1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Cool!

3. Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed Firewatch but I mean... this feels unnecessary. It already felt like a movie, as intended, with the video game feel of being able to go along at your own pace and make narrative decisions; what are they going to be able to do with the story then thrown into a movie format?

4. Post
    It is cool, the game script is very well written. My concern though is how they can translate the game's art style into the movie

Remember the live action world of wacraft movie... yuck!

Skorky wrote:
    I thoroughly enjoyed Firewatch but I mean... this feels unnecessary. It already felt like a movie, as intended, with the video game feel of being able to go along at your own pace and make narrative decisions; what are they going to be able to do with the story then thrown into a movie format?
    The script will lkely get expanded, remembering the game is 90% exploration, 10% story, its net fleshed out enough for a 2 hour movie, they will need to add in new things like characters locations etc

E.g you might get to see more of Henry's past than just what we're told by narrator in the game (without spoiling this game for anyone)

5. Post
    It was a good story, and the characters were intresting.