion, and the vibe from other forums is suggesting that Blizzard still hasn't learnt from the gating (both grind and set time limited) woes from WoD and MoP, Have Artifact weapons have become garrisons 2: forced time investment boogaloo?

21. Post
    I think the content is still great but I realised the only exciting part of expansions for me is going through the new continent, quests, dungeons and raids once or twice, after that the gear treadmill becomes really boring. So I'm still subbed but will probably just til January.