1. Post

Wanted: original pewter Warhammer 40,000 models

Heyas,

Looking to buy a few pewter 40k models to paint when I get spare time. Anyone got any of these they are willing to part with? Not keen on plastic models thanks. Any race is fine, prefer Eldar or Space Marines.

Cheers

2. Post
    Nerd! I ****ing knew you were a closet nerd

3. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Nerd! I ****ing knew you were a closet nerd
    I'm an out and open nerd bro, you know this.

You're a way bigger nerd than me though!

4. Post
    Painting little figures nope. Not even once.

Do you play with them or something?

5. Post
    Used to when I was 12. I just want to paint and create happy little marines.

6. Post
    My gaming club in Aucks is having a good ole fashion swap meet/bring & buy/bludgefest next Sunday arvo, might find some stuff to your liking there.

Can flick you the details if your keen.

7. Post
    Rumor wrote:
    My gaming club in Aucks is having a good ole fashion swap meet/bring & buy/bludgefest next Sunday arvo, might find some stuff to your liking there.

Can flick you the details if your keen.
    I'd be keen as a bean but I'm in Whangarei and money's tight atm for petrol. Thanks though

Do you think the newer plastic models hold better detail than pewter Rumor?

I might just go with plastic if it's good enough.

8. Post
    The technology these days is top notch bro.

While I loathe Games Workshop as a company and their games are in my opinion terrible (except the old ones like Bloodbowl, Necromunda etc..) they are leaders in the field at mould making and casting.

Was it specifically 40k related stuff you are keen to kill a bit of time painting? its a bit of a golden age of Wargaming so there are sooooo many sweet minis available these days to cater to pretty much all tastes.

If you like
    Spaceships - Dropfleet Commander / Halo Fleet Battles / Firestorm: Armada / X-Wing (pre-painted) / Star Wars: Armada (pre-painted)
    Naval battles - Dystopian Wars / Uncharted Seas (Fantasy)
    Large sci-fi battles - Dropzone Commander / Firestorm: Planetfall / Halo Ground Command
    Large WW2 battles - Flames of War
    Traditional size - Bolt Action (WW2) / Gates of Antares (Sci-fi) / Kings of War (fantasy)
    Skirmish - This is not a test (Fallout) / Frostgrave (fantasy) / Saga (Vikings)

Just had some info today released about a Samurai based skirmish game made by the guys who made Bolt Action & Gates of Antares which are both amazing fun so likely picking that up soon.

Currently painting some German Halftracks for Flames of War, after that will be my Muslim warband for Saga or Dropfleet Commander fleet if that arrives anytime soon (Kickstarter...).

9. Post
    I wouldn't mind painting a space marine dreadnought and some terminators.

A warhammer style dragon would be cool. I like Eldar Harlequinns for all the different colours.

10. Post
    Sweet man well there is an entire category on Trademe for 40k

http://www.trademe.co.nz/gaming/war-...0000/v-gallery