Nintendo Switch

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3336

1. Post
    Puk wrote:
    How is the font size in handheld mode? Easily readable?
    I did go into the game with this concern after hearing about it. Hasn't been an issue. Can take a photo of the UI if you like to give some context.

2. Post
    Font size was also a worry of mine initially but it’s been fine. The font size on PS4 is one of the reasons I didn’t play it much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Post
    Gazza-Max wrote:
    Font size was also a worry of mine initially but it’s been fine. The font size on PS4 is one of the reasons I didn’t play it much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thx! Guess I’m picking this up as I loved the game but couldn’t play long with the small fonts.

4. Post
    Luigi's Mansion 3 just arrived within 7 days from NZgameshop. I think Nzpost and the air mail team is picking up their game in terms of delivery speed. Should be a good fun game to play while resting from the cardio workout that Ring Fit Adventure gives out lol

5. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Luigi's Mansion 3 just arrived within 7 days from NZgameshop. I think Nzpost and the air mail team is picking up their game in terms of delivery speed. Should be a good fun game to play while resting from the cardio workout that Ring Fit Adventure gives out lol
    might have to get that one.

6. Post
    Some good deals at https://www.catch.co.nz/search?query...rch_src=topbar but have to pay shipping. Waiting for Pokemon to release so I can combine shipping with Yoshi.

7. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    Some good deals at https://www.catch.co.nz/search?query...rch_src=topbar but have to pay shipping. Waiting for Pokemon to release so I can combine shipping with Yoshi.

Great prices but it's a drop shipper right? Good prices if you don't mind waiting - for instance if you buy Pokémon sword/shield now it says ETA sending the game to you is 18 business days - that's almost a month and the game launches in 5 days.

8. Post
    Luigi's Mansion 3 is kinda cool. You can tell it's geared towards a slightly younger audience sucking up ghosts with puzzles. The only issue I have with it is the oddish controls. It looks pretty darned good on TV mode. (I haven't really given it a big enough go in portable mode)

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Great prices but it's a drop shipper right? Good prices if you don't mind waiting - for instance if you buy Pokémon sword/shield now it says ETA sending the game to you is 18 business days - that's almost a month and the game launches in 5 days.
    I think 18 business days is a reasonable time frame for shipping via drop shipping.

10. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Luigi's Mansion 3 is kinda cool. You can tell it's geared towards a slightly younger audience sucking up ghosts with puzzles. The only issue I have with it is the oddish controls. It looks pretty darned good on TV mode. (I haven't really given it a big enough go in portable mode)
    Did you know you can use the bumpers as well I found that made things easier to manage

11. Post
    The Warehouse are doing a buy one get one 50% off deal, so if you have someone to go halves with, you can get the new Pokemon games for $75 each.

12. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    The Warehouse are doing a buy one get one 50% off deal, so if you have someone to go halves with, you can get the new Pokemon games for $75 each.
    This deal ends in 2 hours at midnight lol, if the website is to be believed

13. Post
    Luigi's mansion arrived, already has an update I have to download. GG

14. Post
    Overdrive_5000 wrote:
    Did you know you can use the bumpers as well I found that made things easier to manage
    Since my house was flooded yesterday. I've been playing LM 3 alot in Portable mode for some reason it seems to play a little better. I've gotten used to the face button layout. It's more the aiming controls are a bit odd but I think it's just designed that way..

15. Post
    Of course I would lose my Switch controller the week Pokemon drops. FFS. LOL.

16. Post
    Decided to pick up Daemon X Machina today. I kinda liked the slightly clunky demo I played a wee while ago. I'll start on it later this arvo. I've noticed most of my gaming this year has been on the Switch. Aside from a couple of the other major titles like Fallen Order etc..

17. Post
    Been playing X machina man the story is a bit of a mess. but damn it feels pretty smooth as compared to the clunky demo. It's still pretty confusing with all the different parts you gotta pick up. I can only play 2 or 3 missions before having a break due to how almost every single mission is pretty much the same.

18. Post
    I'm getting really concerned with how many ports seem to make it on the eShop with minimal quality control.

I got Grip today and it's god awful. Sub 30FPS with muddy textures. Ate my losses and got Fast RMX and it's gorgeous and insanely smooth.

Of my games; Child of Light, Rime and Grip perform so ****ing bad I'm ****ed off that they're allowed to be sold on the eShop.

19. Post
    Rii wrote:
    I'm getting really concerned with how many ports seem to make it on the eShop with minimal quality control.

I got Grip today and it's god awful. Sub 30FPS with muddy textures. Ate my losses and got Fast RMX and it's gorgeous and insanely smooth.

Of my games; Child of Light, Rime and Grip perform so ****ing bad I'm ****ed off that they're allowed to be sold on the eShop.
    Research before you buy in future? Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż Switch is a popular console so people often post comparison videos for popular multi-plats.

Atelier Ryza has a good Switch port. Runs at a stable 30fps undocked and looks decent. There's likely minimal differences to PS4 version, but I haven't looked into it. Having a stylised animu aesthetic goes a long way. I'll probably re-buy the game on PC at some point for mods.

20. Post
    No one does quality control these days for published games on their platform

All platforms from Steam to Nintendo/Sony/microsoft sell game which are buggy messes with terrible performance

21. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Research before you buy in future? Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż Switch is a popular console so people often post comparison videos for popular multi-plats.

Atelier Ryza has a good Switch port. Runs at a stable 30fps undocked and looks decent. There's likely minimal differences to PS4 version, but I haven't looked into it. Having a stylised animu aesthetic goes a long way. I'll probably re-buy the game on PC at some point for mods.
    Agreed, a little bit of research can go a long way.

I'm also very happy with how Atelier Ryza runs on the Switch, and with the game in general.

22. Post
    Wheres the best place to pick up a Switch console?
    I'm looking to get one and a game for my son.

Aiming to get it before Dec 12 if possible so overseas options could be a goer.

Is it likely a console will have a black friday deal?

23. Post
    TatonkaBill wrote:
    Wheres the best place to pick up a Switch console?
    I'm looking to get one and a game for my son.

Aiming to get it before Dec 12 if possible so overseas options could be a goer.

Is it likely a console will have a black friday deal?
    Do you want a full switch or switch lite?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

24. Post
    The bigger deals on consoles have usually come Boxing Day. Black Friday sales in NZ have usually been underwhelming...

25. Post
    Might buy my GF a lite. She's never gamed before and after finding Stardew Valley on my Switch it's been hard to play anything on it.