1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    No online multi at review time?

3. Post
    The scores this game has been getting don't surprise me after playing the demo. It really is that good. I can't wait.

4. Post
    My only concern is how the PC version goes.. better not be another quantum break !

5. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    My only concern is how the PC version goes.. better not be another quantum break !
    Yeah me too

6. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Yeah me too
    Admittedly I'm concerned about this too. Delaying the PC demo until post launch definitely doesn't instill confidence, especially since this is Playground Games' first PC port. Thankfully it's a play anywhere title and I have an Xbox One, so if the PC version sucks shit, I'll just download the Xbox One version instead, but that doesn't help those who don't own Xbox Ones.

7. Post
    Quiet neat how they have designed the map to be replicated of real life suburbs. But also interested to see how the PC version goes might be time to finally invest in one of these?

http://playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139235/...ctdetails.html

8. Post
    I knew it! Pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition ready for Friday. Goodbye to another 200hrs.

9. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Does Apex run fine? Then Horizon probably will. They're carrying improvements over from that game. Apex runs great in all respects, only problem was a bit of stutter at certain tracks.

Settings
    https://imgur.com/gallery/5cw1R

Even got the UI scale in there. (not capped at 60fps with vsync off).

10. Post
    WTF you need windows 10 to run on PC? thats bloody bollocks

edit: thinking about it i spose maybe the dx12 thing has something to do with it?

11. Post
    Still not happy to spend over 100 for it, I loved Horizon 2 though.

Any word on customization being more in depth?

12. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Does Apex run fine? Then Horizon probably will. They're carrying improvements over from that game. Apex runs great in all respects, only problem was a bit of stutter at certain tracks.

Settings
    https://imgur.com/gallery/5cw1R

Even got the UI scale in there. (not capped at 60fps with vsync off).
    Yeah, but don't forget, different developer. Also, this is a 30fps game, not a 60fps game like forza 6 was, which was done to get all the extra visuals / maps etc.. will be interesting to see how it works on pc

and apex has issues with stuttering :P

13. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Yeah, but don't forget, different developer. Also, this is a 30fps game, not a 60fps game like forza 6 was, which was done to get all the extra visuals / maps etc.. will be interesting to see how it works on pc

and apex has issues with stuttering :P
    Seems to go good with the new drivers http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_...-18407_en.html\

14. Post
    Hmmm

15. Post
    The early access launched at midnight and my PC experience has gone loosely like this:

Game was pre-loaded so launches fine right at midnight.
    Does a whole "optimising game for your PC" thing.
    Reaches 100%, closes itself (crash?).
    Re-launch, it does the optimising again. Doesn't close this time. Finally get to actually play.
    After a little play time, close game to restart it with new settings, doesn't launch.
    Windows Store says it needs repair. Try to repair it. Doesn't work.
    Uninstall and redownload whole 50GB. Doesn't work.
    Repeat previous two steps to no avail.

No idea where I went wrong. Does run similarly to Apex when it does run from what I could tell.

Edit: I have been able to play on XB1 and a wheelspin glitched and gave me 999,999,999 credits. So that's nice.

Edit2: Uninstall -> redownload eventually worked. Game runs smoothly on medium settings, but has crashed on me a few times already, and performs worse when booting back up after a crash.

Edit3: Figured out that it will not boot when ReadyBoost is enabled on another drive.
    Last edited by Prens; 23rd September 2016 at 4:15 pm.

16. Post
    Does anyone know if I buy the premium edition on PC now I can download and play straight away or do I have to wait till the 27th :/ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Post
    Cartel. wrote:
    Does anyone know if I buy the premium edition on PC now I can download and play straight away or do I have to wait till the 27th :/ ?

Ultimate edition is out already, yes. Deluxe is 27th. Says on store pages.

18. Post
    I get that but is the early access only exclusive to pre orders?

19. Post
    Cartel. wrote:
    I get that but is the early access only exclusive to pre orders?

No, don't think so. If you go onto the Ultimate store page and it says 'Buy' then it's unlocked and ready to play. The other editions still say 'pre-order'.

If anyone regrets the purchase just go here and ask for a refund, I did. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Runs like cabbage.

20. Post
    <N> wrote:
    No, don't think so. If you go onto the Ultimate store page and it says 'Buy' then it's unlocked and ready to play. The other editions still say 'pre-order'.

If anyone regrets the purchase just go here and ask for a refund, I did. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Runs like cabbage.
    Oh really? will give it it a geez if there is nothing to loose then

21. Post
    Great review. I´ve just bought the game and can't wait to play it.
    The Crew is good, but I'm hoping this will be even better on PC.