Nintendo Switch

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3200

1. Post
    Warframe Fortuna update should be added any time now. Warframe posted the official 'Available now' trailer a bit early and since removed it.

I just can't get into the game tho, given it 2 good shots on PS4 and Switch. Maybe Fortuna will pique my interest again. Hope so coz I want to love the game, but I just don't feel at all 'connected' to the combat.

2. Post
    I would be surprised if it was that early since it only just went into Nintendo certification yesterday but yeah over the next few weeks expect fortuna part 1 to drop for switch.

3. Post
    esoj wrote:
    I would be surprised if it was that early since it only just went into Nintendo certification yesterday but yeah over the next few weeks expect fortuna part 1 to drop for switch.
    I've reinstalled in preparation anyway.

Wargroove looking good, 86 on MC right now, out tomorrow https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...critic-reviews

DarkSiders Warmastered edition pretty much confirmed for Switch as well (another trailer that was posted then quickly deleted)

4. Post
    I've decided to pick up Travis Strikes Again even if reviews aren't too good. Should have a couple of laughs with it at least.

5. Post
    Have been looking at getting a Switch for a while but can not understand how JBHifi can sell them in Australia for $397 and here for $517

Like WTF i know we get screwed in NZ but really.

6. Post
    Nah yea, the prices in Oz have always been pretty good purely cause of decent competition between their shops like Big W/ Target/ JB etc.

They actually have $60aud for games on release very often and even slightly cheaper by a couple bucks by some of the stores mentioned above.

Could always just take a holiday in Oz and pick up a Switch on the way back :P (and possibly claim back GST but I can't remember what the threshold is before you can take advantage of it).

@Crow#Zero iirc it is actually Feb 2nd for us when it comes to WarGroove (was checking out the price for the eshop and think I saw that) - $29 or so on release iirc.

7. Post
    JAFA wrote:
    @Crow#Zero iirc it is actually Feb 2nd for us when it comes to WarGroove (was checking out the price for the eshop and think I saw that) - $29 or so on release iirc.
    ah poop you're right. Infact I knew it was the 2nd but the public holiday in auck this week got my days shook. Very strange for a release date to be a Saturday tho.

I'm probably going to pick Dragon Marked for Death.

only thing is that the purchase method is a bit weird.. you have to choose between 2 copies which contain 2 characters each. If you want the other 2 characters you have to buy them in game. Each copy is $15 USD. It's not on the NZ eshop for preorder. But the game looks pretty decent with online co-op for quests n stuff.
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 31st January 2019 at 4:18 pm.

8. Post
    JAFA wrote:
    Nah yea, the prices in Oz have always been pretty good purely cause of decent competition between their shops like Big W/ Target/ JB etc.

They actually have $60aud for games on release very often and even slightly cheaper by a couple bucks by some of the stores mentioned above.

Could always just take a holiday in Oz and pick up a Switch on the way back :P (and possibly claim back GST but I can't remember what the threshold is before you can take advantage of it).

Funny you should say that, will be in Adelaide early April and the threshold is $300AUD from the same store.

9. Post
    gikar wrote:
    Funny you should say that, will be in Adelaide early April and the threshold is $300AUD from the same store.
    lol nice one gikar, may as well buy all your games there too (unless you prefer digital).

10. Post
    JAFA wrote:
    lol nice one gikar, may as well buy all your games there too (unless you prefer digital).
    Going to borrow the daughters one and make sure its what i want first but that is the plan

11. Post
    Also remember to pick up a pro controller those tiny buttons!

12. Post
    gikar wrote:
    Have been looking at getting a Switch for a while but can not understand how JBHifi can sell them in Australia for $397 and here for $517

Looks like there is some possibility gamestop/ebgames could go bankrupt this year - they have being trying hard to get someone to buy them out and provide financing but no one wants to touch them with a 10ft pole and they are running out of options to keep the business going. Their share price recently dropped 30% on this news

So if that goes through, look for deep closing down sales coming

This is why

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Looks like there is some possibility gamestop/ebgames could go bankrupt this year - they have being trying hard to get someone to buy them out and provide financing but no one wants to touch them with a 10ft pole and they are running out of options to keep the business going. Their share price recently dropped 30% on this news

So if that goes through, look for deep closing down sales coming

This is why

Hence possibly why the Zing side is more prominent is many stores now. Makes perfect sense.

14. Post
    Get the switch physical games from MightyApe AU and have them shipped to NZ. Still comes from Silverdale and most end up being about $30nzd cheaper due to the exchange rate.

15. Post
    gikar wrote:

I believe it's because NZ doesn't have a Nintendo distributor. Nintendo give 0 ****s about NZ as a market. So we get all our stock from Australia.

I *think*.

16. Post
    we used to have one ages ago I think (monaco sth) but yea Rii is right for how things are atm

17. Post
    Interesting, I might get the Switch from Aus sent to my parents in the GC and they can send it over.

Even if I get hit with gst/duties it still works out significantly cheaper than NZ

18. Post
    defiant wrote:
    Interesting, I might get the Switch from Aus sent to my parents in the GC and they can send it over.

Even if I get hit with gst/duties it still works out significantly cheaper than NZ
    I'm not sure what you're rights are when making a warranty claim. Might be a logistical nightmare sending it back and having your parents handle it.

19. Post
    That's the risk I'll have to take to save a few $

We visit regularly enough that if required it can just wait till we're over there for me to deal with a warranty issue

20. Post
    gikar wrote:
    Hence possibly why the Zing side is more prominent is many stores now. Makes perfect sense.
    Mightyape used to only sell physical games
    But Egor was smart enough to see the writing on the wall - that’s why mightyape became New Zealand’s Amazon

When’s physical product can be delivered instantly over the internet then eventually stores that only sell physical die out. Good on Mightyape for diversifying into other physical products

21. Post
    super smash bros ultimate sold 12 million in one month. just over 32 millions switches sold worldwide as of december 31st last year

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/fin...are/index.html

22. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    DarkSiders Warmastered edition pretty much confirmed for Switch as well (another trailer that was posted then quickly deleted)
    it's official https://twitter.com/darksiders/statu...73976191533061 April 2

23. Post
    Well after putting Tales of vesperia in the to be played later stage. I've started playing Travis Strikes Again. Game takes ages to get used to. But it is quite fun and has some pretty funny parts. It also has a kick ass soundtrack to boot!

24. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Mightyape used to only sell physical games
    But Egor was smart enough to see the writing on the wall - thatís why mightyape became New Zealandís Amazon

Whenís physical product can be delivered instantly over the internet then eventually stores that only sell physical die out. Good on Mightyape for diversifying into other physical products
    Were they the guys who used to be on Dominion Rd about 15 years ago? That was a great shop.

25. Post
    Gazza-Max wrote:
    Were they the guys who used to be on Dominion Rd about 15 years ago? That was a great shop.
    Yeah 184 Dominion Road