Nintendo Switch (aka NX)

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 1,426 to 1,433 of 1433

1. Post
    I don't see why not, the PlayStation forum has separate threads.

2. Post
    ^ If you build it, they will come

3. Post
    frio wrote:
    Yeah, I thought that too, but this thread's pretty massive which might indicate some desire. I miss having a decent community around gaming in NZ .

Is there some Discord or something that people congregate on these days?
    Not aware of anything like that. I think part of the reason could be the Switches online friend list method. The lack of messaging system makes it harder on the Switch to coordinate matches. Paired with the bizarre voice chat set up required - I've not even bothered with it. Perhaps we also need a thread to list our current games and interest for teaming up?

From where I sit I normally only have 1-3 friends on, however looking at the friend / ID thread I'm not sure I've actually added all of you so will go through and have a look + add spam later.

And hell yes to more gaming threads - though I'm totally conscious of the current posts showing for me, 3 of them were created by me and don't want to spam up the forum. Might have to create a Splatoon 2 thread though, the online is delicious fun.

4. Post
    Great news! https://www.nintendo.com/switch/system-update/

Improvements Included in Version 4.0.0

Video capture for select games
    New profile icons featuring characters from the Super Mario Odyssey™ game and The Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild game
    Transfer user profiles and save data to another system
    Pre-purchase option is available for certain games on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch
    full notes including supported games here: http://en-americas-support.nintendo....id/22525/p/897

So it records the past 30 seconds, pretty smart!

Last edited by Crow#Zero; 19th October 2017 at 1:56 pm.

5. Post
    MK8 has updated:

Version 1.3.0
    - Video capture compatibility added. Hold the Capture Button to capture up to 30 seconds of the previous footage.
    The system must be updated to Ver 4.0.0 or higher to use this feature.
    - Now more difficult to float down using the glider when Smart Steering is ON.
    - Blue Shells no longer hit the second place player when the first place player hasn’t yet crossed the finish line.
    - Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing.
    - Changes made to Online Play prior to Ver.1.2.1 now apply to Wireless Play and LAN Play as well:
    When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players.
    No more than one Piranha Plant will appear at a time.
    Updating to Ver 1.3.0 will prevent users from Wireless Play or LAN Play with users on Ver.1.2.1 or lower.
    "Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing." + "When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players."

Possibly a massive shift in balance here. I've barely touched the game since launch, super keen to jump back into Ranked now. (edit.. apparently these were already applied to ranked)

6. Post
    Ah yeah usually although when you're quite far back it's quite hard to catch the guys near the front.

7. Post
    This may finally fix the first or last feature. Being in the middle of the pack is a real shit in MK8. On the other hand it might make it worse.

8. Post
    Just for those wanting a cheaper alternative to the official docks, the Nyko portable dock has released recently.

https://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Portable...ko+switch+dock

at $45USD it's not bad compared to the standard RRP for the official dock here.

word of caution though, there have been reports that the USB-C port has damaged the Switch consoles USBC port and meant charging doesn't work. could possibly only affect a small number of units as with newly released tech.