1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Phil seems like he'd be pretty great to interview. Glad he's the Xbox man now

I think I'm going to be grabbing an XB1S along with a 4k TV sometime soon so perhaps this whole malarkey has worked well on me. Then the likely progression would be moving the XB1S to my desk setup with a 1080p screen, retiring my Day One Boner and buying the Scorpio for the telly, provided I'm sufficiently impressed with how they fit into the 4k gaming landscape at the time...

3. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    I think I'm going to be grabbing an XB1S along with a 4k TV sometime soon so perhaps this whole malarkey has worked well on me.
    The game upscaler in XB1S is not much better than the one built-in for 4K TVs, so you'd get it mainly for the UHD BD playback?

4. Post
    Yup

5. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Yup
    Inb4 'why do you want BD4K playback BD is dying' malarkey.

FWIW, I'm with you, I'd much rather have the disc than stream a movie. I don't give two hoots about the bandwidth (unlimited) or the speed (fibre).

Any film or TV series I'm a huge fan of I'll still buy the disc/s, there's just something about having a tangible collection.

6. Post
    Fair enough, its worth it if you enjoy replays. Some of us can watch a movie once and its enough

7. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    Inb4 'why do you want BD4K playback BD is dying' malarkey.

FWIW, I'm with you, I'd much rather have the disc than stream a movie. I don't give two hoots about the bandwidth (unlimited) or the speed (fibre).

Any film or TV series I'm a huge fan of I'll still buy the disc/s, there's just something about having a tangible collection.
    Incidentally even with fibre and unlimited bandwidth the visual quality of the picture would still be very degraded (comparatively) while streaming.
    When I get my 4K TV I certainly will not be settling for subpar UHD movies if I can avoid it. We're still a very long way off until uncompressed 4K video and audio will be streamed to anyone let alone viable for mass consumption.

8. Post
    ^ I had actually wondered that, but wasn't prepared to assume and put it in my post for fear of Internet ridicule!

9. Post
    Cheapest 4k player on the market atm