1080ti at 1080p can run FFXV with 100fps

At 4k, nothing, not even the Titan V can run FFXV at 60fps

This game is super demanding

2. Post
    Just a hair off Titan V performance, came at me bro :P

3. Post
    Nice, clocks?

Btw the benchmark has some caveats

Yes performance looks low across the board but it’s max settings and includes things like Nvidia hairworks which and cards hate so in the real game turn that crap off

4. Post

5. Post
    Windows Store version will have cross-platform MP with Xbox version, if anyone cares enough to put up with Windows Store cancer.

The benchmark purrs at 1080p standard quality on my humble GTX 970.
    http://iforce.co.nz/i/c2guk35g.pfa.jpg

Big thanks to the Early Access customers on PS4 for their game testing and feedback to the developer.

6. Post
    Those PS4 Beta testers played at higher resolution than you will

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Those PS4 Beta testers played at higher resolution than you will
    I value framerates over resolution. 30fps on PS4 Pro vs. ~55-70 fps for me.

Where's your God now?

8. Post
    Actually its 35-50fps on the pro - your benchmark shows 59fps average

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Actually its 35-50fps on the pro
    That performance range is sub-par. Thanks for reinforcing my point.

10. Post
    1080p 60fps, what is this, 2010?

11. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    1080p 60fps, what is this, 2010?
    Vastly superior to 35-50 @4K. Performance is far more important than resolution. 4K is nice, but its a marketing ploy for people who maybe are a little uninformed.

a 59fps average is basically a rock steady 60fps

12. Post
    I only care about performance in shooters everything else is fine at 30fps and this is another 3rd person rpg which is fine in 30fps and 4K is not a gimmick if I try to play at 1080p again I need to see the optometrist it’s so blurry. Eventually your eyes get used to it again but it’s that initial drop in sharpness that hits hard when you compare the two, it’s no gimmick

13. Post
    Better performance directly affects game playability, that is an objective fact. The higher the framerate, the faster information reaches your screen. In a PvP scenario that guy on a 144Hz refresh rate screen will have advantage over the guy with a 60Hz screen.

14. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I only care about performance in shooters everything else is fine at 30fps and this is another 3rd person rpg which is fine in 30fps and 4K is not a gimmick if I try to play at 1080p again I need to see the optometrist it’s so blurry. Eventually your eyes get used to it again but it’s that initial drop in sharpness that hits hard when you compare the two, it’s no gimmick
    maybe for you, but we've long established that your opinions are exclusively your own. Just as anyone's opinion is purely their own. Remember the vast majority of people are playing 1080p on console. So maybe stop being such a dismissive elitists.

I have a PS4 and a HDR 4K TV, and can happily play 1080p for my switch, or any non-Pro PS games (ie Persona 5).
    Games @1440p on my PC look great, and play so much better.

Graphics whores imo are the worst people to take advice from when it comes to game experiences.

And yes, it is a marketing gimmick which people swallow wholesale. Being a gimmick doesn't mean its not good, or even a significant improvement. However it is still not a game changer. Bias confirmation is definitely at play here.
    The trade off in performance vs fidelity is currently too high. Every PS4 pro game that gives me the option of performance vs resolution. Performance wins EVERY time.

You do you man, but sacrificing performance for pixels... not worth it for me. Responsiveness, smoothness, playability these are more important to me.

15. Post
    What was the verdict on this game after the 10,000 patches and DLCs released? (The final DLC is out this month too.)

Ohhhh, this looks very nice. I think I might play this after AC Odyssey DLC Legacy of the Blade pt. 3 and South Park: The Fractured But Whole.

16. Post
    Gameplay sucks, story was alright for how much damn story was actually missing. Another FF to throw in the bin, well at least I finished the damn game but I'm not returning.

17. Post
    I'm actually replaying it right now after trading my physical copy and getting the royal edition on digital and I have to say that the game is a hell of a lot better now than it was on release. The gameplay is great and always was, I argue that it's actually a superior battle system to Kingdom Hearts 3. You can control all four of the chocobros in battle now. That said, the other three are a bit OP in the early game before balancing out (Prompto can blow up everything with his rockets)

The Prompto and Ignis DLCs are actually pretty fantastic and really flesh out the characters in ways they originally didn't get and chapters 13 and 14 have been vastly improved. 14 in particular is a lot meatier and has some really cool added boss fights and content. It would have been nice if we had this at release but the game that exists now is great. Other things to love include the OST which is up there among the best in the series, particularly the battle themes. The addition of Terra Wars and FFXIV sidequests also helps to flesh the game out a bit more.

Finally, Episode Ardyn is looking really cool and its anime had some cool story revelations that throws the line of Lucis into a completely different light.

While I will admit that FFXV's shortcomings disappointed me at release and its peacemeal approach to telling its story over various mediums were not executed particularly well, the Royal Edition is overall a vastly improved experience.

All in all I have to say its a damn shame Square lost Hajime Tabata as he worked a miracle on the mess Nomura left behind. If you're a Nomura fan, well its likely you will see his vision of versus XIII in Verum Rex.

18. Post
    But all you need is potions, you'll never die. Still yeah better than KH3 not that I've played KH3..

Still pointless in reviving team mates on FFXV no doubt, this is my end game experience pretty much with FFXV.. Die in one hit but who really cares, just use a potion. Well also happened at the start of the game when I went into a dungeon & versus someone who I really wasn't meant to.. Tried for like an hour in barely noticed any of his HP gone, ran out of potions so I had to run

Skip to the 1min mark.

19. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    But all you need is potions, you'll never die. Still yeah better than KH3 not that I've played KH3..

Still pointless in reviving team mates on FFXV no doubt, this is my end game experience pretty much with FFXV.. Die in one hit but who really cares, just use a potion. Well also happened at the start of the game when I went into a dungeon & versus someone who I really wasn't meant to.. Tried for like an hour in barely noticed any of his HP gone, ran out of potions so I had to run

Skip to the 1min mark.

The reliance on items is a direct consequence of the removal of cure magic. In practice using a potion is exactly like using cure magic except you pay paltry amounts of gil for it. This alone doesn't make the game bad.

20. Post
    I wouldn't even recommend buying phoenix downs, stuff hi-potions, stuff elixirs, all you need is 99 potions & your good for most battles even if your super under level, just keep your team mates dead so you don't waste them. It makes the game bad, it just shows how bad the game play is so I stopped playing as leveling up any further was pointless. For all I cared I could of had 1 defense stat & 1 HP vs these overpowered monsters as I pretty much died in one hit anyways all I needed was some potions to keep dealing damage.

21. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    I wouldn't even recommend buying phoenix downs, stuff hi-potions, stuff elixirs, all you need is 99 potions & your good for most battles even if your super under level, just keep your team mates dead so you don't waste them. It makes the game bad, it just shows how bad the game play is so I stopped playing as leveling up any further was pointless. For all I cared I could of had 1 defense stat & 1 HP vs these overpowered monsters as I pretty much died in one hit anyways all I needed was some potions to keep dealing damage.
    I really hate to roll this one out but it seems like you might need to git gud. 90% of attacks directed at Noctis can be avoided if you parry or dodge out of them. Did you finish the game or did you stop? I'm confused.

Your team mates are also not as useless as you think, keeping them alive allows you to use link strikes (huge dps when maxed out) and techs (Ignis's overwhelm gives the whole group I-frames and huge damage output) and Noctis's strongest armiger finishers only work if the team is alive.

Switching out to your team also makes them vastly more useful. Prompto can shred with his rockets, Ignis's daggers are completely broken and Gladio's fighting style can make him immortal in the hands of a player who can use his shield correctly.

I agree with you that the down state may be a bit too forgiving, but using items is no different to casting curaga in any other FF.

I get it that you didn't like the game at launch, I wasn't super in love with it at the time either. But the game as it exists now is a different experience. Sure the gameplay can in theory can be miserable if you choose not to play it correctly and instead leave all your characters dead but that's more on you than the game.

22. Post
    Get good!? I wish the game was harder is my complaint, you can't, CAN'T die in this game unless you just plain out suck at it which I'd laugh at anyone who does die in this FF.

Team mates are useless, great while their alive but when under level & they just keep on dying within seconds because your under leveled. You might as well keep them dead, just use potions to keep Noct alive & wipe the floor of any monster that is attacking you. If they do hit you & you just dye instantly as my max HP was under 3000 at the end of the game, just use a potion, keep on fighting! I wasn't going to grind when I can still wipe out any enemy.

Why would this game even need high end curing magic like curaga when you could easily sit on 1hp & not even care if you go into a down state, its a waste of potions to heal anymore than a simple potion. Hell best to go into a down state a good lot of the time & just do a summoning.

Sure I could of grind some levels, do side quests, rest at the best Inn for better XP rewards but zero need, game was simply too easy.

Get that I didn't like the game at launch? I loved the game till I got to the end & found the game really doesn't get hard at all, just stash some potions, hoard all the elixirs & other items I picked up. Story was great, except everything that was cut but overall I did enjoy it. It just wasn't FFv13 or the FF15 that was really shown & the combat really needs a massive overhaul so it wasn't a cake walk.

Got bored of how easy it was, so I never went back.