Nintendo Switch

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3270

1. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    Very strong Scott Pilgrim vs the world vibes (which totally needs to get re-released on PC and switch!)
    Yeah It's the spiritual successor to River City Rampage on NES (which itself is the English localisation of it's Japanese counterpart).

It's a real cool brawler with RPG elements, shops you can buy new moves from (including chun-li style kicks etc.) and nods to other games, hell even one of the bosses is straight from double dragon!

I'm really enjoying it, and you can even unlock other fighters by completing the main story. Now I just need a player two, my son's not quite old enough yet

2. Post
    I grabbed DOS2 from the US eshop. Worked out to be around $80 nzd. 10gb download so had to make some room.

3. Post
    Been playing Astral Chain Damn it's good. Epic action with a kick ass soundtrack. (gameplay takes a bit getting used to) I think the Japanese voice suits it better but it's still not perfectly lip synched so not to sure if I should go back to English or not.
    Last edited by WarZoner; 11th September 2019 at 3:27 pm.

4. Post
    anyone picking up Daemon X Machina? wouldn't mind some online co-op action if you fine fellas are keen

- - - Updated - - -

Dark_Hadou wrote:
    Yeah It's the spiritual successor to River City Rampage on NES (which itself is the English localisation of it's Japanese counterpart).

It's a real cool brawler with RPG elements, shops you can buy new moves from (including chun-li style kicks etc.) and nods to other games, hell even one of the bosses is straight from double dragon!

I'm really enjoying it, and you can even unlock other fighters by completing the main story. Now I just need a player two, my son's not quite old enough yet
    how long is the game? i saw it on the Nintendo Store and its like $50+

5. Post
    onizero wrote:
    anyone picking up Daemon X Machina? wouldn't mind some online co-op action if you fine fellas are keen
    Not me I tried the demo a while ago. It looked cool but didn't play terribly well for me.

6. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    I grabbed DOS2 from the US eshop. Worked out to be around $80 nzd. 10gb download so had to make some room.
    Yeesh - I'll pass on that for now. $80 is too much for my blood.

Got Child of Light the other night. Was only $15 or so for the ultimate edition. Seems really poorly optimized. FPS fluctuates (to what feels like) between 60 and sub 30 depending what area you're in. Sub 30 makes the game feel like you're running through molasses with really poor response times.

Overall I love the game and the RPG combat with puzzle solving but the 'every line of dialogue has to rhyme' actually makes a mockery of the story telling. It's become cringe and off-putting, like, is this really the best way to tell the story?

7. Post
    Got my Skull and Co grip case and tempered glass screen protector yesterday. happy to announce that having both installed i was able to dock without any issues. I'm on the new revised switch. Ordered on the 3rd this month and arrived on the 11th. Shipment from China (based on their online tracking)

8. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Not me I tried the demo a while ago. It looked cool but didn't play terribly well for me.
    that's a shame. hopefully the will update it more once / before the game comes out. i quite enjoy it but feel like it would be better played co-op

9. Post
    onizero wrote:
    Got my Skull and Co grip case and tempered glass screen protector yesterday. happy to announce that having both installed i was able to dock without any issues. I'm on the new revised switch. Ordered on the 3rd this month and arrived on the 11th. Shipment from China (based on their online tracking)
    That sucks (for me).

I ordered on the 3rd as well. Emailed them yesterday and said what's up, it's still tracking as 'in transit from china'.

They just replied with:

The latest tracking info shows your parcel has been sent to NEW ZEALAND.
    No worries, the fulfillment company said it is now still in transit.

Barring possible delays, shipping usually takes 7-20 business days.
    We will keep an eye on your parcel and let you know once we hear anything.

We kindly seek your understanding that this is International Air Parcel, not Express Courier, so the tracking information is only periodically updated. The parcels move between different postal companies in different countries, so if the mailman is not diligent in scanning the parcels, new tracking information is not updated to the system. We have even seen cases where tracking info is only updated after the parcel has been delivered.

10. Post
    Rii wrote:
    That sucks (for me).

I ordered on the 3rd as well. Emailed them yesterday and said what's up, it's still tracking as 'in transit from china'.

They just replied with:
    all good, sounds to me like any day now. i might get their dock / jumpgate. might also get the thumb grips

11. Post

12. Post
    looking forward to that remake but i know its pcmasteracey but im still waiting to hear if its a solid 60fps as i personally cant stand 30fps games which was present in the previous E3 builds when outside (but 60fps inside homes/ builidings etc)

30fps is what turned me off botw tbh

13. Post
    JAFA wrote:
    looking forward to that remake but i know its pcmasteracey but im still waiting to hear if its a solid 60fps as i personally cant stand 30fps games which was present in the previous E3 builds when outside (but 60fps inside homes/ builidings etc)

30fps is what turned me off botw tbh
    Sadly, you can actually play BoTW on a PC with 60fps no problems. I still enjoy the first half of BoTW even with it's less than stellar framerate

14. Post
    i know

15. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Hearing a Princess speak with an American accent seems very wrong.

16. Post
    damn, i thought that ALTTP HD game was legit

17. Post
    onizero wrote:

- - - Updated - - -

how long is the game? i saw it on the Nintendo Store and its like $50+
    I've been playing it for over 10 hours now and haven't completed the first run through - YMMV though, I like to take my time and explore, and look at stuff. Music in this game is real high quality, soundtrack is on spotify if you want to have a listen. There's a couple things you need to figure out as a player too that the game doesn't tell you (regarding game mechanics)

18. Post
    Name:  Annotation 2019-09-14 222008.png
Views: 214
Size:  18.9 KB

better hurry guys, unless they will reproduce this

19. Post
    Looking forward to these!

20. Post
    Hey Crow, how'd you go about buying games from the US Eshop?

21. Post
    So, going to buy a switch today as I NEED links awakening on Friday :P
    is it worth grabbing a switch light over the standard version? Are there any benefits to the TV version? (Other than being able to play on TV)

I found with my Wii U, due to having a wife and kids I played lots of games on the Wii U Pad controller screen. Definitely feel like I'm more of a handheld Nintendo user.

Thanks,

22. Post
    I think you should get the latest Switch revision. As with the Lite you might get stuck with stick drift and no way of fixing it. What's cool with the switch you can play anyway you like.

Man I never realized Astral Chain was more of a Action RPG than a full on Action game like with their other games. 12 to 13 hours into the game and i'm a little more than halfway in the game lol

23. Post
    M0F0 wrote:
    So, going to buy a switch today as I NEED links awakening on Friday :P
    is it worth grabbing a switch light over the standard version? Are there any benefits to the TV version? (Other than being able to play on TV)

I found with my Wii U, due to having a wife and kids I played lots of games on the Wii U Pad controller screen. Definitely feel like I'm more of a handheld Nintendo user.

Thanks,
    I was considering this and went with the revision 2 Switch.. drift was an issue in my decision but also having the option to dock was too much to pass up.
    The Lite really does strike me as being marketed to those who already have a Switch and want one as a second unit.

24. Post
    The revised Switch also has a longer lasting battery than the Lite.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/nintendo...he-difference/

25. Post
    I would go for the option of picking up the revised switch just for the fact that you have an additional way to play when it's docked as well as playing in hand held mode.