Nintendo Switch

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 3,276 to 3,283 of 3283

1. Post
    Sting wrote:
    As far as I'm aware, despite what they say, they have/will increase their prices slightly to cover the extra bullshit cost. I don't think you have to pay it, I don't think that is how this particular bullshit is supposed to work, it's up to the seller to sort it.

Several weeks back I noticed the prices increase slightly on the site, I know because I had a bunch of things I was watching wanting to get, then the price had gone up. It's possible they already added the increase or that may have just been general exchange rate changes though.
    That's not how customs taxes works though. Unless nzgs slaps an extra tax docket for every single game they send out with calculated tax payments that match their hike in website prices. Pretty sure they don't care enough to go to all that trouble. They'll continue to sell at a competitive price though. What will happen, is that packages arrive at customs and they will see that it's come from overseas, then they contact you the recipient to pay the tax.

2. Post
    Anyone playing Doraemon Story of Seasons? I'm a long time fan of Harvest Moon and grew up watching Doraemon cartoons. I'm a bit addicted to this game.

3. Post
    Those switch game vouchers might become the cheapest option for eligible games if they stick around, and assuming you have online.

Currently you get 2x for just under $150 (so ~75 per) + you get like 5% of that back in gold points.

https://ec.nintendo.com/NZ/en/pretickets/70020000000081

4. Post
    I don’t hate NZ pricing for physical goods. There’s no reason we should be charged $80-$100 for digital goods, but for physical stuff, once you tack on shipping, local warehousing, retail space, staff, import duties, a modest profit margin etc the cost of physical goods isn’t so bad. We’re just a tiny island nation thousands of kilometres from anywhere else, with a tiny retail market.

Buying from on overseas dropshipper, even with GST now includes, *should* be cheaper because you’re cutting so much of that out.

Customs are changing the way they work for the new GST stuff btw Technoviking. It will be enforced on the retailers end now, the same way VAT works if you’re buying off US Amazon but shipping to Britain etc.

5. Post
    Anyone have a USB-C Bluetooth adapter for the Switch and can recommend?

6. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Anyone have a USB-C Bluetooth adapter for the Switch and can recommend?
    -
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Not having Bluetooth headphone support on the plane for my Switch was torture. Skull&Co offer free worldwide shipping on the Gulikit Route+ Pro Bluetooth adapter, which has a U-type adapter which is compatible with the Skull&Co Gripcase. Super good deal, I went ahead and snapped that up.
    This arrived tonight. Works great both docked and otherwise. Recommended.

7. Post
    Oh chrumbs, thanks Eva I was looking at making another purchase from Skull for some thumb grips. Good excuse!

8. Post
    frio wrote:
    Customs are changing the way they work for the new GST stuff btw Technoviking. It will be enforced on the retailers end now, the same way VAT works if you’re buying off US Amazon but shipping to Britain etc.
    I'm still in Sweden, but buying from the US or anywhere outside of the EU I have to pay extra tax on arrival. I don't remember specifically about Amazon US, but a lot of Amazon items they straight up refuse to ship to me. It's a bit shit. Ok I could be wrong about how things will work in NZ, but it always pays to make sure from any overseas seller before placing an order. I had a bad experience from buying from Amazon UK but the seller was based in, and shipped, from China. Which meant I had to pay the min tax of 85kr ($13) on something worth like $2.
    Last edited by TECHNOVIKING; Today at 12:23 am.