Nintendo Switch

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3116

  1. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Awful advice. DO get a tempered glass screen protector, they're really cheap and fully worth it.
    Honestly it wasn't meant to read as advice. Yeah I should have recommended it. But personally, I just never felt compelled. I think I will though.

  2. Post
    Gazza-Max wrote:
    Dock bands are great, I never bothered with a screen protector because of them.
    I read this as cock rings, then viewed the store page, turns out I wasn't that far from the truth

  3. Post
    lol @ dock bands, I just put some soft insulation tape on the inside of my dock

  4. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    lol @ dock bands, I just put some soft insulation tape on the inside of my dock
    Imagine laughing at something when your solution is even more ridiculous

  5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Pro Controller is fantastic.

    An alternative which won't break the bank is the HORIPAD Wired Controller by Hori. High quality 3rd party controller, like most Hori accessories.
    Hori pad looks nice but wired only is a dealbreaker

  6. Post
    Doesn't have rumble or motion controls as well. I wouldn't touch the 3rd party controllers with a stick. I'd import a pro controller tbh.

    Just ordered ultimate alliance 3

  7. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    Imagine laughing at something when your solution is even more ridiculous
    Free, invisible from the outside, no inconvenience for hand-held use.. yeah I can't see how you think that's more ridiculous... hail corporate I guess?

  8. Post
    New Switch revision on the way. Up to 9hrs on the battery.

  9. Post
    gikar wrote:
    New Switch revision on the way. Up to 9hrs on the battery.
    Better than nothing I guess I might grab the revision if there's a trade in deal with it.

  10. Post
    gikar wrote:
    New Switch revision on the way. Up to 9hrs on the battery.
    Any benefits for those who only use it docked?

  11. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Better than nothing I guess I might grab the revision if there's a trade in deal with it.
    Was going to get the Lite as i wanted something for gaming on the go but may just get this

  12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Any benefits for those who only use it docked?
    Reports talk about battery life but i suspect it may also have the new chip in it.

  13. Post
    YUS!

    F5'ing MightyApe so I can smash the pre-order.

  14. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Any benefits for those who only use it docked?
    Going from the reports it seems to be one big upgrade, The battery but who knows maybe we might see more than the battery that's upgraded.

  15. Post
    I feel like if there was extra performance they would have mentioned it.

    This is obviously just Tegra x1 die shrunk down to 12nm - so if the battery life has improved, it's probably because they are using the same clock speeds, but it has lower power consumption now. Maybe the chip will clock higher when docked? That will have to wait for a digital foundry review.

    Not everyone will know this, but over time - Nintendo has been releasing firmware updates that have been raising the clock speeds of the Switch in docked mode to improve performance. It's minor changes but it has been done to help demanding games like doom and witcher 3 etc. So there is a chance they can release or ship with an update that lets the new switch clock even higher

  16. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I feel like if there was extra performance they would have mentioned it.

    This is obviously just Tegra x1 die shrunk down to 12nm - so if the battery life has improved, it's probably because they are using the same clock speeds, but it has lower power consumption now. Maybe the chip will clock higher when docked? That will have to wait for a digital foundry review.

    Not everyone will know this, but over time - Nintendo has been releasing firmware updates that have been raising the clock speeds of the Switch in docked mode to improve performance. It's minor changes but it has been done to help demanding games like doom and witcher 3 etc. So there is a chance they can release or ship with an update that lets the new switch clock even higher
    Yeah boost mode only some games have it currently. Devs can ask for access to it. It will be in one of the next ctr patches to help with load times. So if they can have it as standard on a chip makes sense for new revision

  17. Post
    Think they will clear out old SKU's?

  18. Post
    What they're trying to do at the moment. Pretty much anywhere the price is $469 comapred to the usual $500+

  19. Post
    jords wrote:
    Think they will clear out old SKU's?
    Over time yes. Reports say stock with the longer battery life due to start being sold as early as august or late september for the uk

  20. Post
    Nintendo Australia has now updated the site

    https://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo...stems/compare/

    Name:  OGversusLite.PNG
Views: 132
Size:  52.5 KB

  21. Post
    have they fixed the wireless chip tho

  22. Post
    What was wrong with the WiFi?

  23. Post
    Rii wrote:
    What was wrong with the WiFi?
    Nothing

    It’s limited to 100Mbps but that’s not bad - don’t see why the switch needs any faster than that

  24. Post
    Don't remember there being anything wrong with the WiFi either when I owned one.

    EDIT: I'm assuming we're going to be able to pre-order in the next few days. I'm picking over the weekend as The Warehouse's $469 console sale ends on Monday. MightyApe's ends midnight tomorrow. Trying to shift a few older units first.

    And Nintendo making model info available so you know what version you're pre-ordering.
    Last edited by Rii; 18th July 2019 at 5:45 pm.

  25. Post
    Been playing a bit of ultimate Alliance 3, damn this is good. Runs slick n smooth as and plays like a dream