Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    On my admittedly rather beefy rig, I maintained well over 100 frames per second on the highest settings at 1440p resolution.
    Show us your (s)pecs mate.

3. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Show us your (s)pecs mate.

Windows 10
    i5 6600K @4.2
    16 Gb Ripjaw DDR4 @3.2
    GTX1080 (stock)
    Samsung Evo 850 512Gb SSD

4. Post
    If anyone is needing a score for the campaign. I would give it a very solid 8/10. GoW fans may rate it slightly above that. This is campaign only, still too early for an overall package score.

5. Post
    Is the Multi-GPU option available at launch?

6. Post
    Quite jealous. Really wish the normal edition was available yesterday...

7. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    If anyone is needing a score for the campaign. I would give it a very solid 8/10. GoW fans may rate it slightly above that. This is campaign only, still too early for an overall package score.
    Id agree with that score. I really enjoyed the campaign.

8. Post
    Hmm, kinda interested in checking this out (long awaited return to PC etc).

On the other hand Ars called the campaign "one of the worst I've played in years.... probably as bad as Hardline"
    so I might just sit on the fence a while.

9. Post
    You're too early, check the store for the release date

checks the store

theres no release date on there

****ing windows 10

10. Post
    What. wrote:
    You're too early, check the store for the release date

checks the store

theres no release date on there

****ing windows 10
    What? What.
    Name:  gow4.jpg
Views: 2358
Size:  81.7 KB

11. Post
    "This product is installed" seems to replace the launch date. At least on the page which would be most obvious to view since you've already purchased the game. Only pointing it out because I thought the same thing a few days back and had to google the launch days/times.

Edit: in fact, i've just found the page you were on and the launch date is replaced by "You own this product".

12. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    "This product is installed" seems to replace the launch date. At least on the page which would be most obvious to view since you've already purchased the game. Only pointing it out because I thought the same thing a few days back and had to google the launch days/times.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/AQUeEFt.jpg?1[img]

Edit: in fact, i've just found the page you were on and the launch date is replaced by "You own this product".

[img]http://i.imgur.com/c9eIYFi.jpg[img]
    Strange, obviously I have it installed as well and can see the date. On both the standard and ultimate editions

13. Post
    Hey Chris and early access guys, will the story of 4 feel enhanced if you have played Gears 3 right through? I've played Gears 1 twice, Gears 2 twice and only just started Gears 3 then got distracted at launch....might kick out the campaign of that first if it has some story stuff that feels good (also, I've heard it's a good campaign too).

14. Post
    There is a nice prologue with a couple of playable missions that sets the scene, and the outcome of GoW3 is well explained in the game. No need to play GoW3 imo (I havn't)

15. Post
    I heard that there's cross-platform PvP for unranked games. Can you confirm, Chris?

16. Post
    I should probably also point out another issue I had. The windows 10 app store doesn't actually allow you to change the default directory that apps/games are installed to. Which means that for anyone running an SSD for their OS you're going to need enough space to at least download the game first before you can move it (apps can in theory be moved via systems/apps option). So that's 73gig give or take.

That said, apparently there are some registry tweaks you can do to get around this but, i've been unable to get the them working on my machine (shit I can't even get the official "move app/game" option in system/apps to work, error codes for days).

17. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    I should probably also point out another issue I had. The windows 10 app store doesn't actually allow you to change the default directory that apps/games are installed to. Which means that for anyone running an SSD for their OS you're going to need enough space to at least download the game first before you can move it (apps can in theory be moved via systems/apps option). So that's 73gig give or take.

That said, apparently there are some registry tweaks you can do to get around this but, i've been unable to get the them working on my machine (shit I can't even get the official "move app/game" option in system/apps to work, error codes for days).
    Settings - System - Storage - Save Locations

I think that's how I told the app store to install Quantum Break to my D drive

Dumb way to do it but yeah, done through Windows settings rather than through the app store itself

18. Post
    As Skorky said. You can download and install wherever you like, but its all in the main Settings menu. It makes sense once you know its there, but isn't obvious if you were not.

@Eva I've only Co-Oped and Horded with XBO players. I understand that yes you can. This week will be all about MP so as soon as I know I will let you know. Sorry I just dont know right now, and am not home to check.

19. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Settings - System - Storage - Save Locations

I think that's how I told the app store to install Quantum Break to my D drive

Dumb way to do it but yeah, done through Windows settings rather than through the app store itself
    Yea that's the point where i'm hitting error codes. (0x80073d0b). it's still less than ideal and you're going to see plenty of complaints about it if they don't exist already.

Edit: Interesting, so I just bit the bullet and deleted the 73gigs currently installed. Changed the storage location (worked this time) and went to re-download it on the store and now it's asking where I would like to install in the first instance shoot me. Quick google says i'm not the first victim to this as well. Thanks Windows Store.
    Last edited by seanhinton; 10th October 2016 at 1:07 am.

20. Post
    IST wrote:
    Hey Chris and early access guys, will the story of 4 feel enhanced if you have played Gears 3 right through? I've played Gears 1 twice, Gears 2 twice and only just started Gears 3 then got distracted at launch....might kick out the campaign of that first if it has some story stuff that feels good (also, I've heard it's a good campaign too).
    I haven't plays any of the other GOW games, but I feel the prologue got me up to speed with the basics and so far understand where the story is going.

21. Post
    I don't think I've ever played a "shooter" with a controller before, I'm having trouble hitting anything smaller than a truck.

22. Post
    Throbb wrote:
    I don't think I've ever played a "shooter" with a controller before, I'm having trouble hitting anything smaller than a truck.
    Its Gears of War... Most of the character models are the size of a truck

23. Post
    Played the original to death back in the day. Was right up there with Halo for co-op fun. But I always felt it could have been so much more if they'd actually paired it with a really grim hopeless story like the original Resistance. 2 & 3 were even more gung-ho/stupid but I still played 2 quite a bit.

Might give this a crack when it goes cheap.
    Last edited by InvisibleShadow; 10th October 2016 at 10:10 am.

24. Post
    I wish I could install the damn thing

25. Post
    seanhinton wrote:

What in the living ****?

My 35GB spare on my OS SSD isn't up to scratch then... got about 10TB free on every other storage device in the rig though lol... well played MS, you haven't failed to disappoint on at least one front