Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Friday the 13th: The Game

Name:  header.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  101.1 KB

The game used to be called Summer Camp but then they were approached by F13 dudes and acquired the license. It is a survival game where you run from Jason, think Dead by Daylight but very different. - http://www.pcgamer.com/summer-camp-o...the-videogame/

Closed beta is open but the quick match isn't working very well so I am looking for people who've acquired Beta keys to get together for a private match or ten.

Please PM me if you're interested and join the Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/aunzf13

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game...:%20The%20Game - Twitch Streams
    https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/ - Reddit Sub
    https://friday-the-13th-the-game.bac...reorders/37461 - Preorder and more info
    Last edited by Bt; 21st December 2016 at 8:36 pm.

2. Post
    This game releases next Friday at Midday. I believe the download will be sub 10 gigs.

I'm looking for people to play with me come launch as I'll be taking the day off, if you will be playing or are aware of any Oceanic communities grouping up please let me know!

3. Post
    It'll have the Evolve problem, everybody will want to play Jason but not councillors.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

4. Post
    Looks cool.

I certainly hope it doesn't fall into the Evolve trap of unbalanced matches. All the down time is what killed it.
    It was the most fun I've had in a co-op game though. A good team with voice chat was fantastic. Going the monster was never the core appeal of the game. I expect that will be the same here. Playing the antagonist is fun, but a well oiled team is king.

I would be interested in checking this out... but I really do suck at this type of game. Being deaf in one ear certainly does not help unless there are a lot of on-screen queues.

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It'll have the Evolve problem, everybody will want to play Jason but not councillors.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I played the beta pretty hard, who plays Jason is randomized among everyone who joins the match. You can only opt out of playing Jason, if that isn't your thing. This was necessary as per your point, everyone would just want to be Jason. What it does do though is make it rewarding when you get your turn.

@Chris: Most people communicate in game via voicechat and if you see Jason, music starts playing. However if you don't see him coming, you may be in trouble (as would be anybody else ;P) As it is seven on one and more of a 'survival horror' game than competitive game, it doesn't matter if you sucked anyway as long as you had fun.

6. Post
    This has launched half an hour ago. 3.5gb download, very popular on twitch right now.

I recommend giving it a go though it is on the expensive side at $47 NZD on steam.

7. Post
    $47!!!! yeah nah

8. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    $47!!!! yeah nah
    Bit expensive ;o

9. Post
    This will be half price in about a week lol

10. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    This will be half price in about a week lol
    I hope so! Means more players. No lack of that now, however.

11. Post
    Bt wrote:
    I hope so! Means more players. No lack of that now, however.
    The game just doesn't seem...fun? I mean from the gameplay I've seen today of streams, Jason has like superpowers like teleporting and turning invisible? Surely not, that's not the Jason I recall. He was very methodical, and the opening cinematic that you have to watch every time has him barging in on a campfire?

12. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    The game just doesn't seem...fun? I mean from the gameplay I've seen today of streams, Jason has like superpowers like teleporting and turning invisible? Surely not, that's not the Jason I recall. He was very methodical, and the opening cinematic that you have to watch every time has him barging in on a campfire?
    Its shit to watch on stream to be honest. There is more to it than you're implying but it is an indie game so don't expect polish.

13. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Its shit to watch on stream to be honest. There is more to it than you're implying but it is an indie game so don't expect polish.
    Yeah, I can get past the no polish part, but it needs to at least stick to the Friday they 13th universe.

14. Post
    It does very well, teleporting seems to make sense considering how magically he appears in the movies. I had the same concerns. Its a good game in the end.

15. Post
    Looks like one of those games you play for a few days then never again.

16. Post
    teleporting jason seems stupid especially when there is only 1 person alive and he just constantly appears behind the player, lame.

otherwise it looks like a lot of fun, however its fun doesnt last like chimera says its on of those games you play 8 hours a day for 1 week and then never again, so the price needs to come down - is it out on ps4?

17. Post
    Oh its on ps4 but only as a didigal game and its costs $60nzd, bahaha hell nope come back when its $20nzd

18. Post
    Well its perfect for someone like me, my favorite franchise is Resident Evil and my favorite genre is Survival Horror. I've got about 30 hours so far, I like the hide and seek style. We'll see in a couple weeks, I think that with a few more features and some polish it could be around a while.

19. Post
    is it actually hide and seek when jason can just teleport to you?

20. Post
    I had the same critique in December during the beta. I'm over it now.

21. Post
    Mhm maybe i should just take the plunge, it does look like fun, hopefully devs do fix up the issues and add more content

22. Post
    Downloaded, if anyone is playing on PS4 let me know

23. Post
    @Bt did cross play make it in?

24. Post
    Ok so the hype made me make a boo boo, bought the game but its got a big problem, I can't find anyone to play with - took 40 minutes for me to get into 1 game and in that game i had 300ms latency, after 2 minutes I got kicked out with a connection error.

I guess there just isnt enough local people playing, so I've requested a refund from Sony

25. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    @Bt did cross play make it in?
    Unfortunately not but there seem to be tons of people on PC if its worth mentioning.

Sorry to hear it Grim, I have been on PC. I get a game pop in sub-1 min every time. Was about 3-6 minutes on day one but there was a patch.