Nintendo Switch

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2684

1. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:
    Then my Switch's fan decided to stop working, so every 20 minutes it would overheat and turn itself off. I've sent off my whole console to Ninty AU to hopefully fix. Thank god it happened within 12 months of purchasing.
    daaaamn that sounds awful. Going to be paranoid of my launch day Switch overheating now :/

WarZoner wrote:
    So who's getting the yet another port of a Wii U game Super Mario Bros Deluxe coming out on the 11th? I prolly won't bother with it as I don't really like 2D platformers. (tend to frustrate me to no end lol)
    Nah not me. Played a little bit on a Wii U I borrowed a while ago and doesn't interest me at all.

Honestly I'm not overly excited for the majority of the big Switch games due this year. Pokemon for sure, Metroid would be good to see this year, and I'm intrigued by Town. There's an indie kind of Skyrim / anime game due at some stage as well that looks great but haven't heard anything in a while.

Definitely keen on Tales of Vesperia end of this month. I'm nearing the end of YS VIII and Dark Souls so should be ready to get stuck in.

2. Post
    Dragon's Dogma DA announced for Switch.

I have the game on PS4. It's great, never finished but fully intend to one day.

Also there should be a new booster pack(s) for Binding of Isaac due today or tomorrow. Been ages since I've played this but still one of my favorite games of all time.

Here's how to unlock the new character unless you want to figure it out for yourself (I'm impatient lol)

Spoiler:

3. Post
    new trailer for Yoshi's crafted world and release date announcement of march 29th

4. Post
    Is there any gameplay for it yet?

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Is there any gameplay for it yet?
    yes from last year there was a trailer that had gameplay and this 30 mins from a treehouse livestream towards the end of last year

6. Post
    Not sure of the total sales but it has been announced that monster boy on switch is outselling every other platform combined 8 to 1

https://twitter.com/FDG_Games/status...16029783064578

7. Post
    Humble Store Now Selling Switch Games

This is pretty cool albeit US only. But for those that love indie games, no doubt a switch bundle is destined in the future full of indie titles.

8. Post
    Fortuna (Warframe content) has been submitted to Nintendo. Hopefully should be seeing it within the next few weeks (I have NFI how long it all takes)

Finished YS VIII last night, overall didn't really enjoy it. The story was kinda interesting and even though I love me some free roam open world exploration and combat I never really felty connected with it. Some of the characters annoyed the hell out of me. But my goal was to finish it before Tales of Vesperia which launches tomorrow so looking forward to that one.

9. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Fortuna (Warframe content) has been submitted to Nintendo. Hopefully should be seeing it within the next few weeks (I have NFI how long it all takes)

Finished YS VIII last night, overall didn't really enjoy it. The story was kinda interesting and even though I love me some free roam open world exploration and combat I never really felty connected with it. Some of the characters annoyed the hell out of me. But my goal was to finish it before Tales of Vesperia which launches tomorrow so looking forward to that one.
    Y VIII was sorta like that for me. I took a massive break from it as I was getting frustrated with how the map system didn't really work too well.

I'm trying to decide if I should grab Travis strikes back or the Onimusha remaster game that doesn't seem to be getting released in NZ.

10. Post
    Onimusha isn't getting released in NZ?!
    SHIT. I loved all of them and was really looking forward to playing through Warlords again.

11. Post
    Pulley wrote:
    Humble Store Now Selling Switch Games

This is pretty cool albeit US only. But for those that love indie games, no doubt a switch bundle is destined in the future full of indie titles.
    Presumably the codes are redeemed via the US e-shop, so no real downside eh

12. Post
    Gazza-Max wrote:
    Onimusha isn't getting released in NZ?!
    SHIT. I loved all of them and was really looking forward to playing through Warlords again.
    I'll prolly just order it from amazon for 19.99 US if I remember correctly.

13. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Presumably the codes are redeemed via the US e-shop, so no real downside eh
    Yup exactly. So not really a deal breaker considering majority of us have US accounts. Probably easier to buy from Humble Bundle as well given you do not need US credit cards to purchase with.

14. Post
    Pulley wrote:
    Yup exactly. So not really a deal breaker considering majority of us have US accounts. Probably easier to buy from Humble Bundle as well given you do not need US credit cards to purchase with.
    Yeah although I just went to the store and clicked the Nintendo banner and nothing happened, so it may be geoblocked at the site level

15. Post
    Yeah itís geo blocked. I jumped on my us VPN and took a look, similar prices to the regular us store anyway.

16. Post
    Finished Dark Souls on the weekend including the DLC (didn't touch the PVP modes tho), damn I still adore that game, so glad I grabbed it on Switch.

Back to the Binding of Isaac grind. Was all keen to unlock the new character until I read the prerequisites for unlocking it so yeaaaah I have some work to put in lol.

Tales of Vesperia is pretty good but it just hasn't quite grabbed me yet. I like the characters and the world seems interesting but much like Berseria I just don't really feel connected to the combat. Infact sometimes I just put it on auto and browse forums n stuff lol.

data-miners have discovered 22 SNES titles planned for Switch https://twitter.com/KapuccinoHeck/st...81635586146304

Spoiler:

17. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    data-miners have discovered 22 SNES titles planned for Switch https://twitter.com/KapuccinoHeck/st...81635586146304

Spoiler:
    About time. Was only waiting for Super Mario World. My fav Mario of ALL TIME combined with a Link to the Past. Hopefully these are added to the switch NES classics that come with online Sub!

18. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Back to the Binding of Isaac grind. Was all keen to unlock the new character until I read the prerequisites for unlocking it so yeaaaah I have some work to put in lol.
    You haven't beaten the Lamb?

I managed to spawn the broken shovel but got smashed a couple of floors in - the constant stomps are pretty brutal, probably should have done it on normal difficulty. Haven't finished all the tick marks for the other characters though, so still plenty of stuff to unlock.

19. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    You haven't beaten the Lamb?

I managed to spawn the broken shovel but got smashed a couple of floors in - the constant stomps are pretty brutal, probably should have done it on normal difficulty. Haven't finished all the tick marks for the other characters though, so still plenty of stuff to unlock.
    yeah only beaten satan once (last night)

20. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    yeah only beaten satan once (last night)
    Man the rabbit hole goes sooo much deeper.

Tip for faster progression: the 'normal' unlocks are also unlocked in 'hard' mode, so you may as well just man up and play in hard mode.

21. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Man the rabbit hole goes sooo much deeper.

Tip for faster progression: the 'normal' unlocks are also unlocked in 'hard' mode, so you may as well just man up and play in hard mode.
    I used to only ever play in hard until i got back into it yesterday and forgotten a lot of the enemy patterns. So yeah will play on hard from now on.

22. Post
    I unlocked The Forgotten the other day, Mom's feet dropping down on you constantly part is really difficult! I did it with old faithful Azazel - I don't even want to think how much more difficult it would be doing it with someone without flight! Being able to move where ever constantly is a must to fight and still be able to dodge that crap.

23. Post
    Yeah I rely too heavily on Azazel (tho I managed my first Satan kill with him after many failed attempts with Cain) so.. yeah Azazel is bestboi lol

24. Post
    Has anyone tried Civ VI for Switch?

I've never played a Civ game (not a PC gamer) but this looks like something I would like so I am tempted.

25. Post
    Mushtaq wrote:
    Has anyone tried Civ VI for Switch?

I've never played a Civ game (not a PC gamer) but this looks like something I would like so I am tempted.
    Yeah, I have it. I have never played a Civ game previously, and it's pretty fun. It controls pretty damn well between the touch screens and good button mapping, but it is one hell of a daunting game - I still feel like I don't have much idea of what I'm doing other than just rushing to build alliances then teching up hard.

Only thing to be aware of is that the load times are absolutely brutal.