1. Post
    I said when I woke up that I have a feeling SSG and TSM will be the ones making it out.

After these few games, I feel like my vibe was right.

Unless RNG pulls off the miracle comeback

2. Post
    well that is pretty bad for my c9, even if they get out they have to face SSG who seems to be the team best in form ..

3. Post
    Winner takes all coming up.

Please not a stomp

Goodluck to both teams

4. Post
    ah well, all of NA now rests on a flawed c9..

5. Post
    YESSSS

IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

Anyone can win worlds and Ill be happy with the outcome

6. Post
    well, this is bad, c9 chooses a dive composition against SKT poke / disengage with Zyra / Fakers Victor and a jase..if they lose the laning phase then the the game is all but over

as expected SKT, play slow and steady and if a Dive comp cannot win the early or mid, the game is all but over

welp C9 now losing to FW as well, so NA wont have any representation

well C9 stay alive with win over IM but it will be a large call for them to beat FW for the last spot
    Last edited by Bloody; 10th October 2016 at 3:27 pm.

7. Post
    I'm a DOTA player but I've been watching a bit of this whenever I can and I've done a bit of research on the heroes and what they do but I find this so much harder to follow that DOTA.

Do teams only have 1 support or does everyone kind of chip in? Why does every game have Jin and Reksai in it? (Spelling)
    How many heroes are there in the current meta? It seems like a very shallow hero pool. I'm a bit confused about the dragon buffs, so if you kill a specific dragon your team gets a certain buff for X amount of time?

8. Post
    jdz wrote:
    I'm a DOTA player but I've been watching a bit of this whenever I can and I've done a bit of research on the heroes and what they do but I find this so much harder to follow that DOTA.

Do teams only have 1 support or does everyone kind of chip in? Why does every game have Jin and Reksai in it? (Spelling)
    How many heroes are there in the current meta? It seems like a very shallow hero pool. I'm a bit confused about the dragon buffs, so if you kill a specific dragon your team gets a certain buff for X amount of time?
    Yeah I've heard the same from people that have come over from Dota or still play it, I think its the same vice versa though to be fair, as much as I enjoy watching Dota and have played it in the past, the modern day shit just confuses me.

Yes, there is usually only one support, they got to the bottom lane with the ADC Carry/Marksmen but other lanes can build supportive items to help lighten the load and what not. Jhin is one of the strongest ADCs atm and all the other ones usually get target banned from the players, Ezreal is also popular and Caitlyn. Same about Reksai, shes one of the strongest junglers atm and provides a lot of roaming pressure.

I can't speak on how many heroes are in the common meta because i personally had a 6 month break from it but usually theres mainly 3 of each role that are heavily favored over all else, then again a lot of teams build around a comp or counter comp more than the current meta of heroes. The meta just helps in the early stages usually.

Put it this way, there is like 110 champs but usually the max played at worlds is around 60 on average.

As for the dragons, each type gives you a different buff, they randomly spawn so it can be any of the four, if you kill the same dragon type multiple times you get the next level of their buff up to level 3, then there's the elder drake that gives its own buff and is tougher to kill. At least that's what I remember

9. Post
    it was Riot usual pre- worlds patching **** up as usual. They heavily nerfed the 2 of the Mid lane champions and took the nerf bat to 3 of the 5 top tier junglers just 2 months out of worlds ( Gragas etc ) leaving Reksai easily the most impactful overall jungler with little weaknesses ( decent jungle clear, zone wide pressure with ultimate, good laning ganking ability, late game tank impact ) , all the other Junglers have exploitable flaws , Lee Sin must get ahead early and MUST pressure the lane, mid to late game he still has a single binary kick or die mechanic but that is about it. Same for Nidalee, heavy farming speed to get ahead, mid game ganking but late game reduced to being a heal bot and finisher without the ability to pressure lanes. The last 2 popular ones , Skarner and whathisname is singular binary champions, average with a single can win ability ( or burst damage for whatshisname , sorry i forget his name )

The same happened to the ADCs, pre worlds , Riot decided to smash down some of the ADCs leaving Jhin the clear late and initiation favourite. Sivir is chosen for late game but more importantly for her speed boost. Lucian is ok overall but just very average. Caitlyn is chosen for siege comps as she has the longest ( is safest ) auto attack for turret taking. She also is a lane bully given the standard lane setup.

ok this is probably all goobly gook to you if you are not familiar with the game yet but basically the reason the small champion pools is because Riot deliberately nerfs and buffs based on selling skins to less used champions outside of the Finals and then nerfs those down for the more popular champs for finals to " encourage" players to buy new champs and skins.

10. Post
    Its more to do with the fact that pro teams have fairly defined priorities in terms of what they need to a team composition to accomplish and who their strong and weak players are. There's also rollover effects from other lanes as well. For example, the addition of Protobelt and the rise of Frozen Mallet/Rylai's Crystal Sceptre was beneficial to a very specific subset of champions - namely Kennen, Rumble and Gnar. Kennen and Gnar's presence as meta pick forced out a lot of melee carries and tanks like Fiora, Shen and Maokai because they lost lane heavily to those champions. It also allowed for the Jayce pick to counter a strong ranged AP top with a strong AD poke top who did well in lane and worked well in poke comps. Suddenly teams were left with only Poppy and perhaps Ekko (nerfed) as a tank in top lane, who are not strong reliable initiators or split pushers and rely almost solely on flanks.

So, we have fewer melee and tank tops, and thus fewer initiation and/or global pressure tools. Instead we get double AP and poke comps, the latter of which is normally susceptible to strong initiators. This predicates a few things. First, either a complimentary or counter-pick jungler, support and AD. For the poke comps, this means champs like Nidalee, Ezreal, Caitlyn, and Syndra who are all able to exert long range poke or zone control, and Nami and Braum in support for their counter-initiation to protect against hard initiators. In response to poke comps, we get hard initiate or pick comps, and thus champions like Sivir, Rumble, Alistar, Olaf, Elise, and Lee Sin. All these champs can either force fights or pick off stragglers around the edge of fights and break up poke comp sieges.

The champions I haven't mentioned are champions who can slot into any type of comp, and these are often the most contested. This is Jhin, who can both set up sieges by forcing a team away from an objective through his ult AND create a pick with the same. Likewise, Karma can both help initiation and stop initiation with her speed boost and slow.

Its more complex than that in reality, of course, depending on other factors like picking for lane pressure, or flex picks, or certain players being stronger and weaker and having pocket picks. The reality is though that champions are picked and banned because they allow for or counter a certain play style, and they are the strongest picks in those situations. What I haven't mentioned is how the pick and ban system in LoL makes pick and ban less diverse than in DOTA - the latter having a snake pick/ban that forces teams to have deeper and more diverse champ pools and team comps.

11. Post
    well as expected c9 got bodied by SSG :/

Jensen really needs better team mates, he is mechanically good enough to be on a real championship team but damn the rest of NA is just average at best. Even Impact who rekted in NA is only at best the 4th or 5th best Top in Korea, neither Sneaky or Meteos would be on any of those teams as they are pretty much silver standard in Korea..

12. Post
    Bot lanes KDA was like 1 27 22. Thats incredible.

Im glad they lost though, was the sweetest Karma for the NA fans being dickheads.

13. Post
    tbh they are all pretty bad as well, the korean, chinese, LPL etc fans.

the main problem for NA etc tho is the money , it is hard to compete against the Korean teams who are backed by Samsung , SKT etc and can spend all their time playing, practising etc where as all the NA teams have to stream just to keep their revenue up . Hopefully the new revenue sharing really helps the Western teams and they have more money to actually play

14. Post
    SKT how resilience and 3-1 RNG . Yeah it is gonna be 3 korean team in the Semis i think LOL.

15. Post
    Looks like its going to be SSG vs SKT in the final at this stage, which I think most people predicted the moment the draw happened.

I called the RNG loss too even after that first match win, RNG are consistent at losing 1 - 3 haha

Hoping EDG/Rox can upset them.

16. Post
    absolute crushing of EDG by Rox despite having a bit of fun in game 3 and not picking meta . SKT vs Rox another worlds repeat

17. Post
    I would love Rox to win after their loss in the final last year.

Peanut is a monster compared to Bengi and Blank too

Deft really needs to go back to the LCK, he's literally being held down by China

18. Post
    Huge money in China tho, some of the insiders have confirmed that only 1-2 individual Koreans like Faker are earning more than the Korean players in Chinese teams.

19. Post
    Can't really blame them for that, they could retire young as **** with the income they make.

My boys H2K about to make Semis, I dont like their chances against SSG but still.

20. Post
    they are playing well against ANX but yeah Samsung will be a completely different boss fight

21. Post
    SKT is championship. LoL

22. Post
    Bengi saves SKT1 AGAIN.. 3 peat dynamic duo Faker Bengi Would champ?

as expected SSG completely outclass H2K. Unable to mount an early lead they get beaten convincingly 3-0. Ryu just went to shit. Oda also overpowered by Cuvee. I did not understand the pick for Fergiven of Sivir given his want to win the 2v2..

will Ambition finally get a World Title? against the the power house of SKT
    Last edited by Bloody; 23rd October 2016 at 2:03 pm.

23. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Bengi saves SKT1 AGAIN.. 3 peat dynamic duo Faker Bengi Would champ?

as expected SSG completely outclass H2K. Unable to mount an early lead they get beaten convincingly 3-0. Ryu just went to shit. Oda also overpowered by Cuvee. I did not understand the pick for Fergiven of Sivir given his want to win the 2v2..

will Ambition finally get a World Title? against the the power house of SKT
    Yeah, Ryu just got demolished and Odoamne, although not as bad as Ryu as he solo'd Cuvee, he just didn't have the timing right and also got camped.

SKT T1 will win.

24. Post
    it was tight, 3 -2 to SKT1 as experience wins thru in the end. Good series

25. Post
    I think it was good the western teams avoid SKT or ROx tbh, SSG is much more straight forward and less cruel. SSG just beat them up in lane and closed the game GG. Rox , SKT1 would have toyed with them, reverse picked their best champs and rekted them hardcore to the point most of them like Ryu will never recover.