Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Postalonyou wrote:
    This was some great infor on the early psvr vs oculus vs htc. It actually sways me to look a little harder at psvr. I was rather waiting for oculus and htc to see where I would go
    I am however alarmed at your use of the neverhillary stupidity that really didn't need to be in your article. They both suck. Now get on with the article. You never had to add this useless political hack stuff. I only care about the products. We would probably all be pretty pissed if we knew what some of the people involved in these projects believed or were their money went politically
    Btw- didn't Hillary team up with tipper gore (bill Clinton's Vp/ al's wife ) to try to Legislate control over video games and lyrics on records etc!?!? Why yes I believe she did.

Again, I really liked the article. The political crap was cheapened the writing of the comparison. Again, they both suck!
    I really like the website but don't come here for politics.
    wut

2. Post
    I'm extremely happy that VR is a thing right now and was even happier that PSVR was relatively affordable which made me an early adopter. I grew up in the 80's and 90's when shows like Star Trek TNG were on and were predicting future gadgets that at the time we could only dream about. Though still in it's infancy we are one step closer to a holodeck and IMO that is awesome!

I agree though that it is a fair bit of money to spend when there is yet to be a true AAA killer app to be made but for now I myself am quite content experiencing some simplistic games in a whole new way.

3. Post
    Personally I'm fricking excited to see how the art world is using it/ I follow this comic book artist on instagram, pretty young dude from the US, and he recently started painting in VR. If you have the inclination, check out his recent videos of him painting in VR and videos of camera strolling thru a VR Painting file: https://www.instagram.com/sutueatsflies/

I can't wait for the ability to fly thru VR art, especially since you can animate things as well.

4. Post
    Psymmetry wrote:
    Personally I'm fricking excited to see how the art world is using it/ I follow this comic book artist on instagram, pretty young dude from the US, and he recently started painting in VR. If you have the inclination, check out his recent videos of him painting in VR and videos of camera strolling thru a VR Painting file: https://www.instagram.com/sutueatsflies/

I can't wait for the ability to fly thru VR art, especially since you can animate things as well.
    That is really cool. You've gotten me interested in what we're going to see in the coming months.

5. Post
    It is way too expensive atm to really take off imo.

6. Post
    I returned my psvr on day two because it was just too low resolution. 1k X 1k on a huge screen area turned anything in the distance into a blob. A future vr display with full 1080p in each eye will be awesome. Used part of my store credit from the return on a 48" Veon tv, its got way lower latency than the samsung 32" i was using (even in pc mode), I had no nausea issues and the 3d was incredible, particually on rigs and driveclub, but the low resolution turned out to be a deal breaker . I will wait for the next generation of vr.

7. Post
    its a bit sad they VR is so bad quality wise early on, but early adopters money is required to invest in enhancements

even 1080p per eye is too low. the problem is not only the screen gets stretched, but the pixels are only only a few cm from the eye.

You need about 2k (1440p) resolution per eye minimum to start producing an image quality that is comparable to the experience you would get from a monitor

Hardware to drive it exists, the headsets though are not. Waiting for gen 2 is a good idea, you're going to get much higher resolution and wireless headsets

If VR is really your thing, you'd be better off waiting for a Gen 2 headset and also grabbing a $1000 graphics card for a PC

8. Post
    I'm pretty gobsmacked at how terrible the early stuff is. I watch reviews of people playing 'games' and I have mostly stopped watching, midway through the gameplay, its so bad.
    I'm sure its only a matter of time, all the more reason to wait. or you might end up with an atari jaguar

9. Post
    Okay this is about PS VR. But can you play games like Hatsune Miku Project Diva X without the PS VR. As I not sure how good VR is? And I can't afford one anyways.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk