Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

Hell yeah! I loved MW2 and MW2: Mercs back in the day. I was bummed when the original MW5 was cancelled and replaced with a bloody online MP game.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/mechwarrior-5-announced/

Slated for a 2018 release, Piranha Games president Russ Bullock took the stage to reveal the first footage of MechWarrior 5, which is being developed using Unreal Engine 4
    what we do know is that MechWarrior 5 is a completely standalone singleplayer game being developed by Piranha Games using a separate team than the one currently supporting MechWarrior Online, its multiplayer-only CryEngine game that went into open beta in 2012. MechWarrior 5 will feature "intense PvE ‘Mech combat in an immersive, career-based Mercenary campaign driven by player choice."

...Set during the Third Succession War of 3015, MechWarrior 5 puts you in the cockpit of a "green MechWarrior mercenary" caught in the conflict by factions vying to control the Inner Sphere—the region of space surrounding Earth. True to MechWarrior, pilots won't just need to prove themselves on the battlefield but will also oversee the maintenance and enhancement of their BattleMechs. Along with the emphasis on player choice, MechWarrior 5 seems to adhere closely to the traditions established by the earlier MechWarrior games.

2. Post
    Definitely interested. Was also pissed about the last game being a MP only grind-a-thon.

3. Post
    while i want a new mw5 game, i do not want PG doing it, they have lifted assets from their MW:O game directly ( i still have my account and recognized most of it ) the engine looks the same as before and even worst than what they had in pre beta all those YEARS ago ( there was internal damage, limb destruction, outer skin and inner skeleton details , this one has none of that and looks exactly like the MW:O skinning and damage ) . This is again another minimum viable product release from PG, many of the mechwarrior community predicted this would happen as PG only has the right to the MW5 for another year or less IRRC.

4. Post
    Only played MechAssault 2 and the demo of one but looks interesting.
    Bloody wrote:
    while i want a new mw5 game, i do not want PG doing it, they have lifted assets from their MW:O game directly ( i still have my account and recognized most of it )
    Why spend so much time making new art assets for a pre-alpha of a game to be released in ~2 years?
    Bloody wrote:
    the engine looks the same as before
    MW:O = CryEngine 3
    MW5 = UE4
    Aside from the built in way of how things render how can you tell what engine it is? I'm sure CryEngine, UE4 and Unity could be made to do the same thing.

5. Post
    I played the hell out of MW2. Looking forward to this!

6. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    Only played MechAssault 2 and the demo of one but looks interesting.

Why spend so much time making new art assets for a pre-alpha of a game to be released in ~2 years?

MW:O = CryEngine 3
    MW5 = UE4
    Aside from the built in way of how things render how can you tell what engine it is? I'm sure CryEngine, UE4 and Unity could be made to do the same thing.
    login to MW:O and look for yourself. As i said, it is essentially a reskin into a the UE4 engine. If you played pre beta, you would see a huge visual difference that was originally done before they ditched and downgraded to visuals to what MW:O looks now. It is pretty average as the original beta which i was in 2010 and 2011 before they threw much of it out for and it 2013 came out with the underwhelming current release.

7. Post
    mw2 was so bad ass for its day. That sound track... ill keep an eye on it

8. Post
    Dat MW2 voice over.
    PPC and Gauss canon king hit super combo.

9. Post
    I don't think they have released Modern Warfare 4 so how are they up to MW5?

10. Post
    Its funny. I have no prior MW experience, but while watching that video I kept expecting to see bits blasted off both mechs, glowing streaks from the lasers, burn marks from the canon some evidence the weapons were doing something beyond the generic hit markers. Why would a scout mech charge straight at an obviously more powerful combat mech? The fall over explosion death was laughable.

This game has so much potential, really hope Bloody get proven wrong

11. Post
    I've enjoyed MW3 both campaign and LAN. Looking forward to this.

12. Post
    This sounds like the original Mechwarrior. Keen as ****

13. Post
    Looks awesome, could be a great VR title too.

14. Post
    Im with GaR, This looks more like Mechwarrior than that Free 2 Play bollocks that they released a few years ago.
    im keen for a proper campaign of it.

15. Post
    Greyfrog wrote:
    Its funny. I have no prior MW experience, but while watching that video I kept expecting to see bits blasted off both mechs, glowing streaks from the lasers, burn marks from the canon some evidence the weapons were doing something beyond the generic hit markers. Why would a scout mech charge straight at an obviously more powerful combat mech? The fall over explosion death was laughable.

This game has so much potential, really hope Bloody get proven wrong
    that was in the original alpha engine , which iirc was done with Unreal engine but the switched over to Cry sometime during pre alpha irrc, the reason was development time from the original reddit thread. Then Alpha was realeased and if you go back and youtube some of it, it was quite impressive for its time, there was full fledged outer skins and inner skeleton plsu limb destruction was fully actualized and engine destruction and coring resulted in full meltdowns and near complete mech destruction.

It was quite glorious and did NOT work . ALpha players like myself and even the USA and Canadian players ( the servers were based in Canada at that point ) all found the engine sluggish, unplayable etc And back then the enviroment textures were barely loaded. So they cut their losses and low ressed the textures as well as redid the engine so the internal skeletons were removed, the limb destruction etc was removed or toned down etc etc

so what you just saw was essentially the MW:O textures and skins on a new Unreal 4 engine. Very basic , very COD like , no impact or shuddering, no limb loss, no layers of armour being peeled or blasted off etc . Which would be fine for an online game or 5 years ago . But for a single player, in this day and age? No, it looks bad and looks like a rush job by PG to use the license before it expires in 2 more years.

16. Post
    Are people actually making judgments based on Pre-Alpha build?
    Until there is actual in-game footage of a submission/release comparable build, and details about confirmed features any saying anything definitive is being really really premature.
    Piranha don't have the greatest track record, but this might be their breakout game. Who knows.

Worst case scenario it's a bit shit, and we all play the inevitable 2018 sequel/expansion to next years Battletech instead.

17. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    so what you just saw was essentially the MW:O textures and skins on a new Unreal 4 engine. Very basic , very COD like , no impact or shuddering, no limb loss, no layers of armour being peeled or blasted off etc . Which would be fine for an online game or 5 years ago . But for a single player, in this day and age? No, it looks bad and looks like a rush job by PG to use the license before it expires in 2 more years.
    They couldn't possibly just be using assets from MW:O as placeholders for this PRE-ALPHA DEMONSTRATION, right? That's completely unfathomable, man!!!!111

Come on mate, you're usually smarter than this.

18. Post
    no, based on my experience with MW:O that is exactly what they are gonna do imho. And then they will limit the available mechs to the "basic starter"and then sell additional units ( form existing rosters they already done in MW:O ) as DLCs.

19. Post
    Just wait for a vertical slice before condemning the game.

20. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    no, based on my experience with MW:O that is exactly what they are gonna do imho. And then they will limit the available mechs to the "basic starter"and then sell additional units ( form existing rosters they already done in MW:O ) as DLCs.
    TIL that some people think the a F2P online MP only shooter is like a SP only narrative game as far as monetisation and itemisation go.
    Perhaps you had better stop posting before you say something else extremely silly. I mean you've already said maybe the daftest thing I read in here in months, but maybe now you should stop digging the hole.

21. Post
    Ah man.

dem days when all games were awesome.

That first track. I remember starting in my wolf out in the middle of no-where. Was immersive as shit.

22. Post
    http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/12/...p-mod-support/
    • The campaign has optional 4-player co-op
    • Mod support with Steam Workshop functionality.

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/12/...p-mod-support/
    • The campaign has optional 4-player co-op
    • Mod support with Steam Workshop functionality.

Tentative release date is Dec 2018.
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/1...er-2018/46318/

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

24. Post
    if it doesn't have a intro as epic as MW2

then they have failed imo =P

still will be awesome to have this series back again.

25. Post
    Mech 4 Vengeance had a cooler intro imho