Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    Except that they continually **** up is just not true. So stop spinning bullshit because you've been inconvenienced.

Have there been issues? Sure. But each one has been a one off, and not repeated. This is the only platform delivery issue I've heard of. So again, CONTEXT!

2. Post
    Anyone know any way to get use of the entire screen playing local co-op? Hate the huge black bars on the sides - can't stand that shit, it's one of my pet peeves in splitscreen gaming.

3. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Except that they continually **** up is just not true. So stop spinning bullshit because you've been inconvenienced.

Have there been issues? Sure. But each one has been a one off, and not repeated. This is the only platform delivery issue I've heard of. So again, CONTEXT!

Man, you're such an apologist. They do constantly **** up. GFWL was a ****up. The Forza delivery and performance was a ****up. The delivery of this was a ****up. The size of the delivery was a ****up.

I'm sorry, but compared to their competitors, they're shit. if I, as a power user, am inconvenienced (and constantly having to nurse the download over the day is inconveniencing), they've got a shit show of getting the casual base to start using their store.

My point is that an organisation of this size, with the resources they have at their disposal, they shouldn't be falling over with the basics of a content delivery platform.

4. Post
    Oh **** off. I am not apologizing. I'm just not kneejerking off and actually trying to look beyond the end of my nose.

GFWL is dead, and not part of this discussion, bringing it up is utterly pointless. Let it go.

Forza was not due to a platform issue, but developer one (and before you start Microsoft Studios is not the same thing as Microsoft's Windows teams). I hope you understand how these mammoth multi-nationals work at least enough to realize this. ReCore on the other hand was fine. And apart from some missing features so was GoW Remastered. Quantum Break is a developer issue, as is evidenced by anyone playing it on Steam, but was also delivered fine!

The Gow4 issue is minor, and while worthy of complaint, bringing up GFWL is utterly moronic.
    I can't even begin to fathom the logistics of their system, and seeing as a lot of people aren't affected its not a systemic failure but something more edge case.

So get some perspective huh. Claims of constant **** ups is just bullshit made so upset gamers can vent. Venting is fine, shit like this shouldn't happen, but it does. The Windows 10 and UWP needs to grow more, but I am willing to give it a reasonable chance before shitting the bed. UWP needs a lot of work, but at least it does work.

5. Post
    /shrugs. I guess I've seen MS get lots of chances - that's my reasoning for bringing up GFWL. Customer perception is key, but hey, if you're happy with their average attempts to 'win back PC gamers', then that's your perogative I guess.

Gabe Newell is probably wondering why he went to the bother of coming up with Steam OS

6. Post
    Want to play this but cbf upgrading to win 10 atm

7. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Anyone know any way to get use of the entire screen playing local co-op? Hate the huge black bars on the sides - can't stand that shit, it's one of my pet peeves in splitscreen gaming.
    Nope, they do that to maintain the 16:9 aspect ratio, unlikely to be changed at this point. I can understand why they'd have it but I don't know anyone who likes it either.

Best split-screen setup I've managed is multi-monitor stacked above each other at 1920x2160 so that I can use a full screen for each player, but the black bars are still there (plus the cutscenes are split in two so it's definitely not ideal)

8. Post
    If anybody is getting the double download error - here's what I did that actually works. I exhausted all other options. Trust me.

Log into windows. Open browser, go to microsoft.com, change password. Open command prompt, type wsreset.exe Immediately log out of windows. Log in with new password Open gears of war 4 Gears will then say it needs update and will open the store Click on the wheel next to gears to update. update starts downloading (close Gears if it is still running)

Edit: I lie. Mine is still broken. The work PC as well as my personal one are having issues. Microsoft store you makin me mad.
    Last edited by 100Club; 12th October 2016 at 8:28 pm.

9. Post
    Had a good crack on this tonight. Awesome fun, the team have done a good job so far. Looks marvellous at 4k and runs really well.

10. Post
    100Club wrote:
    If anybody is getting the double download error - here's what I did that actually works. I exhausted all other options. Trust me.

Log into windows. Open browser, go to microsoft.com, change password. Open command prompt, type wsreset.exe Immediately log out of windows. Log in with new password Open gears of war 4 Gears will then say it needs update and will open the store Click on the wheel next to gears to update. update starts downloading (close Gears if it is still running)

Edit: I lie. Mine is still broken. The work PC as well as my personal one are having issues. Microsoft store you makin me mad.
    Did you try my fix on the previous page?

11. Post
    Also, does anyone feel like grouping up for some horde or vs?

My GT is Seblys

12. Post
    Probably wont get time till the weekend, but keen.
    wallysimmonds99

13. Post
    Yeah add me for some Horde action, my GT is: gurthang117 (yeah it's not 667, I made these accounts ages ago and it's not easy to change it lol)

14. Post
    Added both of you.

Is anyone else struggling to find matches?

15. Post
    Haven't tried yet..

16. Post
    Yeah I'm not sure what the go is. Can't find a single match when I try searching the 'core modes' playlist.

I relented and did social quickplay and that worked.

17. Post

18. Post
    I've been playing this on the Xbox One. This is one smooth looking game. Wish i had a buddy to play it with thou lol

19. Post
    Micro-transactions? Well damn. Was on my list of games to get for the Christmas break but I hate grinding and MTs in a full price game.

20. Post
    This linear corridor shooter game is a 125GB download. I have an unlimited plan but still Jesus that is big!
    seanhinton wrote:
    Is the Multi-GPU option available at launch?
    It's coming in the May patch.

21. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Its funny how people to this day choose to forget just how ****ing terrible all those platforms were in their first few years. Steam was appalling. As was Origin, and its only been the last 12 months where Uplay has been any good, and its still a bit shit.
    Context people, how many times do I have to say it?

Not that this is an excuse, but software is complex. Shit happens.
    The difference between all of your examples and Windows Store is that MS in the past has been proven to be very wishy-washy with their commitment to their PC gaming endeavours and perpetually shitty in their execution. Did GfWL gradually get better? Yes. Did it ever become decent? LOL no. Until the day it died GfWL was smouldering garbage.

UWP is a shitload better than GfWL and it is indeed gradually getting even better. Windows Store on the hand is still the same old garbage mobile centric storefront with awful discoverability that it had been 5 years ago initially with Windows 8.

Windows Phone bombed harder than Wii U, clearly their attempts at trying to get desktop Windows users to adopt it with cross-platform incentives failed. Windows Store should be overhauled into a fully blown Steam clone already.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 3rd May 2017 at 3:15 pm.

22. Post
    I was half way through writing a post about how there was still no MGPU support and, apparently, it has just come out.

I'd given up hope since there was no word on it this whole time (outside of pre-launch stuff).

23. Post
    Playing this ATM, the campaign is lit. Exciting set-pieces, rock solid gameplay, stunning visuals at a constant 60fps. The shoehorned-in Horde mode mission can bugger off though, such lazy game design - it's like I'm playing some dated CoD campaign.

People complain about the story being trash. I counter that with the stories in this series have always been shit, so what's new?