1. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    holy shit. was that new?

edit: im gonna have to pass spent way too much on games over the holiday.. infact since october last year. killer deal but i can't justify it at this stage.
    If you go to your EB games grab me one crow and I'll pay you.

2. Post
    I would love a Wii U, especially at that price. But ultimately I'll end up getting a Switch (just not at launch price without a reasonably priced console + game bundle). I'd probably get a few months use out of it before it becomes another unused gaming device.

I ended up getting Zelda: A Link to the Past last night via VC for $13 last night. I wanted to get A Link Between Worlds but figured I'd give LttP a shot first and holy moly is it a great game!

3. Post
    ^ Stoked to see you're enjoying the magic of LttP. I was just as impressed as you were when I fired up the original NES game on my Classic Mini console, and the gameplay was so damn fluid and polished. I couldn't believe it was an 8-bit game.

Yes the console I bought was brand new. I too would prefer to put that money towards a Switch, but my two toddlers thrash the hell out of my current Wii U so I wanted to get a backup console in case the other one breaks. I still have about 5 games in my backlog.

4. Post
    Joeskie was there any left man? I really want to give Wii u a go

5. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:
    ^ Stoked to see you're enjoying the magic of LttP. I was just as impressed as you were when I fired up the original NES game on my Classic Mini console, and the gameplay was so damn fluid and polished. I couldn't believe it was an 8-bit game.
    That's exactly it. It's incredibly fluid. I saw it being referenced when I was watching a Link between Worlds and thought "hey, THAT game looks great".

The music is pretty damn atmospheric as well. Reminds me of Chrono Trigger, which I really should finish on my DS.

6. Post
    Might check my local EB for a cheap Wii U. If I can find one for $150 with a game then i will just trade in my old one with the game and get $190 off when pre-ordering the switch

7. Post
    koukimonster wrote:
    Might check my local EB for a cheap Wii U. If I can find one for $150 with a game then i will just trade in my old one with the game and get $190 off when pre-ordering the switch
    I rang a few stores yesterday (auk), they'd sold out (i might have misinterpreted but from 2 of them i kinda got a 'ffs not another call about wii u's' vibe in their voices..)

8. Post
    Yeah called my store and they are sold out too. I wouldn't be surprised if the stores were only holding 1 or 2 in stock

9. Post
    Went back to check if the Wii U Basic console was there and yep it's still available at EB Games Rotorua.

Meanwhile I bought two Professor Layton games on DS, and Steel Divers and Pilotwings Resort on 3DS for $1 each. Worth the trip.

10. Post
    The eshop (if its anything like the eu this will be both 3ds and Eu - though I've only seen the 3ds shop) it has 30% off zelda titles (Ocarina of Time, A link Between Worlds, A link to the Past, Links Awakening, and The Legend of Zelda) .

EU get a lot more games that we do but it's better than nothing. At 30% off the bigger 3DS titles are still $55so would be much better off getting the cart, but I guess the VC games are a good deal (sorry Rii! hehe)

11. Post
    Heads up guys warehouse let's you pre order Switch console at 10% off

12. Post
    wait so we dont get the hyrule warriors 3ds game for discount in NZ? thats sad if true. But i heard that the discount only works on one game then no more discount

13. Post
    98united99 wrote:
    Heads up guys warehouse let's you pre order Switch console at 10% off
    Would other stores price match that? That's a good deal - $495 for the console, Zelda is also 10% off.

Does The Warehouse tend to be good with ensuring delivery on day 1?

14. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    wait so we dont get the hyrule warriors 3ds game for discount in NZ? thats sad if true. But i heard that the discount only works on one game then no more discount
    Nope it ain't one of the games on offer. But they've added the demo to the eshop home page lol.

15. Post
    Not a sale but we don't have a general thread, : 3ds Dragon Ball Fusions is out this Friday. Game looks great as is, but a huge update just made it more badass with an online mode coming https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/...oadable-update

16. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Not a sale but we don't have a general thread, : 3ds Dragon Ball Fusions is out this Friday. Game looks great as is, but a huge update just made it more badass with an online mode coming https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/...oadable-update
    I've been playing it the last couple of months, it's got a really interesting story mode and the battle system is great for the 3ds.

17. Post
    Awesome! I've never really watched dbz, played xenoverse and didn't enjoy it but this looks quite unique and interesting. Will probably sell a few games to cover it.

18. Post
    Shovel Knight currenltly 33% off (at least it was on saturday. pretty sure it's still going) - neat platformer, I already have it on Vita so won't be grabbing it on 3DS.

Also props to size for this:

WhatsUpMyNinja_ wrote:
    Hey guys, The Warehouse has 10% off online purchases today only. No consoles available for preorder, but Zelda, 12 Switch and accessories are all there.

https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/c/ele...ming/nintendo-

19. Post
    almost the same price as nzgameshop for Zelda If i can calculate correctly

20. Post
    Yeah they're pretty close. Warehouse with special = $90. nzgameshop = $83. Not bad to get it at launch versus waiting a week or so to save 7 bucks.

21. Post
    3ds eshop has Sega titles at 50% off, and 33% off the classic collection.

22. Post
    After a MASSIVE break of not even touching my 3DS, i updated it today.

Man just went through the WHOLE eshop catalogue.

Wish I had bought SFIV when it as on special. It's $38 now. MA has the physical version at $39.

23. Post
    Another Capcom sale on 3ds eshop, Street Fighter iv for $13.60, resident evil revelations $21.
    A nindies sale on too.

24. Post
    Perfect!

Thanks man, i'm all over this.

25. Post
    Dope, hoped I wasn't too late considering you were after it!